• Enter to win two tickets to Howl's Moving Castle. Details here.

How will Cartoon Network celebrate their 25th Anniversary in October?

Latest News & Videos

Anthony Riley

Will October be full of every show Cartoon Network ever aired? I'm hoping they actually acknowledge that it's their 25th birthday and not actually ignore it like Nicktoons on May 1st of this year when they launched on May 1st, 2002. OK KO is premiering in 2 weeks on Cartoon Network, so hopefully, there will be another Cartoon Network renaissance in late August when Teen Titans Go announces it's cancellation, burns off it's last 24 episodes throughout the rest of this year and moves permanently to Boomerang.

JTOONSAnimation

I don't think Cartoon Network will be celebrating its 25th year but they might in 2022 for its 30th anniversary. Teen Titans Go! won't be ending soon and it wont be ending on Boomerang unless Cartoon Network gets tired of it, and that is VERY unlikely.

jaylop97

Staff member
At best the typical Teen Titans go Marathons will be their major source of celebration like right now. Though I still hold a 1 percent chance that they plan on doing anything more special.

PinkiePie97

Staff member
hopefully, there will be another Cartoon Network renaissance in late August when Teen Titans Go announces it's cancellation, burns off it's last 24 episodes throughout the rest of this year and moves permanently to Boomerang.
TTG isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It does well with kids.

RandomMe

Bloo
If they skipped their 15th, it seems that the 25th will be skipped as well. Because both the 15th and the 25th anniversaries of CN have fallen on dark ages (the first being the rise of Snyder and his Teletoon imports and the second being the lack of variety CN is facing today because most of the viewing audience has "migrated" to on-demand platforms).

JaredCap43™

Forever, Fight as One!
If you're wondering how Cartoon Network "celebrated their 15th anniversary", well, here's the schedule from that day.

6:00 A.M. - Transformers: Cybertron
6:30 A.M. - Pokemon (Indigo League or one of the older seasons if I'm not mistaken)
7:00 A.M. - Ed, Edd, n' Eddy
7:30 A.M. - My Gym Partner's A Monkey
8:00 A.M. - Camp Lazlo
8:30 A.M. - Tom and Jerry
9:00 A.M. - A Pup Named Scooby-Doo (1 hour)
10:00 A.M. - The New Scooby Movies (I'm surprised to see that on Cartoon Network in 2007)
11:00 A.M. - Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? (1 hour)
12:00 P.M. - What's New, Scooby-Doo? (1 hour)
1:00 P.M. - Tom and Jerry (again)
2:00 P.M. - Xiaolin Showdown (1 hour)
3:00 P.M. - Teen Titans
3:30 P.M. - Ben 10
Master Control (4:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M.)
4:00 P.M. - Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
4:30 P.M. - The Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy
5:00 P.M. - Camp Lazlo (again)
5:30 P.M. - Out Of Jimmy's Head
6:00 P.M. - The Haunting Hour: Don't Think About It ("The 2 Haunting Hours" is more like it)
8:00 P.M. - Goosebumps (1 hour, I sometimes forget that they aired it)
9:00 The Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy (again)
9:30 My Gym Partner's A Monkey (again)
10:00 Courage The Cowardly Dog
10:30 Naruto

It looks like they dedicated it to horror shows (Scooby Doo, Goosebumps, Courage, Billy and Mandy, Scary Movies, etc.).
Source: http://cnschedules.blogspot.com/2008/11/10107-10707.html

RandomMe

Bloo
It was practically at the start of their Halloween season, they invested a lot in that, however by the time of their 20th it was another story.

moose_tracks12

I personally don't think they will celebrate it. Though if they do, I assume it's going to be just like the 20th anniversary one in 2012 where they aired a variety of old and new shows on Saturdays and Sundays throughout October. But overall, I don't think a 25th anniversary celebration will happen. Maybe on their social media accounts they'll post clips and theme songs of old CN shows to celebrate, but I don't think anything will happen on television.

As for hoping that TTG will announce it's cancellation, that's not going to happen anytime in the near future and you bringing up your hatred for the show doesn't really have anything to do with your topic of a possible 25th anniversary celebration. Just saying.

Last edited:

Action!

I don't think they would celebrate their 25th anniversary. And for those who want TTG to be cancelled, it won't be anytime soon due to kids loving this show.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
I don't think they would celebrate their 25th anniversary. And for those who want TTG to be cancelled, it won't be anytime soon due to kids loving this show.
If I were to guess, I think much of these people are just in denial that the kids even do watch it, let alone enjoy it to that extent.

They might do some celebrating in terms of their social media and app. I mean, On Demand already has a few classic shows on there, so they could easily go all out if they wanted to.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon analyst, PPG artist.
I'm pretty sure it will go down like this:
"It's Cartoon Network's 25th Anniversary, and to celebrate, we're throwing a 24/7 Teen Titans GO! marathon! Yeah, that's right, we're doing this instead of airing any crappy shows from Hanna-Barbera, or any of our crappy shows, because Teen Titans GO! is the only show we like! Character development? What the crap is that?" And then afterwards, they write off all of their other non-TTG shows, including [adult swim] shows, for taxes.

Anthony Riley

I'm pretty sure it will go down like this:
"It's Cartoon Network's 25th Anniversary, and to celebrate, we're throwing a 24/7 Teen Titans GO! marathon! Yeah, that's right, we're doing this instead of airing any crappy shows from Hanna-Barbera, or any of our crappy shows, because Teen Titans GO! is the only show we like! Character development? What the crap is that?" And then afterwards, they write off all of their other non-TTG shows, including [adult swim] shows, for taxes.
So... Cartoon Network becomes Teen Titans Go Network this October? Plus, Toonami dies again? Unbelievable Absolute Madness!

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Disney and FOX are now one. Yay...
The Disney-FOX deal is an April Fool's Day prank gone real.
Disney officially owns 21st Century Fox as of today. The 4,000 laid off employees from both companies must be feeling so dang ecstatic right now.
I kinda like Phil Collins and am not afraid to say so!! (don't tell anyone)
Seriously, why can't Boomerang switch back to their original brand and air classic cartoons again?