I Love to Read Batman - UK B:TAS Comic Book (With Scans)

Latest News & Videos

Pfeiffer-Pfan

I thought I would make a new thread for this topic as a few members were requesting details and scans on this long-running comic. UK/Irish fans were lucky to get The Batman Adventures in the A4 format, but sometime in 1995, Redan publishing refreshed the line to include original 5 page comics, short prose stories, activity workbooks and other features. It eventually morphed into I Love to Read Batman & Superman (and even incorporated the TNBA designs). It (roughly) came to an end around 2001.

Any B:TAS is good B:TAS and I thought it would be fun to revisit some of the artwork and stories (especially with the Blu-Ray coming up). Bare in mind that these were designed for children. It might even be a good idea for James to put them up on the B:TAS sub-site for posterity.

2zyc4nn.jpg
hvsd2p.jpg
20pvokl.jpg
1124meg.jpg
2mcelbr.jpg
2itq8ma.jpg
24l6iib.jpg

This particular issue was from 1996. If you would like to see more, I'd be happy to upload.

Driss3000

Wow, what a blast from the past! Thank you for uploading it. And yes, I would definitely like to see more.

ShadowStar

I remember this! Thank you for sharing it, Pfeiffer-Pfan! Do you happen to have the issue where Batman faces his doppelganger (another vigilante who wears an alternate Batman costume)? I believe that issue involves the Batman doppelganger targeting another super-villain who's being transported whilst in police custody.

iammattie

Awh shucks, I just logged in for the first time in a while and for some reason instead of showing the photos I'm getting a wall of broken code. :/

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Awh shucks, I just logged in for the first time in a while and for some reason instead of showing the photos I'm getting a wall of broken code. :/
I just asked about that. It seems to be happening across the forum. Harley or Zedd will look into it.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

I will definitely see if I have that particular issue in the collection, ShadowStar. I tore these comics up as a kid, pulling out posters, cutting up competitions and scribbling all over the activity books.

Issue 34:

2m85vv6.jpg
1zf79k0.jpg
vgsqxe.jpg
20p1slw.jpg
97tgt2.jpg
2modpg8.jpg
ay7jls.jpg

Driss3000

I remember this! Thank you for sharing it, Pfeiffer-Pfan! Do you happen to have the issue where Batman faces his doppelganger (another vigilante who wears an alternate Batman costume)? I believe that issue involves the Batman doppelganger targeting another super-villain who's being transported whilst in police custody.
I have an issue with a Batman doppelganger, but only in french.