If I could have one more season of A:EMH

Medinnus

Staff member
If there was one more season o0f A:EMH, what would you have wanted to see them do? Guest stars? Villains? Soap Opera moments?

We have the hint from Josh Fine and Chris Yost that Season Three was going to be the "Magic" season, and we know that Surtur, a red-clothed Enchantress, and Ragnarok would play a part, and that the plan called for introducing the Scarlet Witch. That said... ready, set, GO!

Things I would have wanted:
* Quicksliver as well as the Scarlet Witch, so we could have the Kooky Quartet.
* Bill Foster as Goliath
* The Serpent Crown affair, with Hellcat and Roxxon Oil and the Squadron Supreme!
* The Zodiac
* The Circus of Crime!

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I presume Doctor Strange would have appeared at some point. I wonder if an appearance from Namor would have been too much to ask for.

Not necessarily related to the magic theme, but I think it would have been pretty cool if they went ahead and introduced Eric O'Grady as yet another Ant-Man (I recall his name was mentioned in a Season 2 episode).

Medinnus

Staff member
I presume Doctor Strange would have appeared at some point. I wonder if an appearance from Namor would have been too much to ask for.

Doctor Strange would be fantastic, especially if we build the Defenders in the first half with Namor and the Silver Surfer and the Hulk, and add in the Valkyrie, Hellcat, and Squadron Supreme Nighthawk in time for a late season Avengers-Defenders War with Loki, Dormammu, and the Eye of Avalon.

Not necessarily related to the magic theme, but I think it would have been pretty cool if they went ahead and introduced Eric O'Grady as yet another Ant-Man (I recall his name was mentioned in a Season 2 episode).

How about Pym approaches Grady about putting on the suit to rescue Scott Lang from Egghead. We could steal elements from the Tales to Astonish stuff, where they're abandoned in a malevolent insect-predator filled environment with Wasp having transformed into hybrid human-Wasp.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
Taskmaster.

Thunderbolts. EMH had a great Zemo and he needs to come back. If not I agree with Capt, Squadron Supreme would be awesome. An EMH Nighthawk would be an excellent villain.

Doctor Strange.

Another Doom plot would be great as well.

If it was made now I would like to see:
- Songbird
- Ms.Marvel
- One Foolbrush Man episode
- Surtur could be behind Seige, would be an awesome way to include Spiderman and Norman Osborn, two awesome characters.

One special X-Men crossover, Magneto is the villain.

Malekeith and Kurse would make for a great villain duo for a Thor centric episode.

Wonderwall

Staff member
Two words...Devil Dinosaur

In a show full of references to Marvel, from the famous to obscure, I don't think we got one of D Dino. Maybe some kind of crossover with X men, don't believe they got around touching The Savageland.

Frontier

Staff member
Here's a mix of stuff I would've liked to have seen happen and stuff that I think probably would have happened:

- A big fight between The Avengers and Surtur seems obvious, and I think it would have definitely hearkened back to Simonson's big battle with Surtur during his run.

- Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver joining The Avengers, with Mark Hildreth and Kate Higgins reprising their roles from Wolverine and the X-Men. We would've seen nods to their role on that show and likely see them develop Scarlet Witch and Vision's romance.

- Wonder Man would probably have come back and become a hero, maybe even joining the team and getting restored into his more human form.

- Some kind of conclusion to Hank and Janet's relationship (although I don't think we would've seen a wedding one way or the other), and maybe Hank growing out of his Yellowjacket instability.

- They might have shifted Carol from Ms. Marvel to Captain Marvel to capitalize on her major push in that role at the time.

- I don't think Hulk would have rejoined the team full-time again so they might have introduced She-Hulk to take his spot.

- More development with Scott as Ant-Man and maybe even a spot on the team.

- It seems like they were planning to have Mockingbird join the team, so that might have happened or we see more of her relationship with Hawkeye develop. She might have even served as a SHIELD liasion with the team.

- A full-appearance by the X-Men, most likely with a cast or team very WaTXM inspired and with the VA's from the show reprising their roles.

- Another team-up with the Guardians and a possible return of Korvac, though I could also have seen them teasing Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet storyline, although I don't think it would have happened in that season.

- A more noteworthy return for Kang.

- Their own take on the Thunderbolts, but with longer build-up then Assemble.

- A Black Widow and Bucky team-up.

brodie999

My friend is working on a similar concept for a EMH S2 on the Idea Wiki where we can pretend Jeph Loeb and Man of Action were never involved and just say it was the Season 2 that everybody would have loved.
-Josh Keaton WOULD voice Spider-Man in his episodes and NOT Drake Bell(except for a few small grunts here or there)
-Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel would be the focus on Powerless
-Galactus would get more buildup and would be voiced by Jonathan Adams with the Sliver Surfer appearing as well and being voiced by Michael Rosenbaum.
-Wonder Man would return from the dead in Emperor Stark.
-Scarlet Witch would appear as a pawn for Doctor Doom against Thor. After they defeat them, they head to Asgard where they would spend a good portion of S3, trying to save Amora from Surtur's control.
-The Kree and Skrulls would go to war with each other and the Guardians of the Galaxy would play a major role in that saga.
-Hulk would definitely cause reality to be messed up (not his fault though) This would lead to Future Imperfect (Parts 1 and 2) and several characters would appear.
-Avengers Assemble! would be converted to a 2-parter called When Calls Galactus and would feature more action and dialogue.
-Annhilus would make a full appearance and not a brief cameo and be voiced by Mike Patton in Assault on 42.
-Ant-Man would return for Yellowjacket as his and Hank's relationship together would be further explained as Hank took Scott Lang under his wing follow Scott going down a dark road.
-Falcon would be featured in "Winter Soldier" instead of Nick Fury and would later join the Avengers in the overhauled Season 2.
- The original 5 X-Men would appear in their own S2 episode "Children of the Atom" which would foreshadow Wolverine's appearance in New Avengers.
- The storylines that were rushed at the end of S2 would be included too, but changed up to coincide with the Skull Invasion and the overhauled second half would more closely echo the stories from the comics.
What do you think of these sick ideas?

Last edited:

Barbossa

I am a hundred percent sure that before Loeb and Man of action gate crashed the second half of season 2, an Xmen episode was planned.It would explain Logan randomly showing up in the New Avengers episode. The Fantastic 4 were already lucky enough to have appeared in an earlier episode before the Disney mandates fell on the show.

Medinnus

Staff member
I asked Josh Fine if there were any notes on Season Three:

Joshua Fine said:
Most of the cursory plans for season three are tucked away somewhere in the back of my brain--some of it stuff Chris (Yost) and I had brainstormed, some of it just vague inclinations of what new characters we might introduce. None of it ever made it to paper, and some of it was already not really viable after the back-half of season 2 changed direction.

For example, the Red Skull/Dell Rusk thread was something that we were initially thinking would be on a much slower burn, so some of the places that might have lead in future seasons became kind of moot as everything was being buttoned up in season 2.

We did say Season 3 would have been the Magic/Fantasy season though, so I had a cursory list of characters we might try to introduce, though no real firm plans for most of them. They included Morgan le Fay, Black Knight, Hercules, and of course Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, whom everyone was eager to work into the series.

As expected, the Surtur story probably would have been a significant multi-episode arc of the season.

Another idea we were toying with, which I don't think I've talked about before, was that with Galactus in the negative zone, which we had established was the dimension between dimensions, feeding on its energy, that he might consequently be eroding the barriers between worlds, allowing creatures from other dimensions to slip through to our world. This would lead to some kind of Doctor Strange team-up.

Hope that's helpful in some way!

brodie999

I asked Josh Fine if there were any notes on Season Three:
Yeah, and my friend Cassidy talked to Craig Kyle about reviving WATXM and EMH and he said if Marvel wants him as president of Marvel Animation, he'll come back and make EMH S3 and WATXM S2. This inspired fans to create a hashtag called #CraigKyleForMarvelAnimation President. He'd be a much better Marvel TV president than Jeph Loeb because he'd bring good changes to its quality and make great shows just like it's always meant to be.

Last edited:

brodie999

Yes, please, make it happen. I want to see Colossus in action in Wolverine and the X-Men.
Thanks, man. Me too. I wanna see much longer Thunderbolts and Civil War arcs than we've got in Avengers Assemble too. Heck, a much better written adaptation of the Infinity Gauntlet would be something that everyone would love because it'd have all the heroes fighting Thanos in EMH. My friend and I came up with another Surtur episode for S2 called "This Battle-Ground Earth" where Lorelei and Amora unleash the Midgard Serpent on Earth, forcing the Avengers to stop it and he found the S2 X-Men episode so interesting that he'd put it in the reworked S2 and replace the Prison 42 episode.

Dsneybuf

To quote a post I made three years ago on another forum: "My ideas for new episodes of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes tend to sound gimmicky, like a musical, or an episode all about superheroines, or a Halloween team-up with Doctor Strange. Regarding that last idea, it would have also had the Avengers face visions of their worst fears, which means I accidentally predicted the plot of Doctor Strange's guest spot on Ultimate Spider-Man."
For example, the Red Skull/Dell Rusk thread was something that we were initially thinking would be on a much slower burn, so some of the places that might have lead in future seasons became kind of moot as everything was being buttoned up in season 2.
Now I wonder if when Loeb or whoever claimed the last 12 EMH episodes would have more Hulk, he only meant compared to that plan.
If he specifically mentioned EMH S3 in a Tweet, may I have a link to it, so I could hit "Like"?

brodie999

To quote a post I made three years ago on another forum: "My ideas for new episodes of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes tend to sound gimmicky, like a musical, or an episode all about superheroines, or a Halloween team-up with Doctor Strange. Regarding that last idea, it would have also had the Avengers face visions of their worst fears, which means I accidentally predicted the plot of Doctor Strange's guest spot on Ultimate Spider-Man."

Now I wonder if when Loeb or whoever claimed the last 12 EMH episodes would have more Hulk, he only meant compared to that plan.

If he specifically mentioned EMH S3 in a Tweet, may I have a link to it, so I could hit "Like"?
Yeah, well. Christopher Yost said if he had the power to do that, they would have never ended. It's up to us. YJ fans made that happen. And I'm sure we can make it happen for EMH and WATXM and I talked to Wally Wingert about Hank Pym becoming Goliath in S3 of EMH. And he said " Yes" "That would be the natural progression in his story arc" "But I'd like to have a little more fun as Yellowjacket first. As for the link, here it is.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts