How should Ghost Rider be handled in animation?

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
How should Ghost Rider be handled in animation? I know I have asked questions like this before, but I do think they are interesting and different for each character I talk about.

Ghost Rider is another, not a super kid-friendly franchise, with Johnny Blaze selling his soul to the devil (Mephisto) to save his father figure, Crash Simpson, from cancer by making a deal with the Devil, only to be betrayed, Crash dying soon after his cancer is cured and Blaze forced to be Mespistso's errand boy, the Ghost Rider.

So already he got selling his soul to a demon and his father figure dying and his villains are not the most pleasant bunch either. You got demons like Mespistso, Blackheart and Deathwatch, hitmen like Blackout, serial killers like Scarecrow (yes there is a Marvel Scarecrow).

Frontier

Staff member
I think it's been shown that he works well as a guest star, but I'd like to see animation dive more into the human host then we've seen in the past.

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I think it's been shown that he works well as a guest star, but I'd like to see animation dive more into the human host then we've seen in the past.

I think the thing with those guest spots is they showed Ghost Rider, but did not delve into his backstory or have any his villains show up, they mainly focused on the visuals, the powers and is more willing to kill or punish villains than other heroes. The more you delve into his backstory, the less kid-friendly he becomes.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Easy. Have either Robbie or Danny appear in a guest role for a Young Avengers animated series and have Johnny his own animated series on Hulu, given said themes may not be suitable for Disney+'s target audience.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts