"How We Would Revive Animaniacs" Talkback

Latest News & Videos

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
Ratings
www.youtube.com
Since Peters was a big part of those cartoons, they would have to find her again to make new ones...any idea where she's hiding?
Starting this weekend, she'll star in the current Broadway revival of Hello, Dolly!
I also managed to track her whereabouts before that: Since 2014, she had a recurring role in an Amazon series titled, Mozart in the Jungle, which I haven't seen myself.

Last edited:

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
797 6
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
Starting this weekend, she'll star in the current Broadway revival of Hello, Dolly!
I also managed to track her whereabouts before that: Since 2014, she had a recurring role in an Amazon series titled, Mozart in the Jungle, which I haven't seen myself.
OK, updated with the correct information.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
I feel that in this day and age they'd definitely go for the route of topical humor. The same with Bullwinkle, which has a similar edge.

And I definitely agree that streaming is the new first-run syndication, only the market is now infinite times as big and you can even take it with you wherever you go. A shame Hulu will probably never make it to Canada even by the time the revival comes along, but it's two years from now so anything can happen. (It could show up on Crave TV or something)

Jun 5, 2017
Ratings
My goodness... I'd forgotten about most of those segments. Thank You. :)

I actually liked both the candle and the golden paper cartoon. Don't know what else you could do with a scrap of paper, but there are still other great works the candle could witness. Perhaps a Christmas toon where he (she?) witnesses some great holiday story being written? I don't know if that would work; it's been a long time since I've seen these.

Jan 16, 2018
West Springfeild
Hmm... Mindy and Buttons has been done to death, no one likes Katie Ka-Boom, Elmyra's probably gonna be a thing.

*ding!*

Time for Timeskip, A now Teenage Mindy has to put up with a little sister who's pretty much a carbon copy of herself from when she was too young to recognise her mother as anything other than 'Lady' to the point where she ends up having to rescue her hiney with Buttons half the time. Katie is the alpha ***** of her group and provides to the danger with Elmyra being Mindy's innocent best friend. Providing a Betty Finn and Veronica Sawyer dynamic to their relationship.

Nov 14, 2017
Ratings
So just me liking Katie Kaboom, huh? I think it could work with modern teenage girls- lots to work with there. I think Goodfeathers could work as well. There have been enough crime dramas since then that they could take on.

I'd like to see them rely less on the Warners and Pinky and the Brain, and more on the other segments. My favorite episodes were actually the ones with the shorter Warners bits. Agree on the rest of the segments though.

twilicorn

Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
Hmm... Mindy and Buttons has been done to death, no one likes Katie Ka-Boom, Elmyra's probably gonna be a thing.

*ding!*

Time for Timeskip, A now Teenage Mindy has to put up with a little sister who's pretty much a carbon copy of herself from when she was too young to recognise her mother as anything other than 'Lady' to the point where she ends up having to rescue her hiney with Buttons half the time. Katie is the alpha ***** of her group and provides to the danger with Elmyra being Mindy's innocent best friend. Providing a Betty Finn and Veronica Sawyer dynamic to their relationship.
I can totally see some characters being aged up!

Aug 21, 2010
Ratings
Great Meadows, NJ
Here's my take:

Warners vs. (insert annoying issue/person/thing here)? Yep. I'd love to see them try to take down Trump and his cronies- they'd be whacking them with mallets until Muller busts in. And them vs. Ajit Paidoff, hopefully giving his smug face a well-deserved punch.

Pinky and Brain never get tired. They're in.

Hell yes on the Freakazoid idea. If possible, maybe focus a bit more on the Dexter-Freakazoid partnership, explore it a bit more; Dex was underutilized in my opinion, though his stereotypical family needs to be jettisoned. Maybe an aged up Dex as some sort of mid-30s guy who uses Freak as his vent towards everyday issues?

Good Idea Bad Idea is a definite yes.

More one-shots would help make things more unpredictable, get the creative juices really flowing.

And Jon McClenahan is a no-brainer.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
Ratings
2,800 29
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
It sounds like it’ll mostly just be Animanaics and Pinky and the Brain. But i hope not since I want Slappy Squirrel to return.

Anyway, I want them to acknowledge how much they missed since they missed since their show ended, and that they take time covering as much as they can. Make fun of celebrities, social media, YouTube stars, politicians, iPhones, video games, and especially other animated cartoons, like anime, Adventure Time, CG animation, Frozen, Despicable Me, and Spongebob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
Ratings
www.youtube.com
I'd ask if they could get away with making fun of other Hulu shows, but I don't know if Hulu has any worth making fun of - especially with the controversy that ensued after The Emoji Movie put out an ad evoking The Handmaid's Tale.

Sep 1, 2014
Ratings
Aww, I see that you didn't even consider Charlton Woodchuck as an option.

Obviously he's not coming back. Though I find him curious because presumably he was an aborted attempt at a new segment that never got further than its pilot arc. I kind of want to know what else they might have done with him.

Funky Al

I ate the WHOLE PLATE!
Aug 22, 2009
Denver
In my version of the show it is repeatedly established yakko warner wears pants in order to hide his nether region

Also, this happens

Last edited by a moderator:

twilicorn

Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
I'd ask if they could get away with making fun of other Hulu shows, but I don't know if Hulu has any worth making fun of - especially with the controversy that ensued after The Emoji Movie put out an ad evoking The Handmaid's Tale.
I can see a Handmaid's Tale parody episode, as long as they, y'know, keep it tasteful (especially after the aforementioned Emoji Movie fiasco). But Hulu seems to have been moving away from comedy as of late, so maybe they'll have no choice but to spoof the dramatic fare.

Feb 19, 2017
Ratings
The Handmaid's Tale doesn't seems like a appropiate subject matter for parody, specially for a kid-friendly cartoon,:).
Anyway I hope they stay mostly apolitical, making fun of half a country political leanings isn't a good tactic, the old writers and directors were wise enough to cancel that Newt Gingrich song they had planned.
I also prefer they kept the slapstick violence at the same level, and don't make them more sadistic and spiteful(like in the show's bible) Unfortunately that seems to be in vogue now.
But to be brunt, I don't see the point of these reboots and remakes, all those shows had enough episodes. Why not create new characters instead?

Last edited:

twilicorn

Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
Maybe they'll officially announce it sometime next year? It's supposed to come out in 2020. I feel like it's gonna be something like the Rocky and Bullwinkle reboot, dismissed by critics but adored by fans.