I Learned Something Today

Dsneybuf

I learned recently that the Real Ghostbusters Complete Series DVD has at least one commentary by Janine's second VA, Kath Soucie, but none from Peter Venkman's second VA, Dave Coulier. Judging from Phelous' comparison between Coulier and Lorenzo Music, though, Coulier's absence from the extras doesn't sound like a big strike against the DVD.
Incidentally, my "Wish List" of bonus features for a non-existent Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Complete Series DVD/Blu-Ray doesn't contain any interviews or commentaries with Drake Bell, whom Marvel paid to dub over all of Spider-Man's lines before those episodes aired, even though the writers already hired Josh Keaton to voice Spidey.

ToonJay723

Staff member
I learned that Quidditch got it's name from the three balls. Quaffle, bludger, snitch.

Dsneybuf

I learned that at least two shows on the CW accompanied sex scenes with non-romantic Imagine Dragons songs. One, I saw myself, another, I only read about.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
WHAT

"In the Melissa & Joey Halloween episode 2014, Aunt Zelda shows up and tells Melissa that she is a witch named Sabrina who had her memory wiped. At the end of the episode Mel decides to have her memory wiped again and continue her life as an oblivious mortal."

That's correct....."Melissa and Joey" was a stealth sequel to the "Sabrina" sitcom. What a cruel fate for Sabrina.
Did someone else show up in the same episode and tell Joey his real last name is Russo?

I learned that at least two shows on the CW accompanied sex scenes with non-romantic Imagine Dragons songs. One, I saw myself, another, I only read about.
Was the first one Arrow? And there have to be more than two. Every show on the air was using "Radioactive" in an episode.

Dsneybuf

I only read about the Arrow scene. The instance I actually saw came from Riverdale,
which played "Believer" as Archie and Jughead made out with Veronica and Betty, respectively.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
The Ren & Stimpy episode "Reverend Jack" is a fictionalized dramatization of the events surrounding Nickelodeon's firing of creator John Kricfalusi from the show. It's basically the animation team raising a huge middle finger to their former show runner - depicting his mannerisms around the studio, his constant running behind schedule, and how he ranted against the show and the people still working on it after he was booted out.

As a matter of fact, the Games Animation vanity card that appeared at the end of the show from season three onwards (a picture of Stimpy dressed as a milkman) came about because of John K.'s ranting after he was fired, describing the network and the staff he was leaving behind as "milkmen" trying to squeeze as much as possible out of his creation.

Last edited:

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
The Ren & Stimpy episode "Reverend Jack" is a fictionalized dramatization of the events surrounding Nickelodeon's firing of creator John Kricfalusi from the show. It's basically the animation team raising a huge middle finger to their former show runner - depicting his mannerisms around the studio, his constant running behind schedule, and how he ranted against the show and the people still working on it after he was booted out.

As a matter of fact, the Games Animation vanity card that appeared at the end of the show from season three onwards (a picture of Stimpy dressed as a milkman) came about because of John K.'s ranting after he was fired, describing the network and the staff he was leaving behind as "milkmen" trying to squeeze as much as possible out of his creation.
I've never seen this episode. Now I want to.

JoeMabbon

Dreadful Child
Eric Blair (aka George Orwell) was a virulent anti-Semite.

Mario and Luigi are canonically 26-years-old.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Yesterday I learned that Will Ferrell suffered from constant headaches and loss of sleep because of all the sugary foods he had to eat while filming Elf.

Dsneybuf

I learned that at the Amazon Marketplace, the cheapest My Neighbor Totoro Fox Family Feature DVD costs almost $70. (It doesn't show the movie in widescreen or Japanese, but it does have a different English dub than that used on the Disney and GKIDS DVDs.)

Dsneybuf

I learned from another Disneycember viewer that Halloweentown II: Kalabar's Revenge shares a director with Pet Sematary.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Today I learned Bea Arthur's character from the Star Wars Holiday Special is canon in the new continuity. Also, she's married to a woman named Sorschi.

Dsneybuf

I learned that in He's a Bully, Charlie Brown, Bill Melendez's last Peanuts cartoon, Taylor Lautner voiced the eponymous bully.

columbiaharmeowny

Your favorite evil pie mascot!
The famous tagline "Don't squeeze the Charmin" comes from how people would squeeze bread loaves in the old days to see if it was fresh (aka soft), since the packaging bread was packaged in wasn't airtight because the bread would be wrapped in wax paper in cellophane. Since the bread would loose its' shape due to being squeezed too much, the sales staff would often tell people, "Don't squeeze the bread, please!"

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
"The Fox and the Hound (1981) was a troubled production. The original ending for the animated feature was to have the hard drinking hunter nailing Tod the fox’s lifeless pelt to the wall and then euthanizing Copper the dog with his shotgun."

whaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAATT

Also, the producer wanted to put Charo in the film.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts