How will a CBS/Viacom merger affect Nickelodeon's animation output?

ATSFGuy

Darn, almost had it

A majority think after that date is when Nickelodeon and Nicktoons Network began to slide downhill.

JTOONSAnimation

Nickelodeon could make Nicktoons for CBS All Access as well as shows from Nickelodeon being streamed on the service.

We'll also have to wait and see closer to the end of the merger, like with the Disney/Fox deal and AT&T/Time Warner deal, there will be some company restructuring and people in there current positions at Nickelodeon's businesses can change. So only the future will tell what happens to Nickelodeon's animation.

PF9

If anything it means more Nick shows, not necessarily animated, based on CBS properties.

SG-17

Will this mean that the upcoming Star Trek animated series will be considered a Nicktoon?

Ghostbuster

Inside No. 9
I don't think there'll be much difference. When Viacom and CBS were joined, the only thing that was different was the Nick on CBS block.

glennbyrnes

I predict three things to result from it.

1. Nickelodeon will produce The New Terrytoons (Mighty Mouse, Heckyl and Jeckle, Deputy Dawg, etc.).

2. Warner Media will buy out CBS' half of the CW.

3. Paramount Pictures will go back to Showtime once its contract with Epix expires.

Fone Bone

Hindsight 2020!
I predict three things to result from it.

1. Nickelodeon will produce The New Terrytoons (Mighty Mouse, Heckyl and Jeckle, Deputy Dawg, etc.).

2. Warner Media will buy out CBS' half of the CW.

3. Paramount Pictures will go back to Showtime once its contract with Epix expires.
I've wanted a new Mighty Mouse cartoon for ages. It's hard to believe the last one was the Bakshi version.

Pahiy

It feels weird saying ViacomCBS (bad name for a company which we will get used to unless they change the name before the merger.) And that it will be officially official when the merger is approved by regulators.

And getting back to the topic on how this will affect the output of animation at Nick, I'm not sure what else they will be doing besides the Star Trek animated series as all I can think of is them another attempt with the TerryToons as they were going to do back in the late '90s/early '00s.

TheCartoonRailfan

Riding the Rails
Regarding the merger, there is the potential for Nick on CBS coming back. Unfortunately, with the FCC mandating that all shows must be educational, it would probably be all Nick Jr. shows and no Nicktoons.

TheFZAtUGSOnline

Then. Now. Forever.
I don't think there'll be much difference. When Viacom and CBS were joined, the only thing that was different was the Nick on CBS block.
We might get that back somehow in the near future... probably in the form of a new version of Nick Jr. on CBS... (to comply with the E/I standards) Dora reruns on CBS anyone?

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Last Thursday night unleashed features Marshall character from paw patrol
The animated special, Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer turns 20 Years Old Today.
October 31, 2005 marked the day that James Arnold Taylor adopted a young Chinese girl named Lydia Rose Taylor, who was 8 months old. Today is the 15th anniversary of her adoption. Talk about sweet.

Happy Halloween, everyone!