If I could have one more season of A:EMH

Dsneybuf

I don't think saying "please" would have hurt you, but I posted a link anyway.

However, where exactly do you expect Disney to release them? I assume that Disney XD doesn't show EMH anymore, and Disney's home video branch doesn't seem interested in any more physical releases of the show - not even something as simple as all the DVDs stuffed into one case. In fact, Disney's physical home media releases of EMH have disappointed for so many reasons, that I can't even see the absence of Keaton as the biggest flaw. (The first paragraph of this lists all my other beefs with them.)

brodie999

I don't think saying "please" would have hurt you, but I posted a link anyway.

However, where exactly do you expect Disney to release them? I assume that Disney XD doesn't show EMH anymore, and Disney's home video branch doesn't seem interested in any more physical releases of the show - not even something as simple as all the DVDs stuffed into one case. In fact, Disney's physical home media releases of EMH have disappointed for so many reasons, that I can't even see the absence of Keaton as the biggest flaw. (The first paragraph of this lists all my other beefs with them.)
Thanks, man. And I'm sorry for not saying "please". I'll do that next time I ask you to do sometime. As for Disney releasing the Keaton episodes, fans are campaigning for them to do that right now. If we show enough support, they might finally be convinced to air them, even going as far to replace Bell's episodes with Keaton's in subsequent airings and DVD releases. In fact, I've asked a question about how different the second half of S2 would be if Loeb and Man of Action didn't get involved on Quora. I think Disney should put their classic shows like EMH, Wolverine and the X-Men and Iron Man: Armored Adventures on their new streaming service. That'd help our chances of reviving those shows just like how it worked for YJ when we watched it on Netflix.

Dsneybuf

"Subsequent airings"? So Disney XD still shows EMH reruns, after all?

brodie999

"Subsequent airings"? So Disney XD still shows EMH reruns, after all?
Well, S2 aired on the Marvel Universe block, so it should still be airing on Disney XD. But after a while, they just stopped doing it. Depending on the reruns of the original Teen Titans show, this should inspire Marvel to air EMH reruns again. After all, Craig Kyle should have came back and done "Powerless", "Yellowjacket", "Winter Soldier", "Code Red" and "The Deadliest Man Alive" in the second half instead of Men of Action. He would have been a much better writer for those episodes than those "rinse and repeat" people ever were.

Dsneybuf

I personally would've preferred "Powerless" just not exist at all. It didn't become my least episode, but I would call it one of the most pointless ones. Without it, Marvel could've instead produced a redemption story for Falcon, or another half of the series finale, or the rescue of Amora, among other ideas.

brodie999

I personally would've preferred "Powerless" just not exist at all. It didn't become my least episode, but I would call it one of the most pointless ones. Without it, Marvel could've instead produced a redemption story for Falcon, or another half of the series finale, or the rescue of Amora, among other ideas.
Well, I've put it in on my revamped S2, and it and "Yellowjacket" have the Zodiac and Circus of Crime as the villains instead. It'd be much better with Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel leading the de-powered heroes. In fact, I've made the Galactus saga into a 2-parter with an episode called "When Calls Galactus" and "Avengers Assemble" as well as featuring the Sliver Surfer(voiced by Michael Rosenbaum). It'd feature more build up to the Devourer of Worlds(reprised by Jonathan Adams from MVC3) and more action and dialogue. Rather than it be rushed like in the original airing, it'd provide a nice and well-paced ending for the characters and end the second season on a cliffhanger for S3. I think the Sinister Six would be much better villains for "Along Came a Spider" since the Avengers helped Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four stop them from blowing up a Air Force base in the "Big Time" story arc and the Serpent Society were just the worst bad guys to appear in the episode.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Just a quick note - remember, the topic is about discussing what you would have liked to see in a new season of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, it shouldn't be a place to push different petitions or trying to re-create some episodes that were already produced.

Dsneybuf

Just a quick note - remember, the topic is about discussing what you would have liked to see in a new season of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, it shouldn't be a place to push different petitions or trying to re-create some episodes that were already produced.
I would've directed brodie999 to the original thread about Josh Keaton getting dubbed, but I feared that it seemed too late.

Maybe future discussion on brodie's revamp can go in a separate thread?

brodie999

I would've directed brodie999 to the original thread about Josh Keaton getting dubbed, but I feared that it seemed too late.

Maybe future discussion on brodie's revamp can go in a separate thread?
Yeah, I think that's a good idea. That way we won't have to talk about my revamped S2 on this thread.

Dsneybuf

Although, I think you should make the thread yourself, please - since I have different reasons than you for feeling disappointed with EMH S2, I couldn't critique your ideas.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Season 3 would've ideally featured a final confrontation with Surtur. I think there was clearly more to Cap's screwup in the future that caused Kang to go after him. Also, a proper wrap-up to the Hank Pym mental breakdown.

brodie999

If there was one more season o0f A:EMH, what would you have wanted to see them do? Guest stars? Villains? Soap Opera moments?

We have the hint from Josh Fine and Chris Yost that Season Three was going to be the "Magic" season, and we know that Surtur, a red-clothed Enchantress, and Ragnarok would play a part, and that the plan called for introducing the Scarlet Witch. That said... ready, set, GO!

Things I would have wanted:
* Quicksliver as well as the Scarlet Witch, so we could have the Kooky Quartet.
* Bill Foster as Goliath
* The Serpent Crown affair, with Hellcat and Roxxon Oil and the Squadron Supreme!
* The Zodiac
* The Circus of Crime!
Hey, all. I've just talked to Christopher Yost about what Season 2 could have been if Men of Action never got involved with the show. And he said they had a Nova-focused episode. Emperor Doom, not Stark. And the finale was a 3-parter where the Avengers fought Galactus on Hala.

Dsneybuf

I always thought it felt like Yost wrote "Avengers, Assemble!" as a two-parter, but got forced to cut a lot of scenes.

brodie999

I always thought it felt like Yost wrote "Avengers, Assemble!" as a two-parter, but got forced to cut a lot of scenes.
Yeah, me too. But it turns out Yost was planning on making the S2 finale a 3-parter just like S1 before Men of Action took over the show.

Dsneybuf

I'd rather blame Jeph Loeb - MoA's name didn't appear in the credits of "Avengers, Assemble!", but his did.

brodie999

I'd rather blame Jeph Loeb - MoA's name didn't appear in the credits of "Avengers, Assemble!", but his did.
Agreed. His name also appeared on every episode Men of Action wasn't involved as well. He deserves to get fired from Marvel for this. #CraigKyleForMarvelAnimationPresident.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts