I Love to Read Batman - UK B:TAS Comic Book (With Scans)

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Jul 24, 2007
UK/Ireland
pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com
I thought I would make a new thread for this topic as a few members were requesting details and scans on this long-running comic. UK/Irish fans were lucky to get The Batman Adventures in the A4 format, but sometime in 1995, Redan publishing refreshed the line to include original 5 page comics, short prose stories, activity workbooks and other features. It eventually morphed into I Love to Read Batman & Superman (and even incorporated the TNBA designs). It (roughly) came to an end around 2001.

Any B:TAS is good B:TAS and I thought it would be fun to revisit some of the artwork and stories (especially with the Blu-Ray coming up). Bare in mind that these were designed for children. It might even be a good idea for James to put them up on the B:TAS sub-site for posterity.

2zyc4nn.jpg

hvsd2p.jpg

20pvokl.jpg

1124meg.jpg

2mcelbr.jpg

2itq8ma.jpg

24l6iib.jpg

This particular issue was from 1996. If you would like to see more, I'd be happy to upload.

Reactions: 6 people

Driss3000

Jul 12, 2014
France
Wow, what a blast from the past! Thank you for uploading it. And yes, I would definitely like to see more.

ShadowStar

Nov 11, 2006
USA
I remember this! Thank you for sharing it, Pfeiffer-Pfan! Do you happen to have the issue where Batman faces his doppelganger (another vigilante who wears an alternate Batman costume)? I believe that issue involves the Batman doppelganger targeting another super-villain who's being transported whilst in police custody.

Reactions: 1 person

iammattie

Aug 11, 2012
Georgia
Awh shucks, I just logged in for the first time in a while and for some reason instead of showing the photos I'm getting a wall of broken code. :/

Reactions: 1 person

Driss3000

Jul 12, 2014
France
I remember this! Thank you for sharing it, Pfeiffer-Pfan! Do you happen to have the issue where Batman faces his doppelganger (another vigilante who wears an alternate Batman costume)? I believe that issue involves the Batman doppelganger targeting another super-villain who's being transported whilst in police custody.
I have an issue with a Batman doppelganger, but only in french.