I Learned Something Today

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Today I learned about the segment of Garfield and Friends called Clash of the Titans that seemed to be an X-Men: The Animated Series parody.

I love this kind of stuff. When I think of X-Men and Marvel cartoon parodies, I usually always just go back to the Codename Kids Next Door episode, N.A.U.G.H.T.Y.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mandouga

The reason you have to pay a deposit whenever you buy soda is that it’s the law. Not paying the deposit is illegal. If you live somewhere where you don’t pay a deposit, you can’t recycle the cans/bottles that your soda comes in (not the usual way, anyway…).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pacman000

It’s root bear & a candy cigar!
Scott Joplin’s category on Wikimedia Commons is larger than than Stephen Fosters’.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
In a vault somewhere are unreleased recordings from John Candy, James Earl Jones, Michael J. Fox, Demi Moore, Ted Danson and a 12-year-old Jennifer Love Hewitt for an animated ecological movie called The Magic 7 that was abandoned shortly after most of the voice tracks were complete (no animation was made). That's crazy!

Recorded around 1991. If someone picked it back up and completed it, that would break The Thiet and the Cobbler's record for development time.

AdrenalineRush1996

Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway" was originally written and recorded by Avril Lavigne for her album Let Go.

harry580

Tove was once offered a chance to sell moomin to the Walt Disney Company. She turned them down as she wanted to retain full creative control over her work.

AdrenalineRush1996

Prince is the first person to have scored a number one single, a number one album and a number one film in the same week as "When Doves Cry", the Purple Rain soundtrack and film topped the respective US charts in 1984.

AdrenalineRush1996

Almost every single by the Spice Girls topped the UK charts with the exception of "Stop", which peaked at number two and "Headlines (Friendship Never Ends)", which peaked at number 11.

AdrenalineRush1996

Elton John has the record of most consecutive years scoring a US Top 40 hit with 30 years spanning from 1970 to 1979.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The Count: That's seven, seven shows rejected by Nickelodeon. Ah ah ah!

Apparently, Cassandra Peterson has been in a relationship with a woman for 19 years.

Is there a name for the art style Google and other companies use in their advertising? It has to have an official name if so many groups are using it.

R.I.P. Mick McGinty, who illustrated numerous video game covers, most famously Street Fighter II.

He also did movie posters, including Curse of the Pink Panther and Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Featured Posts