Latest News

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,375 4
177A Bleecker Street
Wow. You know that infamous Punky Brewster episode where a kid gets locked in an abandoned fridge? That was an idea that, literally, a child came up with. It was the winning entry in a contest for children to have their story turned into a Punky episode. The writers didn't come up with something that dumb; it was some kid.
It's weird that that's one of the episodes I remembered the most, not expecting that it would be one of the most remembered period.

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
Ratings
www.youtube.com
I learned that when Walt Disney won his special Oscar for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, his speech ran at least 20 minutes, because he also took the opportunity to promote Pinocchio. Imagine a modern filmmaker spoiling his or her next picture at the Oscar podium...

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
777 7
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net

There's a new Peanuts book out that's a gallery of raw images -- original pieces of art, papers Schulz drew on, etc. Among the artifacts is a series of corresponding letters between Schulz and a black woman from Tennessee that resulted in the creation of Franklin.

In the 50th Anniversary book, Schulz said Franklin was simply created as another character, so apparently he forgot about this. The woman was wondering if a black character could be added, and Schulz's response was that since he wasn't black himself, he couldn't portray what it was like accurately, and he had no desire to put a different race in simply as a token, our of fear it would be condescending. Which is a valid concern. She wrote back that it didn't matter to her if the character was a token or not, the point was that black children should be able to see themselves in the Peanuts cast. Schulz was eventually convinced and Franklin was introduced two months later.

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
Ratings
www.youtube.com
I learned that Michael J. Fox might have already started contracting Parkinson's when filming the Back to the Future sequels: In Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History, he recalls that he couldn't put as much energy performing "Johnny B. Goode" for Part II as he did performing it for Part I, because of "that physical pressure" that he hadn't yet realized as a sign.

Annoyingly, three ads for King Games popped up before I could finish writing and sharing this post.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
It's weird that that's one of the episodes I remembered the most, not expecting that it would be one of the most remembered period.
there was also a fairly recent episode of Arthur where they submitted a story to be turned into a little film or something, and it was won by a kid based on the real kid who submitted the premise for that episode. BWOOOONG

JoeMabbon

Hack Fraud
Aug 8, 2014
Ratings
3,350 2
Milwaukee, WI
I learned Sega just straight up lost the source code to Shining Force 3, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and a bunch of other last wave Saturn titles which is why they have never rereleased any of these limited print games on other consoles or steam. This is a company that went head to head with Nintendo.