I Learned Something Today

Latest News & Videos

Chris

I am a DuMont production.
Sep 15, 2006
Ratings
Salem, OR.
www.atari2600land.com
Today I learned the Oregon State Prison has their own cable company with different channel lineups than Comcast, which serves the majority of the rest of Salem.

EDIT: To clarify, I didn't learn that by being there.

Last edited:

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
Ratings
www.youtube.com
I learned once again that, contrary to what @Peter Paltridge told me in one of the closed YouTube threads, Seth Green didn't play the quarterback in the Free Spirit episode "Too Much of a Good Thing": The end credits list John Lacy as his actor, and refer to Seth Green's character as "Joey". I didn't correct Peter earlier because I forgot the QB's name (and Green's character's name as well; I thought it was "Chad"), and didn't feel like looking it up again for whatever reason.

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
797 6
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
BTW, when I pitched the "Pinky & the Brain" franchise to Steven, I didn't have a melody to the P&B theme song. I only had the lyrics. So I sang the lyrics to the tune of "Singin' in the Rain." Try it. It works pretty well:

They're Pinky and The Brain Yes, Pinky and The Brain One is a genius The other's insane. They're laboratory mice Their genes have been spliced They're dinky They're Pinky and The Brain.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
My mom told me last night that Ellie Goulding's dad is Rob Schneider. I don't know where she got that source, but it seems dubious.

Edited to add this joke: "Rob Schneider is.... Ellie Goulding's Dad! Rated PG-13."

Aug 21, 2010
Ratings
Great Meadows, NJ
Today I learned.....apparently Getting By had a second season on NBC after it left TGIF? Why?
Apparently, Miller-Boyett got pissed at ABC when they attempted to renew the series but move it to Saturday nights- which had just killed off Perfect Strangers- to make room for Boy Meets World and another Michael Jacobs show called Where I Live. So WB pulled it and moved it to NBC- who promptly killed it anyway by putting it after Saved by the Bell: The College Years, making it pointless.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
I just watched the fantastic 2015 ABC documentary Behind the Magic - Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs, and there was a part about Walt seeing a silent film of Snow White (in late January 1917, specifically) - a tidbit that Peter theorized was made up for Walt Disney: One Man's Dream. It's not as wacky as Mark Twain's ghost telling Walt that he should keep drawing, but still....