I Learned Something Today

Latest News & Videos

RandomMe

Bloo
Dec 30, 2012
Braga, Portugal
internalymbelydredd.tumblr.com
So it's just like that old CN feed for airplanes, whatever that was called. I saw its continuity on YouTube but I can't find it.

EDIT: Found it.
Reminds me of Cartoon Network Mobile on Gametap. 2007. Shows did not exceed 10/11 minutes in length. Mostly CN shows and the terrible Filmation adaptation of Tom and Jerry. End credits were accelerated. The breaks consisted exclusively of bumper and a generic Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends promo.

Reactions: TheMisterFree

Radical Buster

Well-Known Hack Fraud
Feb 3, 2018
under your bed
I just learned that Gumball's current voice actor, Nicolas Cantu, is a YouTuber, and he's actually not bad at all! He has very good editing skills, he articulates his points extremely well for someone his age, and he has a good sense of humor.

Reactions: ProtoGentIsDead

Radical Buster

Well-Known Hack Fraud
Feb 3, 2018
under your bed
Just learned that Nicktoons Africa had a programming block called "Kick Ass Girls"

Yup, they really used that word. On a kids channel.
Either they didn't realize it wasn't a very kid-friendly word or they just didn't give a d*ng.

JoeMabbon

Ex-Decepticon Tyrant
Aug 8, 2014
Cybertron
South Park shilled for Magic: the Gathering in 1997. It's not even anything really funny or clever. Just a flat plug.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Some wishdom wriiten on my aula desk:

GIRLS = TIME x MONEY
TIME = MONEY
=> GIRLS = MONEY²
MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL
MONEY = sqrt(EVIL)
MONEY² = ± EVIL

Girls are ± evil.

ProtoGentIsDead

The Sprummer Expert.
Oct 8, 2017
Between NE and IA
I've learned that uber-talented production companies like Studio AKA, Psyop, and Golden Wolf did other projects for Gumball and DuckTales (2017).

Last edited:

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
You know that scene from Addams Family Values where Pugsley has trading cards depicting serial murderers? Today I learned they were actual cards -- it was a real product, and its publisher caught the attention of authorities who feared children would get ahold of the cards. It's the lead story on an Entertainment Tonight from June 16, 1992 -- the same week the Amy Fisher story broke, which now explains the gag that ends the scene.

And suddenly I have a good idea of exactly when the Addams Family Values script was written.

ProtoGentIsDead

The Sprummer Expert.
Oct 8, 2017
Between NE and IA
I learned that the Wow! Wow! Wubbzy songwriters did something for NPR as they approached. Always reminded me of Parry Gripp. :anime:

And how many NPR stations do I have?

2! I have KIOS at Omaha and at statewide Nebraska is to most NET/PBS stations on TV and Radio sets (mine is KYNE DT 26.3 via SAP, but without a local NET Radio station at my area).

pacman000

Jun 5, 2017
I saw them in Frys around then. They were popular with videophiles till other formats surpassed their quality.