How Did They Cast a NY-based actor on Spider-Man(2017)

brodie999

How did they cast Sean Schemmel of all people as Mr. Salerno in the 2017 Spider-Man reboot cartoon? I mean, he's a NY-based actor who worked on the 4Kids TMNT show, Shadow the Hedgehog and Yu-Gi-Oh. He must've followed in Mike Pollock's footsteps in taking part in LA projects because he probably was told he'd keep voicing Eggman in Sonic games beyond 2021.

Any thoughts on this?

SweetShop209

I think he already moved to Los Angeles by this point. He already got some voice credits in projects with a Los Angeles based voice cast like Lego Scooby Doo: Knight Time Terror, a few appearances on Sofia The First, and DC Superhero Girls: Hero Of The Year. You can also see this reflected in his work for Pokemon. He was around during the 4Kids era, did voice work for Diamond And Pearl (due to DuArt working on the show, and getting back some older voices), and didn't return to doing work on Pokemon until Pokemon Journeys (when the dub switched to using a mix of New York and Los Angeles voice actors).

brodie999

I think he already moved to Los Angeles by this point. He already got some voice credits in projects with a Los Angeles based voice cast like Lego Scooby Doo: Knight Time Terror, a few appearances on Sofia The First, and DC Superhero Girls: Hero Of The Year. You can also see this reflected in his work for Pokemon. He was around during the 4Kids era, did voice work for Diamond And Pearl (due to DuArt working on the show, and getting back some older voices), and didn't return to doing work on Pokemon until Pokemon Journeys (when the dub switched to using a mix of New York and Los Angeles voice actors).
Yeah, that makes sense. If Mike Pollock is going to continue voicing Eggman up to Sonic the Hedgehog's 40th anniversary, hopefully, he'll make a decision to move to Los Angeles soon too. I mean, it's not like they could find the right replacement voice actor for him anytime soon.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

CNC
am I the only one who thinks Berdly reminds me of Mordecai?
The Count: That's seven, seven shows rejected by Nickelodeon. Ah ah ah!

Apparently, Cassandra Peterson has been in a relationship with a woman for 19 years.

Is there a name for the art style Google and other companies use in their advertising? It has to have an official name if so many groups are using it.

Featured Posts