How was Invader Zim treated when it was on Nick?

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I know Invader Zim got quickly screwed by Nick but since then it’s got a ton of merchandise and is among the most popular Nicktoons. I never watched Zim during its initial run. It wasn’t until 2005 when I saw reruns on Nicktoons. I assume that Nicktoons aired it a lot more often than on the main Nick

I’m curious on how the show was treated when it aired on Nicks main network. How often was it advertised and shown?

ToonJay723

Staff member
I remember seeing it on air as much as other Nicktoons back in '01 and '02. Don't recall when they stopped airing reruns.

It was treated basically the same as any other new Nicktoon of its era. Friday night premieres and at least one rerun over the weekend if I remember right. It got yanked pretty quickly after it was cancelled but nothing compared to the shaft that most new Nicktoons get these days.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts