I Learned Something Today

harry580

while disney & Pixar are making coco, disney tried to trademark dias de los muertos but got outrage from the latin community so disney didn't trademark dias de los muertos as a result

Last edited:

JoeMabbon

Dreadful Child
Hispanic Heritage Month begins in the middle of September because Mexico, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua all celebrate their independence days on or around the 15th.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
The last cigarette print ads in the UK before it was abolished in February 2003 were Silk Cut's "It ain't over till the fat lady sings" ad in which it depicts an opera singer, while singing, wears a silk dress with a cut and Lambert & Butler's "Looks like we've been outlawed, sir" ad in which it depicts the duo having their faces pixellated.

Mandouga

The Video Game Crash of 1983 was never really a thing in Japan. Even so, they have their own name for it: “Atari Shock”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Michael Berryman's favourite role is The X-Files single-episode character Owen Jarvis, due to it being a playing against type moment for him, since he tends to be typecast for playing villains and monsters.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
David Tennant is the only actor to have played three incarnations of the Doctor in Doctor Who - The Tenth Doctor, his fully human clone dubbed the Metacrisis Doctor and his fourteenth incarnation.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts