I Learned Something Today

Latest News & Videos

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
SO MUCH PAIN
I learned that the singer of Peanut Butter Jelly Time died in an 11 hour police standoff during which time his brother in law Snoop Dogg attempted to calm him down and get him to surrender

Reactions: superkeegan9100

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
My name is Koen (pronounced "coon") and that's apparently a racial slur in English. Why did no one tell me...

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
My name is Koen (pronounced "coon") and that's apparently a racial slur in English. Why did no one tell me...
It's a word I first learned about from watching Forrest Gump as a kid, and I'm of the brown persuasion. Then I think watching Remember the Titans years later cemented my knowledge about it. It had become kind of antiquated for a while and seemed to pick up a little during the last couple of decades or so due to a little self-policing about stereotypes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Red Arrow

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
I'm not interested in Joker but I had been seeing the preview clips and having Deja Vu. Today, I learned that the grimey, disgusting, trash dump steps that I ran up and down on the way to and from the 4 train during school days, in constant fear that I might misstep on a banana peel or a chipped stair were indeed the ones that Joaquin Phoenix was dancing on.

My little cousin thinks they look like the Rocky steps and that's pretty much how I felt after making it up that disgusting death trap. Every woman in my life preferred to walk up the longer, hilly route and I don't blame them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Radiant97

Peter Paltridge

Out To Lunch
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
It is never stated in either of the movies in which she appears, but Kevin McAllister's mother is a big fashion designer. This is part of why the family is so rich (we don't know what the dad does) and it's where Kevin got the mannequins for his "party" prank.

Reactions: Rick Jones

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
It is never stated in either of the movies in which she appears, but Kevin McAllister's mother is a big fashion designer. This is part of why the family is so rich (we don't know what the dad does) and it's where Kevin got the mannequins for his "party" prank.
Heck, I was thinking the same as well.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
I discovered that McDonald's had soup as a menu item in the States that only lasted briefly during the Noughties, whereas it's a popular menu item for the restaurant in Portugal.