How do you think the major channels and streaming sites handled their animated content in 2020?

The Overlord

So this is similar but different from some of to some of my other animated 2020 threads. How do you think the major channels and streaming sites handled their animated content in 2020? This can cover Cartoon Network, Disney,Nickelodeon, Netflix and anything else and you can talk about what they have done right and wrong in terms of animation this past year.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
So...Discovery threw in the towel with their streaming debut today.
As for 2020 in a nutshell:
  • Discovery Family = new MLP (which was a web series)
  • Disney had one new show per channel. They essentially implied the end of their best shows. Disney Plus's fanfare for animated content boiled down to yay, more Clone Wars until about near the end of 2020 when they finally added new Rudish Mickey Mouse.
  • Nick became the comeback kid's network as far as the new shows they had. Sadly, Glitch Techs (which is technically a Netflix Original) has been put to bed from further production...I think. Paramount Plus, formerly CBS All Access, had the first Star Trek toon in decades and this time it's TV-MA.
  • Netflix had their ongoing shows, but new original content was not as noteworthy. They did also have a show that aired its full series run within the same year. I wish the writing on War for Cybertron and Blood of Zeus were better.
  • CN also premiered a show that started and ended the same year. Steven Universe Future lasted a few more months into 2020. The rest of their productions went straight to HBO Max and that's been the highlight as far as new original content released in 2020 for the western market.
  • For the eastern market, Crunchyroll swooped in and dethroned whatever it is Netflix is attempting with anime. They did some good new shows.
  • Hulu released two new adult sitcoms this past year. One of the two is good.
  • Amazon Prime had one new preschool show.
  • Fox had one new adult sitcom.
  • SyFy did their own version of ADHD -> TZGZ
  • Adult Swim had 3 new adult sitcoms. Two of which are good. They also had a lot of ongoing originals airing new episodes.
  • Oh and uh, Xumo feels like a weird cousin to Pluto TV

Last edited:
Reactions: RDG

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
So...Discovery threw in the towel with their streaming debut today.
As for 2020 in a nutshell:
  • Discovery Family = new MLP (which was a web series)
  • Disney had one new show per channel. They essentially implied the end of their best shows. Disney Plus's fanfare for animated content boiled down to yay, more Clone Wars until about near the end of 2020 when they finally added new Rudish Mickey Mouse.
  • Nick became the comeback kid's network as far as the new shows they had. Sadly, Glitch Techs (which is technically a Netflix Original) have been put to bed from further production. Paramount Plus, formerly CBS All Access, had the first Star Trek toon in decades and this time it's TV-MA.
  • Netflix had their ongoing shows, but new original content was not as noteworthy. They did also have a show that aired its full series run within the same year. I wish the writing on War for Cybertron and Blood of Zeus were better.
  • CN also premiered a show that started and ended the same year. Steven Universe Future lasted a few more months into 2020. The rest of their productions went straight to HBO Max and that's been the highlight as far as new original content released in 2020 for the western market.
  • For the eastern market, Crunchyroll swooped in and dethroned whatever it is Netflix is attempting with anime. They did some good new shows.
  • Hulu released two new adult sitcoms this past year. One of the two is good.
  • Amazon Prime had one new preschool show.
  • Fox had one new adult sitcom.
  • SyFy did their own version of ADHD -> TZGZ
  • Adult Swim had 3 new adult sitcoms. Two of which are good. They also had a lot of ongoing originals airing new episodes.
  • Oh and uh, Xumo feels like a weird cousin to Pluto TV
1. How do you know Glitch Techs is cancelled? 2. I agree with everything else

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

YOU GUYS!! I was on a Twitch stream with Jordan Todosey (the voice of Willa on Willa's Wild Life) and sent that "Sound Good To You?" video through her Discord server AND YOU ARE NOT GONNA BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED OMG-- And she even tried to do Willa's voice too in the process!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED Y'ALL OMG-
The clip:
I found this tweet from Tom Warburton from April. Why I only discovered it now is a mystery. In any case, the show didn't win the Annie Awards for preschool programming, but here's the acceptance speech for what would have happened if the show did win.

Say NO to Hungary's anti-LGBT law!
My name is Luca, I live on the ocean floor....
The Hungarian anti-LGBT law has sadly passed by the government! And Portugal beaten us 0-3.
Today's addition in Palk Áron 2002's Arts is about Bloo having both feelings.

Featured Posts