I Learned Something Today

harry580

astro boy (2009) was going to distributed in North America and International by Warner Bros and the Weinstein company before summit entertainment bought the North American distribution and eone for International

harry580

the working title for total drama is camp tv, the working title is still seen as camp tv productions

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Coca-Cola almost bought Dr Pepper in the Eighties and likewise Pepsico almost bought 7Up in the same decade, though both would get their chance when they bought the drink companies' non-North American units.

harry580

the animation provided the spongebob movie is by Warner Bros animation (which owned Cartoon Network, nickelodeon rival)

Last edited:

harry580

vivo was almost a dreamworks film, back in 2010, Lin Manuel miranda pitched an idea for a film to DreamWorks Animation following the success of his stage musical in the heights. Due to a restructuring in 2015, DreamWorks eventually dropped the project. On December 14, 2016, Sony Pictures Animation, eventually acquired the project from DreamWorks and fast-tracked it under the name Vivo

Dantheman

Gee, I never thought about that...
In Return of the Jedi, it was General Madine who was going to lead the Rebel attack on the Death Star, not Admiral Ackbar. They filmed the same scenes with both characters, in case the Admiral Ackbar costume/animatronics didn't work out or looked convincing enough. Apparently, they did, and a meme was born.

It also explains why Kenner released General Madine and Admiral Ackar action figures in the first assortment of Return of the Jedi figures in 1983; it was their way of hedging their bets over which character would end in that role when the movie's toys were being designed and the film itself was in post-production.

MurrayYvonne

Today I have learned about the downside effects of over consuming (had an interesting lecturer from Europe, and was very surprised how much attention do they pay on sustainability and nature conservation). I have never thought about the effect of our consumption. So I think we have to set priorities. Really, imagine if each of us would stop buying useless things. All those factories would go bankrupt! My brother yesterday bought three adult onesie, just because they were with different characters. What for? And I am sure that each of us buys a lot of skin care or cosmetics and doesn`t even finish them. We consume too much.

Last edited:

harry580

the Incredible Hulk was originally a sequel to hulk (2003) that was set to come out in 2005 before being cancelled and evolved into the mcu reboot of hulk

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
The scene from the How I Met Your Mother finale in which Ted reveals the identity of the mother to his children Luke and Penny was shot in 2006 as the teenage actors portraying the two would be adults by the time the final season was shot.

harry580

Steven Spielberg acquired the rights for the book in 1991, planning to produce a traditionally animated film based on the book. However, DreamWorks ended up acquiring the rights for the book for approximately $500,000 and putting it in active development in November 1995

Mandouga

Steven Spielberg acquired the rights for the book in 1991, planning to produce a traditionally animated film based on the book. However, DreamWorks ended up acquiring the rights for the book for approximately $500,000 and putting it in active development in November 1995

Which one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Red Hot Chili Peppers actually recorded an entire album back in 2003 before deciding to scrap it with two songs ultimately making into their Greatest Hits album.
Steven Spielberg acquired the rights for the book in 1991, planning to produce a traditionally animated film based on the book. However, Dreamworks ended up acquiring the rights for the book for approximately $500,000 and putting it in active development in November 1995.
You're referring to Shrek.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
The voice work for Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust was actually recorded in English first than in Japanese, which is why the anime film was released in North America before it was released in Japan.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.

Featured Posts