How should Ghost Rider be handled in animation?

Latest News & Videos

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
How should Ghost Rider be handled in animation? I know I have asked questions like this before, but I do think they are interesting and different for each character I talk about.

Ghost Rider is another, not a super kid-friendly franchise, with Johnny Blaze selling his soul to the devil (Mephisto) to save his father figure, Crash Simpson, from cancer by making a deal with the Devil, only to be betrayed, Crash dying soon after his cancer is cured and Blaze forced to be Mespistso's errand boy, the Ghost Rider.

So already he got selling his soul to a demon and his father figure dying and his villains are not the most pleasant bunch either. You got demons like Mespistso, Blackheart and Deathwatch, hitmen like Blackout, serial killers like Scarecrow (yes there is a Marvel Scarecrow).

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I think it's been shown that he works well as a guest star, but I'd like to see animation dive more into the human host then we've seen in the past.

Reactions: Freddy

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
I think it's been shown that he works well as a guest star, but I'd like to see animation dive more into the human host then we've seen in the past.
I think the thing with those guest spots is they showed Ghost Rider, but did not delve into his backstory or have any his villains show up, they mainly focused on the visuals, the powers and is more willing to kill or punish villains than other heroes. The more you delve into his backstory, the less kid-friendly he becomes.