I Learned Something Today

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
When your hands get dry and red due to cold Siberian wind, don't wash yourself with warm water unless you like a burning feeling in your hands...

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
A Cory in the House video game was released for the Nintendo DS.

hat tip: jaylop97
and everyone keeps calling it the best game ever, to the point where it's the highest user-rated game in Metacritic's history at 9.5. To put that into perspective, the highest critic-rated game, Ocarina of Time, isn't even rated that high by users! This may be because it keeps showing up on 4chan's Pokemon forum - if there's a game being leaked then you can bet your bottom dollar it will be the Cory in the House game instead, in a manner similar to rickrolling.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Today I learned Fox wrote off Allen Gregory on their taxes, meaning they can never legally rebroadcast it or sell it in any form. If you know anything about this show, you fully understand why they'd take such drastic measures to bury it.

On the other hand, Cartoon Network did the same with Megas XLR and Sym-Bionic Titan.

Dsneybuf

I learned that Brad Bird suggested the part in Coco
where Coco's hand twitches before she sings along to "Remember Me".

columbiaharmeowny

Your favorite evil pie mascot!
Scar’s infamous “I’m surrounded by idiots.” line in The Lion King is actually a reference to a line in Spaceballs: “I’m surrounded by assholes!”

twilicorn

I learned that Brad Bird suggested the part in Coco
where Coco's hand twitches before she sings along to "Remember Me".
That was a lovely addition to the scene and he deserves a raise for that.
I also learned recently that some people do "Cards Against Apples" where they take the black cards of Cards Against Humanity and the red cards of Apples to Apples. One of my friends did it at a board game cafe in my area.

twilicorn

I learned from the brilliant book "Seinfeldia" that Frank Sinatra died while the Seinfeld finale was airing and they were able to get him to the hospital faster than in normal circumstances because the streets were so clear - everyone was watching the finale.

twilicorn

TIL that when John Ritter died during production of 8 Simple Rules and they decided to continue without him, Michael Eisner suggested that the character's widow get pregnant by her late husband and have the baby during May sweeps. Bob Iger loved the idea but ABC's chairman at the time, Lloyd Braun, found it tasteless and exploitative. He was out the next year and the baby idea never went through.

Dsneybuf

I learned that James C. Mathis III, Marvel Animation's go-to Black Panther VA since at least The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, got to attend the premiere of the Black Panther movie:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Today I learned Canadians can't cross the border whenever they please. Why isn't there free movement between Canada and the USA?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts