I Learned Something Today

Mandouga

Long before Star Wars, Mark Hamill was the voice of Corey in the Hanna-Barbera series Jeannie (which is owned by Sony Pictures Television because it's inspired by I Dream of Jeannie).

harry580

hoodwinked was going to distributed by dreamworks pictures because they need to fill in the void of animated films after its animation studio side was spinned off of, but dreamworks pictures said no and the newly form the Weinstein company picked up hoodwinked instead

AdrenalineRush1996

George Lucas almost bought the Star Trek franchise when he asked Gene Roddenberry back in the mid Seventies if the franchise was up for sale, which he politely declined. There was no bad blood between the two as Lucas said that Trek was one of the notable influences for his franchise Star Wars, while Roddenberry was fond of the original trilogy prior to his 1991 death.

harry580

Twentieth Century Fox did consider making Mr. Fox (from fantastic mr fox) the company mascot, but decided not to, because of how the idea was too similar to a joke once made on The Simpsons

AdrenalineRush1996

Chicken Little was originally going to be female in the Disney animated film with Holly Hunter voicing the character before the film was retooled with the character gender-flipped to male and voiced by Zach Braff.

AdrenalineRush1996

In addition to eventual buyer Disney, NBC, USA Networks and Viacom were interested in buying the Fox Kids library, Fox Family and Saban Entertainment back in 2001.

harry580

before the eventual buyer of rhi Entertainment that is hallmark. turner almost bought almost rhi Entertainment because new line cinema owns a stake in rhi entertainment

Last edited:

Peter Paltridge

Out To Lunch
Staff member
In Career Opportunities (which turns 30 today) Jennifer Connelly's character is initially a shoplifter, but it was her co-star who was the real burglar. He would take things from the Target where they were filming every night.

"Enough time has passed, so I won't be prosecuted, but I walked out of there with so much stuff! CDs were brand new and I was grabbing them left and right. Everybody on my Christmas list got Target stuff that year.”

harry580

in 1971, it was announced that MGM was to merge with 20th century fox, but the plan never came to fruition

harry580

At one point, fox almost cancelled epic (2013) and Wedge got permission to find a new home for the film and turned to pixar, led by John Lasseter, a close friend that Wedge knew from working on tron. When Pixar tried to close the rights for the film and start development, Fox changed their mind, and the film returned to Fox. The film was officially greenlit in 2009, under the title Leaf Men which later become epic (2013)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I noticed Friends promo are back AGAIN for nick@nite same from last year that using repetitively, but this time says "every nite"
Happy Birthday, Justin Felbinger
How come nobody made SpongeBob talk back? It's currently airing new episodes every Fridays
Since I'm in New Hampshire, there's snow outside today.

Featured Posts