I Learned Something Today

Latest News & Videos

Peter Paltridge

Out To Lunch
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
You know how Pan-Pizza is pretty darn open about his fetish for goth girls?
Well....today I learned his little sister is a goth girl.

Uhhhhhhhh.....

And now, to cleanse those horrible thoughts out of your head, here's a fascinating article about the decay of popular culture over time:

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
New York
The original release of Toy Story 2 didn't have outtakes. The outtakes were added on December 25, 1999. So Cats wasn't the first movie to be "patched" while still in theatres.

Reactions: superkeegan9100

Peter Paltridge

Out To Lunch
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
Wonder how they got that version. Has it ever been released anywhere?

Anyway, today I learned somebody collected all of those old tape-and-book sets and made them playable online. Good for them!

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
www.youtube.com
The original release of Toy Story 2 didn't have outtakes. The outtakes were added on December 25, 1999. So Cats wasn't the first movie to be "patched" while still in theatres.
Before that, A Bug's Life saw its gag reel extended at some point into its theatrical run.
Wonder how they got that version. Has it ever been released anywhere?
The description says the person ripped it from an old DVD. Which credits did the Ultimate Toy Box use?

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
Today I learned that Hawaii Five-0 was going to end with a cliffhanger leading to season eleven before said scene was cut in order to give the show a proper closure.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sep 3, 2006
Kansas
nachosconcarne.com
One of the Who's biggest hit songs was written solely to butter up a music critic.

In 1969, Pete Townshend played a rough version of their new album Tommy to rock writer Nick Cohn and was disappointed when he gave it a lukewarm reception, saying it relied too much on the spirituality theme and needed a more upbeat song to lighten the tone. Luckily, the band happened to know that Cohn was a huge fan of pinball, so they opted to squeeze in a lighthearted song in the middle of the story telling about how their deaf, dumb, and blind kid could sure play a mean pinball. Upon hearing it, Cohn declared the album "a masterpiece."

Even though Townshend called it "the most clumsy piece of writing [he'd] ever done", "Pinball Wizard" went on to become one of Tommy's most iconic tracks.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
José Mourinho almost became the manager of the Portuguese national football team in late 2010 but was vetoed by Real Madrid.