I Learned Something Today

Latest News & Videos

Peter Paltridge

Out To Lunch
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
It wasn't until a revision in 1795 that Robin Hood stole from the rich to give to the poor. In previous versions of the story, he just....stole, and partied it up with his Merry Men in the woods. The story had no clear good side.

In fact, a lot of old stories started out like this and were rewritten later with a moral slant. This article about the phenomenon is interesting:

Peter Paltridge

Out To Lunch
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
Today I learned the Japanese version of The Krion Conquest was called "Magical Doropie" and it contained a much larger story than the American version -- because every cutscene was cut from the one we got (except the opening). Originally the plan was to release the game as-is and call it "Francesca's Wand," and the boxart seems to indicate it was painted while those plans were still in place:

Peter Paltridge

Out To Lunch
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
The first season of Timon and Pumbaa had some music videos. One was "Stand By Me" and it had a significant bump in the animation, like it was done with CAPS instead of ink and paint. Turns out it actually did run in theaters, before Disney's "Tom And Huck."

This would have been late 1995, which meant the short would have already appeared on television. Weird.

I believe the VHS release of Tom & Huck retained the short, too.

vlcsnap-2020-02-01-01h22m52s886.jpg

Reactions: pacman000

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
www.youtube.com
The first season of Timon and Pumbaa had some music videos. One was "Stand By Me" and it had a significant bump in the animation, like it was done with CAPS instead of ink and paint. Turns out it actually did run in theaters, before Disney's "Tom And Huck."

This would have been late 1995, which meant the short would have already appeared on television. Weird.

I believe the VHS release of Tom & Huck retained the short, too.

View attachment 280834
It didn't, but the Disney Sing-Along Songs video Topsy Turvy did.