I Learned Something Today

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
How Jason Momoa got a scar in his left eyebrow was due to an incident at a café in which a thug assaulted him and then scratched him with a piece of broken glass.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
1600725742867.png

harry580

neil patrick harris was going to play blu from rio but replaced by jesse eisenberg at the last minute

Mandouga

When people think of the name "Untamed World", they usually think of the Ren and Stimpy episode that makes fun of nature shows with every single animal looking like Stimpy in some way. However, it was also the name of an actual, for-real nature show that aired in the 1960s and 1970s. A ccording to Wikipedia (yeah, I know, but it's all I've got), some viewers at the time got it mixed up with Wild Kingdom, which is a more famous nature show that aired at the time.

twilicorn

TIL that Steven Spielberg "rescues" Oscars - that is, he buys Oscar statuettes that their recipients sold for one reason or another, and donates them to the Motion Picture Academy, to preserve movie history.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
The DeLorean was not the original idea for the time travelling machine for Back to the Future. A fridge was originally considered for such but it was discarded out of fear that it would lead to children going inside their fridges.
I just can't imagine it not being a car. Having to travel at an exact speed works so well -- at least for the sake of story tension. From a practicality perspective, though, I don't know what Doc was thinking.

twilicorn

I learned from my brother that the official KFC Twitter account follows the five Spice Girls and six guys named Herb. They didn't even say anything about it and no one noticed until some guy pointed it out.

Mandouga

"The Star Spangled Banner" (the U.S. national anthem) was originally called "Defence of Fort M'Henry" (sic) when Francis Scott Key (who was actually a lawyer, but also wrote amateur poetry) wrote it in 1814 (during the War of 1812) when he witnessed the British bombing Fort McHenry (which was when "our flag was still there" as it's said in the song).

twilicorn

TIL that the "I love you 3000" line in Endgame was added to the script on the insistence of Robert Downey Jr, whose own kids say that to him.

harry580

osmosis jones was going to be a pg 13 film but turned down to get the pg rating expect the gross stuff are still in the movie

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Today I just realized I can recite every word of dialogue from this entire ad from memory, despite having not seen it for at least twenty years.....

"Ah, that's my nephew SCRUFF there readin' that comic book."
"And THIS is his nephew Scruff using his magic zapper! See that dog?"
"Uh-oh."
*dog turns into cat*
"And now, I'll turn YOU into a mouse."
"Hold it. Change him back. No dog deserves that. Now I'm gonna turn this comic book into a SPECIAL comic book that'll help a lot of kids."
*zap*
"Hey, that's ME!"
"Look inside. It tells ya how to deal with bullies, or if ya find needles or drugs somewhere...."
"Uh-ohhhh."
"Or if there's trouble on the bus. And it shows what happens to SCRUFF."
"What happens? What happens?"
"You'll see. To get your free copy of this comic activity book, just write MCGRUFF, Chicago Illinois, 60652. That's MCGRUFF, Chicago Illinois, 60652. And you'll be helping me TAKE A BITE OUT OF CRIME."
"What happens? WHAT HAPPENS?"

Ta-daaaaa...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts