I want to work at Cartoon Network.

VeiledHat

HAHAHA! I HAVE YOU NOW!
As you all know, I wanna work at CN and make everything better. I'm in the middle of developing my own DC animated universe for the Internet, and I'm gonna help someone out in making an Adult Swim series, so there's that. I hope by the time I become 25, I can work at CN as their CEO or Creative Director.

What would I do?

I'd bring back Toonami (on CN, not Adult Swim), Super Chunk, Tickle U, and Cartoon Cartoon Fridays. I'd also make a new block of female-oriented shows hosted by a new character named Yuuki Takemoto.

The promos would be like the Checkerboard era, while the bumpers would be like the City era, what with the characters interacting with each other (even the Toonami characters.) As I said before, I'll bring back the Cartoon Cartoon name. There will also be stuff similar to Groovies called "Cartoon Network Music Videos" which are music videos for already-existing songs featuring the CN characters.

I'll give the failed series and failed reboots CN formerly burned off on Boomerang a chance, like My Knight and Me and Sonic Boom. I'll also place a ban on live-action shows, but might revive some CN Real shows in animated form like Hole in the Wall and Destroy Build Destroy (and one of the CN bumps I made up is basically the "Prize Surprise" skit from Incredible Crew reenacted by CN characters, but with a different ending.) For Cartoon Theater (yes, I'll bring back that name), I'll place a ban on all live-action movies (like The Cat in The Hat... yes, they do air that) except for Space Jam.

I'll cancel Teen Titans Go, and if it gets bad, ThunderCats Roar. But they'll still air in reruns (but I'll pull the episodes that suck from re-airing.)

What else would you want me to do?

Last edited:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Real honest-to-God advice (if you're not a troll, of course) - Do something in STREAMING, instead. More creative freedom, less censorship there.
Heck, that's where especially 2 of the Big 3 (CN, DisneyTV) are going, as it is.

VeiledHat

HAHAHA! I HAVE YOU NOW!
Real honest-to-God advice (if you're not a troll, of course) - Do something in STREAMING, instead. More creative freedom, less censorship there.
Heck, that's where especially 2 of the Big 3 (CN, DisneyTV) are going, as it is.
I'm not trolling. I want streaming and TV to exist side by side. I do have HBO Max, but I love TV as well and I don't want it to die. I'll balance the amount of shows on the network and the amount of shows on the streaming service.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I hate to have to do this, but the specific job are describing is not something you walk off the street and work your way up to. People in charge of scheduling are usually the rich money-minded business types who can work up a schedule on the cheap, never fans.

And even if you perceive yourself 20 years away from this job, any suggestions we make in this thread would be 20 years out of date. A LOT can change in pop-culture in 20 years. It always does.

VeiledHat

HAHAHA! I HAVE YOU NOW!
I hate to have to do this, but the specific job are describing is not something you walk off the street and work your way up to. People in charge of scheduling are usually the rich money-minded business types who can work up a schedule on the cheap, never fans.

And even if you perceive yourself 20 years away from this job, any suggestions we make in this thread would be 20 years out of date. A LOT can change in pop-culture in 20 years. It always does.
Maybe I should train to become a businessperson then. I just want to save CN (from becoming something aimed at younger kids) and especially Boomerang, and help the channels co-exist with the streaming services, for people who can't afford them.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts