How To Build a Marvel Animated Universe.

brodie999

If I were to give advice to Jeph Loeb and Man of Action on how to build a much better Marvel Universe block, It would be all of these things.

-Have far more characters from the Marvel Universe appear in the series.

-Have more continuity and less comedy in their shows.

-Rely less on Disney stars to voice some of the characters, allowing voice actors and minor celebrities to voice some characters.

-Having Ultimate Spider-Man rely less on team-ups and focusing more on Peter dealing with a deal while facing several rogues directly connected to his mythos and have his personality more closer to the comics, even removing the fourth-wall breaking scenes.

-Gwen Stacy should have had a larger role in Ultimate as a close friend to Peter and MJ as well as Harry's love interest.

-Have villains in Ultimate more personality closer to the comics and not reimagined to be dependant on a team-up element.

-Scrap the infamous crossover with Jessie.

-Have the Marvel Animation Universe be less dependant of the MCU and try to be its own thing.

-Opt to create another Fantastic Four and X-Men series instead of a Guardians of the Galaxy one.

-Scrap the Spider-Verse event altogether.

-Do not endlessly redesign characters to be more closer to their MCU portrayals.

-Do Not repeat stories in subsequent episodes or have filter stories that make no sense.

How would you feel if Jeph Loeb and Man of Action did all of these things for the fans?

TheLemsterPju

This is why I left these forums. Too much focus on the negatives and dwelling too much on the past.

Who. Freaking. Cares. There won't be another "animated universe", especially not one that appeals to everyone. Don't fight it.

You even have this petition in your signature that even asks, urges, the firing and replacing of someone which you have no authority over. And you don't get called out. But me, who defends what I like, gets called out. A lot. That's an issue, and one I won't tolerate.

And no, it's not about having a different opinion, it's about not moving on and accepting change. Thus, in relation to that, I've moved on from here.

Last edited:

bigdaddy313

This is why I left these forums. Too much focus on the negatives and dwelling too much on the past.

Who. Freaking. Cares. There won't be another "animated universe", especially not one that appeals to everyone. Don't fight it.

You even have this petition in your signature that even asks, urges, the firing and replacing of someone which you have no authority over. And you don't get called out. But me, who defends what I like, gets called out. A lot. That's an issue, and one I won't tolerate.

And no, it's not about having a different opinion, it's about not moving on and accepting change. Thus, in relation to that, I've moved on from here.
Long time no see where in blue blesses have you being? You disappeared, glad to see u r alive

bigdaddy313

If I were to give advice to Jeph Loeb and Man of Action on how to build a much better Marvel Universe block, It would be all of these things.

-Have far more characters from the Marvel Universe appear in the series.

-Have more continuity and less comedy in their shows.

-Rely less on Disney stars to voice some of the characters, allowing voice actors and minor celebrities to voice some characters.

-Having Ultimate Spider-Man rely less on team-ups and focusing more on Peter dealing with a deal while facing several rogues directly connected to his mythos and have his personality more closer to the comics, even removing the fourth-wall breaking scenes.

-Gwen Stacy should have had a larger role in Ultimate as a close friend to Peter and MJ as well as Harry's love interest.

-Have villains in Ultimate more personality closer to the comics and not reimagined to be dependant on a team-up element.

-Scrap the infamous crossover with Jessie.

-Have the Marvel Animation Universe be less dependant of the MCU and try to be its own thing.

-Opt to create another Fantastic Four and X-Men series instead of a Guardians of the Galaxy one.

-Scrap the Spider-Verse event altogether.

-Do not endlessly redesign characters to be more closer to their MCU portrayals.

-Do Not repeat stories in subsequent episodes or have filter stories that make no sense.

How would you feel if Jeph Loeb and Man of Action did all of these things for the fans?
Here is the simple fact, all this sounds better and all but this shows where designed for one simple purpose only and that was to sell toys and nothing more.

So in their minds they didn't need great story telling, the didn't need to be more like the comics, even if Ultimate Spider-Man comic would have being extremely good for an animated series but that's not what's important to them.

They basically wanted to bring back the 80's style of action animated content which was make cartoons to sell toys.

I mean there is no coincidence that Hulk and the Agents of Smash, Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble have the same tropes as GI Joe, Transformers, Visionaries, the Centurions, the 80's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and so much more.

AA = The Avenge Jet, each avenger including Hulk was in a robotic suit twice (Hulk once) = Toy sets.

HASM = each character have rocket boards, weapons and a jet that also splits = Heavy toy sets.

US = one time jet pack, advanced web shooters, Spider cycle and the introduction of the new S.H.I.E.l.D Helicarrier that can, guess what? Split = Loads of toy sets.

It just the way it was, company restructure, which is what is happening now as well so we will see how it is, the next decade or two by the grace of God.

brodie999

Here is the simple fact, all this sounds better and all but this shows where designed for one simple purpose only and that was to sell toys and nothing more.

So in their minds they didn't need great story telling, the didn't need to be more like the comics, even if Ultimate Spider-Man comic would have being extremely good for an animated series but that's not what's important to them.

They basically wanted to bring back the 80's style of action animated content which was make cartoons to sell toys.

I mean there is no coincidence that Hulk and the Agents of Smash, Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble have the same tropes as GI Joe, Transformers, Visionaries, the Centurions, the 80's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and so much more.

AA = The Avenge Jet, each avenger including Hulk was in a robotic suit twice (Hulk once) = Toy sets.

HASM = each character have rocket boards, weapons and a jet that also splits = Heavy toy sets.

US = one time jet pack, advanced web shooters, Spider cycle and the introduction of the new S.H.I.E.l.D Helicarrier that can, guess what? Split = Loads of toy sets.

It just the way it was, company restructure, which is what is happening now as well so we will see how it is, the next decade or two by the grace of God.
Then would they be better if they removed these things?

HASM = Remove all the toilet humour and the cut-away interviews with the Agents of SMASH. Also, I'd have them turn back to human instead of being monsters 24/7, have Skaar less of a joke character and actually make A-Bomb funny.

AA = Have Scarlet Witch as a second female member and all of the characters act as their own character. Also, avoid having cliches and tropes in every episode.

USM = Have the series more faithful to the comics it was based on. Also, I'd make a few characters like Nova and Nick Fury more likeable and have more proper humour and well-done dramatic moments. Also, I'd avoid making Spider-Man flanderized in Ultimate Spider-Man.

All of these are what made the shows terrible. And they could've been done better if they didn't create them just to sell toys.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Then would they be better if they removed these things?

HASM = Remove all the toilet humour and the cut-away interviews with the Agents of SMASH. Also, I'd have them turn back to human instead of being monsters 24/7, have Skaar less of a joke character and actually make A-Bomb funny.

AA = Have Scarlet Witch as a second female member and all of the characters act as their own character. Also, avoid having cliches and tropes in every episode.

USM = Have the series more faithful to the comics it was based on. Also, I'd make a few characters like Nova and Nick Fury more likeable and have more proper humour and well-done dramatic moments. Also, I'd avoid making Spider-Man flanderized in Ultimate Spider-Man.

All of these are what made the shows terrible. And they could've been done better if they didn't create them just to sell toys.
What about GOTG?

brodie999

What about GOTG?
GOTG = Have more members from the comics like Mantis, Adam Warlock, Phyla-Vell, Sam Alexander and Bug join the team instead of sticking to the usual 5-member roster from the 2014 movie, have Star-Lord as a more intelligent and effective leader. Also, have more stunning animation and take place in the continuity of the USM-AA-HATAOS universe and introduce more comic book characters in each season.

Spider-Man(2017):Characters should remain and be designed more faithful to their original comic counterparts and have the rebooted Peter Parker in the same flavour as the character from Civil War and Homecoming. Have more memorable villains and take its time to develop the Spider-Verse slowly. And most importantly, do the serious plots of Spectacular Spider-Man right. Also, they should've released the second half Season 2 after the mid-season finale sooner.

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
GOTG = Have more members from the comics like Mantis, Adam Warlock, Phyla-Vell, Sam Alexander and Bug join the team instead of sticking to the usual 5-member roster from the 2014 movie, have Star-Lord as a more intelligent and effective leader. Also, have more stunning animation and take place in the continuity of the USM-AA-HATAOS universe and introduce more comic book characters in each season.
Why not bring in Richard Rider as Nova for said team instead of Sam Alexander?

brodie999

10/11/2020:
Why not bring in Richard Rider as Nova for said team instead of Sam Alexander?
That's actually a good idea. I'd have Richard Rider join the team while Sam Alexander would appear as part of the Nova Corps. Thanks for the advice.

11/28:
And do you know what else I'd change about the MAU?

-Have more clever, actual dialogue and jokes instead of the unfunny repeating lines characters make.

- Explain things more for the characters to actually have motives in the series.

- Develop the characters more effectively and prominently, so that episodes do not repeat the same lesson they teach us.

12/06:
-Remove the entire premise of the Hulks attempting to prove to the world that they're not monsters and have the plot of Hulk forming the Agents of SMASH to fight villains while on the run from the authorities in HATAOS.

-Make USM more like Batman: TBATB where Spidey and his team team-up with obscure and well-known heroes from the Marvel Universe.

-Do not ban the Fantastic Four or X-Men(or Namor) from video games or their cartoons.

-Add more members and sub-teams to the Avengers in Avengers Assemble over time.

-Have more obscure Marvel heroes from the comics appear in AA, HATAOS and GOTG instead of just promoting the ones who appeared in the MCU.

-Not only have a more narrative storyline, but also have arcs and sequel episodes that take places after one another.

-Have more Mature Themes in their shows like death, more disturbing backstories for characters, war, change, more horrifying bad future/alternate universe timeline episodes, darker and more insane villains, fear of superheroes, heroes turning against each other, ethical experiments, bad dream episodes, terriost attacks and superheroes being framed for crimes they didn't commit or doing questionable actions.

03/20/2021:
And one more thing.

-Make Season 2 of AEMH what it was supposed to be with the actual Emperor Doom, Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye leading the heroes in Powerless, the Code Red 2-parter arc, the Josh Keaton dubs, the 3-parter Galactus saga and Sentry plans still intact.

-Have more emotional stories that resonate with adults and teenagers.\

-Give better voice direction and chemistry with all of the voice actors still playing the characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts