"Hulk Versus" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment the "Hulk Versus" Feature

• Total voters

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
As Fone said, a good portion of PG-13 cartoons go further than a live action PG-13 film just for the heck of it.

Much like Marvel and DC Comics, cartoons have always and still do carry the stigmatism of being kids stuff. As a result, many adult cartoons overload on adult content just to prove their so called maturity.

In the case of this film, it's necessary as a way of showing how lethal Wolverine can be, but many animators who get the freedom to do a project for the older viewers just take the kind of plot you'd see in a kids show and fill it up with adult content (MTV Spider-Man episodes except the finale are a good example of this) rather than a series with genuine maturity (DCAU, Gargoyles and The Spectacular Spider-Man).

Anyway, if anyone has something else to say on the matter, PM me to discuss your opinion.
Yeah, PG-13 cartoons tend to go further than PG-13 live-action projects. In fact, a lot of them (Including Hulk Vs. Wolverine) would no doubt get R ratings if they weren't animated. I think BECAUSE of the stigma about cartoons being for kids that you mentioned the producers of these cartoons go overboard in trying to be "adult".

Frankly I'm a little annoyed Hulk Vs Wolverine and Batman: Gotham Knight didn't get R ratings as they are COMPLETELY innappropriate for kids and about ten times more violent than PG-13 live-action projects that parents DO find acceptable for older children. It also doesn't help that my local Target sells these movies in the Kids section. I mean you can complain about parents not reading the TEENY tiny warning label all you want but it's hard to expect parents to read the back of every "kid" DVD sitting next to Thomas the Tank Engine and Dora the Explorer. They have a kids section for a reason and if Marvel and DC TRULY believe these movies are for adults they should probably do a better job of selling them that way.

suss2it

Yeah, PG-13 cartoons tend to go further than PG-13 live-action projects. In fact, a lot of them (Including Hulk Vs. Wolverine) would no doubt get R ratings if they weren't animated. I think BECAUSE of the stigma about cartoons being for kids that you mentioned the producers of these cartoons go overboard in trying to be "adult".

Frankly I'm a little annoyed Hulk Vs Wolverine and Batman: Gotham Knight didn't get R ratings as they are COMPLETELY innappropriate for kids and about ten times more violent than PG-13 live-action projects that parents DO find acceptable for older children. It also doesn't help that my local Target sells these movies in the Kids section. I mean you can complain about parents not reading the TEENY tiny warning label all you want but it's hard to expect parents to read the back of every "kid" DVD sitting next to Thomas the Tank Engine and Dora the Explorer. They have a kids section for a reason and if Marvel and DC TRULY believe these movies are for adults they should probably do a better job of selling them that way.
DC & Marvel aren't the ones who put them on the retail shelves. That's up to the store where the DVDs go, not the production company.

sdp

miscrave
Thought I'd like it more based on what people saw but I still liked it. Dr. Strange is still my favorite.

Didn't really like how Hulk was portrayed too much either. Neither story has a very interesting plot, they are both pretty simple though Thors was a bit more complex at least in the end. Both were still fun to watch. Not a fan of Greek/Norse mythology in the DC/Marvel universes so I'm not a fan of Thor but I still managed to like it. Weapon X wasn't as interesting as it could have but the story was fun, Deadpool was funny but I also felt he could have been written better. I still enjoyed both stories though.

As far as the violence, I couldn't disagree more. It is true that when making "adult" cartoons they go overboard with blood/cursing however I rarely find it distracting. I certainly didn't feel it here. And as far as ratings go....an R? Thats stupid. PG-13 is too harsh already, there is nothing here that someone 8 years old can't handle. I hate when people over protect kids.

L

looneynate

I just watched both late night saturday with a couple of friends. Both were excellent but I loved the Hulk Vs. Wolverine better. The scene where the Hulk grabs the pillar with Wolverine cheering him on then Wolverine getting smacked with the pillar was hillarious.

I watched this with a couple of friends after some gaming this weekend, it was pretty late but we had plenty of Mountain dew Voltage, since I work for a marketing company which is doing the campaign for mountain dew and there is alot around the office. We watched these two movies as well as the new Wonder Woman and the Avengers flick that came out about a year ago.

I probably would not have made it through super hero marathon without the Voltage lol.

L

looneynate

Thanks for the reply.

Definitely a fun night. Great movies all. I especially liked the deadpool scenes in Hulk vs Wolverine.

Jed Raven

Bumpity-bump.

Finally am getting the chance to catch up with this, and have just watched the Hulk/Wolverine segment. One thing bothered me, in that there's a large amount of flickering on screen throughout, in the form of horizontal bars. It wasn't enough to ruin the film, but it was a distraction.

Now, I'm watching a Region 1 disc on a multi-region player, in the UK. I've never had trouble watching R1 DVDs before. Anybody else in my region had a similar problem with the disc? I don't want to have to return it all the way to the US if I don't have to.

Philmister978

Alvight, you vin
A question about the Hulk Vs. Wolverine cast

I'm watching the Hulk Vs. Wolverine portion of the film and I was wondering. Was there more then one actor doing additional voices in this segment?

I know that Brian Drummond was the only one credited. But I swore I heard Kirby Morrow, Steve Blum (aside from Woverine, that is) and A female voice do some additional characters (A soldier, General Ross *I'm guessing* and a female Helicoper Pilot respectively).

Anyone else notice this?

Trevor

A question about the Hulk Vs. Wolverine cast

I'm watching the Hulk Vs. Wolverine portion of the film and I was wondering. Was there more then one actor doing additional voices in this segment?

I know that Brian Drummond was the only one credited. But I swore I heard Kirby Morrow, Steve Blum (aside from Woverine, that is) and A female voice do some additional characters (A soldier, General Ross *I'm guessing* and a female Helicoper Pilot respectively).

Anyone else notice this?

Brian Drummond was maybe the only one credited because the rest of the "additional voices" were done by the main cast.

Trevor

Yeah, but it'd make sense to also give them additional voice credits too, wouldn't it?

But, really for the actors would it really give them anymore money than they are already making for the film and any reruns or home video releases? For the day/week it might make then an extra $5 or $10 dollars, but they probably wouldn't get anything or not enough to worry about for being credited as an extra.

Philmister978

Alvight, you vin
I Don't know, do Steven Blum and Nolan North really need "Guy who grunted in scene one" on their filmographies?

2 things:

1. North has done additional voices in the past (Chek out Dragon Age: Origins and the Revenge of the Fallen video games that can easily prove my point), ditto with Blum.

2. I don't believe that North did additional voices in the Wolverine segment.

But, really for the actors would it really give them anymore money than they are already making for the film and any reruns or home video releases? For the day/week it might make then an extra $5 or $10 dollars, but they probably wouldn't get anything or not enough to worry about for being credited as an extra.

That might be plausible, but I'm not getting the full grasp about what you're trying to say.

Trevor

2 things:

That might be plausible, but I'm not getting the full grasp about what you're trying to say.

If the actors are making, say $200,000, for their voice acting work, would another $5 or $10 dollars really be worth getting paid for "extra" parts? The actor might just ask the production to buy them a 24-pack of beer or soemthing else, that is relatively inexpensive and the actor would say that that covers it.

JTMarsh

Wing Commander
All this time later, I'm still bitter about how poorly the fight between Thor & Hulk was. I guess I should have gone in with lower expectations, considering the half-assed treatment Thor gets in these DTVs (remember how Thor got the Superman Returns treatment in 'Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow'?). I'm guessing the men who write these features, Craig Kyle & Chris Yost, either don't like Thor (the unrealistic answer) or simply don't understand him (the more likely answer). They're not doing Thor any favors by reducing him to being nothing but a punching bag for the Hulk trample. I don't care if it was a Bannerless Hulk, Thor getting his ass handed to him that badly is disrespectful to him and his fans. It doesn't make Thor interesting or sympathetic or lead one to believe that he's a complex or dynamic character, it just leaves people thinking "Thor is a useless putz who should hang up his hammer & get a job driving an ice cream truck."

Thor: Tales of Asgard doesn't look particularly good either judging by the teaser.

The idea of Craig Kyle being involved with the Thor movie Kenneth Branagh's directing doesn't fill me with confidence.

marvelman

Wolverine did cut off Deadpool's arm in like two chunks.

Unsanitized Marvel superhero animation = goodness.

My only regret is we can't see primetime animated shows like this. I long for something like Invasion America to happen again.

Whats invasion america.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts