How did Canada obtain an AS channel?

TheCartoonRailfan

Where's my senior discount?
We are now coming up on the 1st Anniversary of Adult Swim Canada, which airs a wide variety of programming highly similar to the AS block in the USA.

Given the success of AS Canada, will a similar channel work in the USA? How did Canada manage to obtain an AS channel in the first place? Is it because the content ratings in Canada are more lax than in the USA?

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Whatever the circumstances were, it seems to have gotten Corus to do things they haven't done. Pretty much all AdultSwim originals premiere at the same time in Canada. The only exclusions are shows Netflix snatched (Final Space, Mike Tyson's Mysteries) well before the relaunch. They can't be bothered to acquire shows outside of their existing content partnerships, though.

I'm not too sure how things will play out in the future. The channel relies heavily on the Fox animated sitcom library (much like the U.S. block does) and who can say what'll happen in a post-Disney+ world. Corus does operate Disney channels in Canada but those are starting to die off internationally (XD especially).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I wish a happy birthday to Corey Burton (66) (voice of Professor Ludwig Von Drake for over 30 years, as well as Megatron on Transformers Animated), Sumalee Montano (49) (voice of Arcee on Transformers Prime and Katana on Beware The Batman), and Travis Willingham (40) (voice of King Roland on Sofia The First and Thor on many Marvel cartoons since Avengers Assemble).
My grandfather just passed away…

The winner of this matchup is Happy Birthday Scooby Doo, which got 3 votes. A Scooby Doo Valentine got 0 votes. The next matchup is Birthday For A Princess. It's between "Surprise" from Cleopatra In Space and "The Birthday Cruise" from Elena Of Avalor.
After the animated movie announcement, did not at all think a live-action TMNT was still in development.
CNC
Thinking about rebranding myself sometime later this year. Like, changing my screen name, new accounts, etc. But I don't think my haters would trust me if I did. Would those people build confidence if I considered doing it? Like, I WAS gonna do it soon, but I probably need to hold off for a long while.

Featured Posts