I Learned Something Today

Peter Paltridge

Out To Lunch
Staff member
It didn't, but the Disney Sing-Along Songs video Topsy Turvy did.
Well, I could have SWORN it appeared somewhere. My parents rented a tape of a Disney movie and fast forwarded through that short before the movie began. Thought it was Tom & Huck, based on this evidence. It turned up somewhere.

Dsneybuf

Another YouTube upload of the video stated that The Big Green had it on VHS, though I've never seen that movie myself.

Peter Paltridge

Out To Lunch
Staff member
You know how Pan-Pizza is pretty darn open about his fetish for goth girls?
Well....today I learned his little sister is a goth girl.

Uhhhhhhhh.....

And now, to cleanse those horrible thoughts out of your head, here's a fascinating article about the decay of popular culture over time:

Dsneybuf

Today I learned where the results of the Ugly Public Domain Cover contests went after Golden Age Cartoons shut down:

Peter Paltridge

Out To Lunch
Staff member
Today I learned James Rolfe's cat Boo just died. :confused:

Boo was in an AVGN video eleven years ago; it was only a matter of time, but still. Sad.

Chris

I am a DuMont production.
After the DuMont Network ended, someone tried to make a fourth network again in the 1960s. The Overmyer Network became the United Network and even produced a show. Very interesting read on this here.

ToonJay723

Staff member
The original release of Toy Story 2 didn't have outtakes. The outtakes were added on December 25, 1999. So Cats wasn't the first movie to be "patched" while still in theatres.

Peter Paltridge

Out To Lunch
Staff member
Wonder how they got that version. Has it ever been released anywhere?

Anyway, today I learned somebody collected all of those old tape-and-book sets and made them playable online. Good for them!

Dsneybuf

The original release of Toy Story 2 didn't have outtakes. The outtakes were added on December 25, 1999. So Cats wasn't the first movie to be "patched" while still in theatres.
Before that, A Bug's Life saw its gag reel extended at some point into its theatrical run.
Wonder how they got that version. Has it ever been released anywhere?
The description says the person ripped it from an old DVD. Which credits did the Ultimate Toy Box use?

AdrenalineRush1996

Today I learned that Hawaii Five-0 was going to end with a cliffhanger leading to season eleven before said scene was cut in order to give the show a proper closure.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
One of the Who's biggest hit songs was written solely to butter up a music critic.

In 1969, Pete Townshend played a rough version of their new album Tommy to rock writer Nick Cohn and was disappointed when he gave it a lukewarm reception, saying it relied too much on the spirituality theme and needed a more upbeat song to lighten the tone. Luckily, the band happened to know that Cohn was a huge fan of pinball, so they opted to squeeze in a lighthearted song in the middle of the story telling about how their deaf, dumb, and blind kid could sure play a mean pinball. Upon hearing it, Cohn declared the album "a masterpiece."

Even though Townshend called it "the most clumsy piece of writing [he'd] ever done", "Pinball Wizard" went on to become one of Tommy's most iconic tracks.

AdrenalineRush1996

We almost had a straightforward sequel to Atlantis: The Lost Empire with Helga as the main antagonist.

AdrenalineRush1996

José Mourinho almost became the manager of the Portuguese national football team in late 2010 but was vetoed by Real Madrid.

AdrenalineRush1996

The Tooth Fairy (that Dwayne Johnson family vehicle) originated as an Arnold Schwarzenegger family vehicle.

AdrenalineRush1996

Wesley Snipes hated bleaching his hair for Demolition Man, so much that he shaved it off after production ended.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Jada Pinkett Smith's new animated short "Cops and Robbers" nearly ended up on Nick rather than Netflix Jada Pinkett Smith on Police Brutality and Animated Short ‘Cops and Robbers’ (EXCLUSIVE)
What's up with Mattel's fondness with Scare Glow in new Masters of the Universe merchandise? Maybe because he's a FREAKING SKELETON THAT GLOWS IN THE DARK, which is more toyetic than a guy with just a skull for a face, like Skeletor.
I'm the only one here to have a merman as an avatar.
Vuxovich wrote on Tacomaster's profile.
Do you know the reason why PPGZ never aired in North America, most of Europe, the Middle East and Africa? I still think that the reason why PPGZ never aired in the US was because a dub separate from the Ocean Group one was planned for the American audience, but never materialized.