I Learned Something Today

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
The reason why Indiana Jones shoots a swordsman in Raiders of the Last Ark is that Harrison Ford was down with dysentery during filming as originally he was going to use a whip during the duel so Ford suggested to Spielberg that he should "just shoot the sucker" instead, thus this funny moment came to happen in the film.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
None of the actors who played Max Rockatansky in the Mad Max saga are Aussies as Mel Gibson was born in the States as he's from New York (though his family moved to Australia when he was twelve as his paternal grandmother was an Australian of Irish descent) and Tom Hardy was born in the UK as he's from London.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Lambert's reaction when the Xenomorph bursts from Kane's chest in Alien was not acting. Veronica Cartwright was genuinely screaming when blood splattered on her.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Jackie Chan nearly died during filming of Act of Armour as a piece of bone punctured through his skull and into his brain, thus resulting a medical plug to be inserted into the area after said piece was carefully removed.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Snakes on a Plane was originally just the working title for the film but Samuel L. Jackson considered leaving the project had the title been changed, so it stayed on.

Last edited:

pacman000

It’s root bear & a candy cigar!
Apparently Dragon Hopper, the canceled Virtual Boy game, made it far enough in development to receive an ESRB rating: Blog about Parental Controls | ESRB Ratings

I’ve been interested in this game for years, since I saw it on the old VirtualBoy.net. Wished for someone to find a copy since then. Alas, it’s still lost. Weird if it was far enough along to be rated!

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Meryl Streep did that shocking scene from Sophie's Choice in one take and found it to be the most difficult and uncomfortable scene she ever did as she had just become a mother prior to filming and didn't see it again until it was shown on Oprah years later when she appeared in the show and was understandably uncomfortable when said clip was shown.

BattleForBFDIFan4

The Little King in "Christmas Night" aka "Pals" (1933) actually has a weird fetish in it.The weird fetish in it is the homeless person fetish.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Aragorn's actor Viggo Mortensen actually broke two of his toes after kicking a prop helmet while shooting a scene for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. His agonised reaction was all real that it was kept in the film.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
The three lead actresses in Memoirs of a Geisha are not Japanese as Zhang Ziyi and Gong Li are Chinese (though latter is now a naturalised Singaporean citizen) and Michelle Yeoh is Malaysian (of Chinese descent), which divided public opinion with some saying that their roles should've been given to Japanese actresses, while others defended it and pointed out that it was a case of "ability over appearance".

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
The production of Red Beard was troubling as not only did it cause the friendship of Akira Kurosawa and Toshiro Mifune to collapse but also Mifune became financially unviable as a result of this since he wasn't allowed to appear in other films and also wasn't allowed to shave off his beard during the film's two-year production as the latter would've resulted in continuity errors. He managed to recover his losses when the film did well at the box office but never worked with Kurosawa again, though both reconciled in 1993.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Roberto Benigni is the only actor to have played both Pinocchio and Geppetto as he played the former in his ill-fated 2002 adaptation and played the latter in the better received 2019 adaptation.

Zorak Masaki

The animator who drew Squirrel Marge in Itchy and Scratchy and Marge was based off of Eddie Fitzgerald

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Star Fox 2 was originally going to be released in 1996 for Super Nintendo Entertainment System but Nintendo cancelled the release due to concerns on that it would appear graphically inferior compared to new 32-bit consoles from competitors. It would ultimately be released in 2017 for Super NES Classic.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Jim Carrey was the original choice to play Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead's Man Chest but he turned it down to star in Bruce Almighty, so Johnny Depp was cast instead and the rest is history.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts