Ideas for Toon Heads/12 Missing Hares

Nelson

KrAzY KaT has been found
I was giving it some thought about this possible (If AOL/Time Warner & CARTOON NETWORKallows it) Toon Heads/"Twelve Missing Hares"special during the "Censored June Bugs Marathon" next week....Here are some ideas

1.Make this an hour long special

2.Air the program at 11pm as a way to end JB..."You Know", save the best for last

3. Present four complete cartoons (Just like the upcoming TH War cartoons special) and the rest filled with clips

4.This would be the way for CARTOON NETWORK to owe it to the entire millions of cartoon fans, that were looking foward to seeing these rare BUGS BUNNY cartoons...

Any suggestions my fellow toon heads???
Let me know!

Jack

Rabbit of Tomorrow!
I like it, here are the 4 cartoons I would choose:

Mississippi Hare
Frigid Hare
Hiawatha's Rabbit Hunt
Bushy Hare

They have a nice variety of racial "stereotypes", but are the mildest of the batch (and they're showing "Herr meets Hare" on another Toonheads, so let's not show it twice), I almost chose "What's Cookin' Doc?" so there would be something from each director, but it uses excerpts from Hiawatha, and it can be seen occasionally on Bob Clampett, I believe.

I still believe they should show the "12 missing hares", they have every right to, and originally were to do it in a VERY responsible manner (late at night, with disclaimers).

Jack:D

Nelson

KrAzY KaT has been found
Excellent choice my friend, but mine would be a little bit daring..

Here would be my four:

1. All This And Rabbit Stew

2. Hiawatha's Rabbit Hunt

3. Which Is Witch?

4. Frigid Hare

"Herr Meets Hare" will be shown complete on Jerry Beck's TOON HEADS:THE WARTIME CARTOONS special, on July 1st

Jack

Rabbit of Tomorrow!
Your choices are better, you brave soul, you:D

Jack:D :D :D

kiddiesunshine

Weren't channels able to air Hiawatha's Rabbit Hunt a couple of years ago? I remember seeing that one back in Chicago when WPWR had Bugs Bunny cartoons. It's the one with the Indian with the big nose, right?

I would suggest...

To be on the safe side, air it from 2-3am on June 3.

Complete (or slightly edited) cartoons would be:
Mississippi Hare
Frigid Hare
Bushy Hare
Horse Hare
and clips from all the others

The cartoons themselves would not be interrupted, however their historical importance would be explained before they start.

Cartoon King

Duck Fan
Originally posted by kiddiesunshine
Weren't channels able to air Hiawatha's Rabbit Hunt a couple of years ago? I remember seeing that one back in Chicago when WPWR had Bugs Bunny cartoons. It's the one with the Indian with the big nose, right?

Actually, until about 3 or 4 years ago, a local Fox station aired a show entitled Bugs Bunny and Friends that showed all of pre-1948 Bugs cartoons except for All This and Rabbit Stew and the Bugs Bunny Bond Rally. They were shown mostly uncut, too. They even showed the uncut Fresh Hare with the blackface ending intact. Also featured were other pre-1948 uncut WB's such as Cross Country Detours, I Taw a Putty Tat, etc. Luckily I taped most of them, but I wish that it still aired. :(

I got lucky and got All This and Rabbit Stew on a public domain tape about 7 years ago. It's in great shape, too.

But, yes, that cartoon has the Indian with the big nose.

Oh, knock it off! How jolly can you get?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts