How did you like IDW Sonic the Hedgehog issue #1?

Latest News

dth1971

Sep 19, 2003
Ratings
41 1
Inverness, IL
Did you get your copy of IDW Sonic the Hedgehog #1 as of yet? If so, what did you think of it? Does it hold a candle of the past of the 1992-2017 Archie Sonic comic run?

I know the Freedom Fighters (Sally Acorn included) won't be a part of the comic until at least early 2019, but you'll never know...

2-D chirox

Jan 23, 2016
Ratings
171 3
I haven't much of the archie series. Given how far back it started it just felt difficult to get into. I considered getting into it last year but I heard the romours of IDW's take over and decided to wait for that. The comic itself felt a little lacking. Not a lot of dialogue or really much story (not until the end). However I hear this is common with new comic book series. It seems like they're taking their time with setting up the characters. Which I assume is to help newcomers to the series. I mean it's been a while since Sega really payed much attention to having an extended universe of characters and as a result I think younger buyers might not have the full context for these characters. I mean for example growing up in the 2000s I had Sonic X to delve into the characters and get me to understand them. The Sonic fans under the age of let's say 16 probably didn't watch much Sonic X or anything else that really showed off the characters.

So I say wait around for things to get more interesting. I do admit I do look forward to the freedom fighters showing up cause I've never really been that into them.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Stephanie Sheh voicing Izzy Park the same way she does Sailor Moon has me considering the chance of Nazneen Contractor dubbing some "Sailor Moon" episodes I currently dont plan to buy.
Watched the newest Halloween yesterday
I can’t express my unpopular opinions without someone yelling or disagreeing at me why I’m a monster for thinking that way (liking adult animation, SpongeBob’s new episodes are inferior, etc.)
If you have Starz Encore Family (Not Kids & Family, but Family...) 1 hour as of this post, they'll be playing "Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas" and "Sonic Christmas Blast". (3:19pm-4:06pm EST) Both will play again at some point.
I'm at episode 50 of {Batman: TAS ∧ Hey Arnold}.