I want to get the Cowboy Bebop Collection as soon as it comes out, but...

animePWNS

A Smashing Reunion
...I'm afraid some of the discs may be defective like in Gundam Seed Collection I, which I had to mail some of the discs to Bandai for replacements a couple weeks ago after trying to exchange them (still waiting for them in the mail):
Discs 2 and 3 wouldn't play on some players, and on the ones they did, they wouldn't play all the episodes;
Disc 5 also wouldn't play the ending of episode 24 or beyond.
And the second Special Edition movie kept stuttering towards the end, so I had to mail that in too.

Does anyone remember if any Cowboy Bebop discs had such issues in the past?

Also, how long does it normally take between mailing the defective discs and receiving replacements? I live in Maryland, and I believe Bandai is in California.

Weatherman

Space...not what it used to be
Staff member
Reporter
They're releasing another one? Hunh, ok. I'm still goign to treasure my data dog box.:p

FireStarterLE

You don't want to see us mad
Does anyone remember if any Cowboy Bebop discs had such issues in the past?

I bought the original Remix singles and never had any problems and I don't ever remember seeing anything saying that they ever had any sort of problems with it either, so you may be safe with it.

macattack

I see you!
Staff member
Reporter
I haven't read any reports of problems, so I think you're all right in that area.

Then again, I never heard any reports of problems with the Outlaw Star set and my DVD player didn't play it until I cleaned the DVD up first. So I don't know.

Hades

Yeah, but the original CB discs were made a few years ago. The new set was made only recently, and recently Bandai made every single one of their Jan releases defective. Hell, stores have yet to even get fixed copies yet.

Harvey Two Face

Formerly Reiven
I've had that problem with defective discs as well on my NGE platinum edition so now I can't watch the directors cut of episode 21 and 22 as far as I can remember, it's so frustrating.

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Yeah, but the original CB discs were made a few years ago. The new set was made only recently, and recently Bandai made every single one of their Jan releases defective. Hell, stores have yet to even get fixed copies yet.
Wait, I thought stores had gotten the revamped, non-defective discs in (or were about to recieve them) when Bandai issued the recall?

Hades

Wait, I thought stores had gotten the revamped, non-defective discs in (or were about to recieve them) when Bandai issued the recall?

Nope. None of my stores have received any new copies, and I have a friend that is hoping he gets his replacement Eureka 7 BEFORE Vol 12 comes out.

SpaceCowboy

I've been wanting to get the complete season collections of Ghost in the Shell SAC and 2nd GiG. Are there any reported problems with those that I should be aware of?

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
For the record, I have my BeBop set and the apartment's watched several episodes now with no problems at all.

I've said once that UUE of DBZ had quite a few defective discs (they weren't latched into the case at all so they would slide around and get scratched up). Me and a girl working at best buy checked the DVD's when I was going to replace one, and there was one out of the six left that was secured in the case.:p

As for Cowboy Bebop, if you get a defected set you can easily return it. I don't think that it should EVER prevent you from making a purchase, because the customer's always right (so they say...;) ). I might pick it up, but I want to sample a few more episodes of Bebop on AS sometime before I decide to get it or not, or I could just get it on Netflix.:cool:

GingaDaiuchuu

As for Cowboy Bebop, if you get a defected set you can easily return it. I don't think that it should EVER prevent you from making a purchase, because the customer's always right (so they say...;) ). I might pick it up, but I want to sample a few more episodes of Bebop on AS sometime before I decide to get it or not, or I could just get it on Netflix.:cool:

Or just get it because Cowboy Bebop is the best anime ever.

DBZALLSTAR

I've said once that UUE of DBZ had quite a few defective discs (they weren't latched into the case at all so they would slide around and get scratched up). Me and a girl working at best buy checked the DVD's when I was going to replace one, and there was one out of the six left that was secured in the case.:p

Working in retail, I disagree with the saying "The customer is always right.":D , but I agree with the rest of what you've said, as I myself have gone through this before and am still going through this. One of my co-workers purchased the Gundam Seed Complete Collection Volume One set this week and had to exchange it two days later. I hope that when I see him on Tuesday, I hear that he has had no problems with it.

I will be the first to admit that we do sometimes receive DVDs that are not secured properly inside their packaging. However, as much as I would like to pull every single DVD that could have a chance of not working properly, I cannot do so as I do not have the authority. It would definitely save customers time and money, though. I think that DVDs should be checked before and after they are received to make sure that they are secure, but I guess "Time is Money" is the new slogan.:D

I'm happy that Bandai is giving people replacements for their defective discs. As soon as we start receiving ours, I will update.

For those of you hesitating to pick up the new Cowboy Bebop collection because of the fear of defective discs, fear not. Unless these are a new print run, they should be fine. I have both the original discs and the Remix discs, and they work just fine. If you do find that they have problems, let me know by way of this thread so that I can use the information to assist my customers.:D We should be grateful that Bandai is so quick to respond to complaints/issues.

On another subject: If anyone knows how to get in touch with FUNimation to resolve a similar issue, I would be most appreciative for the information.

I've seen someone post about it in their forums (but that obviously didn't work). You can just call (Zstore=1-877-465-8669) but they might have a better number for procedures regarding defective items (since that number is listed for their ordering, I think they will probably have an item defect option though). They used to have a live support person, but I just looked real quick and I didn't see it.

DBZALLSTAR

I've seen someone post about it in their forums (but that obviously didn't work). You can just call (Zstore=1-877-465-8669) but they might have a better number for procedures regarding defective items (since that number is listed for their ordering, I think they will probably have an item defect option though). They used to have a live support person, but I just looked real quick and I didn't see it.

Thank you. I'll give that a try first thing tomorrow morning. I really appreciate it.

Soul

I didn't feel like starting a thread but its still related so yeah.
Does anyone know if Bandai reissued the SEED Collection?

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Vuxovich wrote on 5YearsOnEastCoast's profile.
Just compare Xiaolin Chronicles' voice acting to the voice acting of this show. I can't believe someone in the 2010s was inspired by a 1990s obscurity. Apparently not a good sign. How about that?
If there was ever a character like this, I think she'd be a fan favorite.

The mystery of catnip solved!

That article fascinated me and I don't even own a cat!

Iyuno Media Group Enters Agreement to Acquire SDI Media

For those who don't know, Iyuno and SDI Media are two of the world's major localization companies and their job is to dub cartoons in various languages around the world. What say you?

Featured Posts