How will a CBS/Viacom merger affect Nickelodeon's animation output?

Latest News & Videos

JTOONSAnimation

Jul 24, 2016
Nickelodeon could make Nicktoons for CBS All Access as well as shows from Nickelodeon being streamed on the service.

We'll also have to wait and see closer to the end of the merger, like with the Disney/Fox deal and AT&T/Time Warner deal, there will be some company restructuring and people in there current positions at Nickelodeon's businesses can change. So only the future will tell what happens to Nickelodeon's animation.

Reactions: Pahiy

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ohio
If anything it means more Nick shows, not necessarily animated, based on CBS properties.

Ghostbuster

Inside No. 9
Oct 23, 2015
London, UK
I don't think there'll be much difference. When Viacom and CBS were joined, the only thing that was different was the Nick on CBS block.

Reactions: Pahiy

glennbyrnes

Jul 30, 2018
SYLMAR
I predict three things to result from it.

1. Nickelodeon will produce The New Terrytoons (Mighty Mouse, Heckyl and Jeckle, Deputy Dawg, etc.).

2. Warner Media will buy out CBS' half of the CW.

3. Paramount Pictures will go back to Showtime once its contract with Epix expires.

Reactions: Pahiy and Fone Bone

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I predict three things to result from it.

1. Nickelodeon will produce The New Terrytoons (Mighty Mouse, Heckyl and Jeckle, Deputy Dawg, etc.).

2. Warner Media will buy out CBS' half of the CW.

3. Paramount Pictures will go back to Showtime once its contract with Epix expires.
I've wanted a new Mighty Mouse cartoon for ages. It's hard to believe the last one was the Bakshi version.

Pahiy

May 11, 2018
It feels weird saying ViacomCBS (bad name for a company which we will get used to unless they change the name before the merger.) And that it will be officially official when the merger is approved by regulators.

And getting back to the topic on how this will affect the output of animation at Nick, I'm not sure what else they will be doing besides the Star Trek animated series as all I can think of is them another attempt with the TerryToons as they were going to do back in the late '90s/early '00s.

TheCartoonRailfan

Riding the Rails
Aug 12, 2019
Florida
Regarding the merger, there is the potential for Nick on CBS coming back. Unfortunately, with the FCC mandating that all shows must be educational, it would probably be all Nick Jr. shows and no Nicktoons.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Apparently, Suite Life and Phineas and Ferb were on Jetix USA: Saturday Kids TV schedules

If Spider-Man says wear a mask, then wear it.
Tenchi Muyo! debuted on old Toonami 20 years ago today. Love still stinks.
Apparently when GOTJ 2007 started production in 2004, one of the episodes was going to involve Ape being kidnapped for a fast-food restaurant chain - a modern take on the classic series that was failed by the end result.