How will a CBS/Viacom merger affect Nickelodeon's animation output?

JTOONSAnimation

Nickelodeon could make Nicktoons for CBS All Access as well as shows from Nickelodeon being streamed on the service.

We'll also have to wait and see closer to the end of the merger, like with the Disney/Fox deal and AT&T/Time Warner deal, there will be some company restructuring and people in there current positions at Nickelodeon's businesses can change. So only the future will tell what happens to Nickelodeon's animation.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
If anything it means more Nick shows, not necessarily animated, based on CBS properties.

SG-17

Will this mean that the upcoming Star Trek animated series will be considered a Nicktoon?

Corwin Haught

Will this mean that the upcoming Star Trek animated series will be considered a Nicktoon?

Not initally, since will it probably begin airing before any such deal is completed. If it goes on, it might become a Nicktoon.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
I don't think there'll be much difference. When Viacom and CBS were joined, the only thing that was different was the Nick on CBS block.

glennbyrnes

I predict three things to result from it.

1. Nickelodeon will produce The New Terrytoons (Mighty Mouse, Heckyl and Jeckle, Deputy Dawg, etc.).

2. Warner Media will buy out CBS' half of the CW.

3. Paramount Pictures will go back to Showtime once its contract with Epix expires.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I predict three things to result from it.

1. Nickelodeon will produce The New Terrytoons (Mighty Mouse, Heckyl and Jeckle, Deputy Dawg, etc.).

2. Warner Media will buy out CBS' half of the CW.

3. Paramount Pictures will go back to Showtime once its contract with Epix expires.
I've wanted a new Mighty Mouse cartoon for ages. It's hard to believe the last one was the Bakshi version.

Pahiy

It feels weird saying ViacomCBS (bad name for a company which we will get used to unless they change the name before the merger.) And that it will be officially official when the merger is approved by regulators.

And getting back to the topic on how this will affect the output of animation at Nick, I'm not sure what else they will be doing besides the Star Trek animated series as all I can think of is them another attempt with the TerryToons as they were going to do back in the late '90s/early '00s.

TheCartoonRailfan

Where's my senior discount?
Regarding the merger, there is the potential for Nick on CBS coming back. Unfortunately, with the FCC mandating that all shows must be educational, it would probably be all Nick Jr. shows and no Nicktoons.

TheFZAtUGSOnline

Then. Now. Forever.
I don't think there'll be much difference. When Viacom and CBS were joined, the only thing that was different was the Nick on CBS block.
We might get that back somehow in the near future... probably in the form of a new version of Nick Jr. on CBS... (to comply with the E/I standards) Dora reruns on CBS anyone?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts