How Come Amazon Cartoons Are Not Talked About That Much?

Latest News & Videos

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
If you ask someone what their favorite cartoons on streaming services are when choosing between Netflix and Amazon, people almost always choose Netflix, with their shows generally generating more discussion. It doesn't seem to be the thing with Amazon cartoons. Despite the general positive reviews of shows like Niko And The Sword Of Light , Kung Fu Panda: The Paws Of Destiny, and The Adventures Of Rocky And Bullwinkle, they're barely talked about compared to shows like Bojack Horseman, Voltron Legendary Defender, and She Ra And The Princesses Of Power. Sure, some Netflix shows like The Adventures Of Puss In Boots and Harvey Street Kids don't generate a lot of discussion, but that's more of the exception. With this in mind, How Come Amazon Cartoons Are Not Talked About That Much? Discuss below.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Nov 1, 2013
  1. Because more people have Netflix therefore more people are going to notice their shows
  2. Compare your lists, Amazon has decent kid shows while Netflix has Bojack friggen Horseman. Hopefully though it changes when Invincible airs.

Radical Buster

Well-Known Hack Fraud
Feb 3, 2018
under your bed
If Amazon was more widely available, then people would talk about their shows more. Here, pretty much the only Amazon show we talk about is The Grand Tour.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
May 13, 2006
Advanced Idea Mechanics
As mention, less access to Amazon Prime in general. Also, their original animation selection isn't as strong. The only ones I actually watch from there are Niko and Kung Fu Panda.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
A few days ago, I found out that the Amazon Prime original cartoons have Dutch audio, and the other originals have Dutch subtitles. Yet I have never seen any ads for Amazon Prime here. I don't know anyone here who has Amazon Prime.

In Europe, Amazon Prime mostly focusses on the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. In Germany, Amazon Prime has become more popular than Netflix!
Sure, some Netflix shows like The Adventures Of Puss In Boots and Harvey Street Kids don't generate a lot of discussion, but that's more of the exception.
This is not true. Many Netflix originals get little attention. Netflix has got waaayyy more animated originals than Amazon Prime, so of course they are more likely to find successes like Voltron, She-Ra, Hilda etc.

AMAZON PRIME ORIGINALS

Preschool and young children

-Creative Galaxy
-If You Give A Mouse A Cookie
-Pete the Cat
-The Bug Diaries
-The Stinky & Dirty Show
-Tumble Leaf
-Wishenpoof!

Children
-Costume Quest
-Danger & Eggs
-Kung Fu Panda: The Paws of Destiny
-Little Big Awesome
-Lost In Oz
-Niko and the Sword of Light
-The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
-Thunderbirds are Go

Adults
-nothing yet

NETFLIX ORIGINALS
Preschool and young children
-Ask the StoryBots
-Care Bears and Cousins
-Charlie’s Colorforms City
-Justin Time
-Llama Llama
-Luna Petunia
-Mighty Little Bheem
-Popples
-Super Monsters
-The Magic School Bus Rides Again
-True and the Rainbow Kingdom
-True: Magical Friends, True: Wonderful Wishes
-VeggieTales in the House, VeggieTales in the City
-We’re Lalaloopsy
-Word Party
-YooHoo to the Rescue

Children
-3Below: Tales of Arcadia
-All Hail King Julien
-Buddy Thunderstruck
-Carmen Sandiego
-Cupcake & Dino: General Services
-Dawn of the Croods
-Dinotrux
-Dragons: Race to the Edge

-Ever After High
-Harvey Street Kids
-Hilda
-Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh
-Kong: King of the Apes

-Kulipari: An Army of Frogs, Kulipari: Dream Walker
-Larva Island
-Legend Quest
-Lego Bionicle: The Journey to One
-Lego Elves
-Lego Friends: The Power of Friendship
-Motown Magic
-Pinky Malinky
-She-Ra and the Princesses of Power
-Skylanders Academy
-Spirit Riding Free
-Spy Kids: Mission Critical
-Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters
-Tarzan and Jane
-The Adventures of Puss in Boots

-The Boss Baby: Back in Business
-The Dragon Prince
-The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants
-The Hollow
-Trollhunters: Tales of Arcadia
-Trolls: The Beat Goes On!
-Turbo FAST
-Voltron: Legendary Defender

-World of Winx

Adults
-Big Mouth
-BoJack Horseman
-Disenchantment
-F is for Family
-Love, Death & Robots
-Paradise PD
-Super Drags
-Trailer Park Boys: The Animated Series

Anime
-A.I.C.O. – Icarnation
-Aggretsuko
-B: The Beginning
-Baki
-Castlevania
-Devilman Crybaby
-Hero Mask
-Lost Song
-Neo Yokio
-Sword Gai: The Animation
-Ultraman

The series colored blue are shown on Flemish television, and it seems to be the same in many other European countries. Netflix originals are shown on TV (often only the first season), Amazon originals not so much.

Summary:
  1. Netflix has got more subscribers than Amazon Prime.
  2. Netflix has got more animated originals.
  3. Netflix shows advertises more around the world.
  4. In many countries, several Netflix originals are also broadcast on TV.
I currently don't have any preference. I have yet to check out Carmen Sandiego, Hilda, She-Ra, The Hollow, Rocky & Bullwinkle and Costume Quest. The other originals don't interest me that much.

NeoplanDan

Just Another Day In Paradise
Apr 24, 2016
USA
www.youtube.com
I guess there are some answers, with Amazon being less available and how Netflix has both more selections and are more likely to air on tv.
It’s kinda like Netflix is another YouTube, whenas Prime is more like Dailymotion and Vimeo, where Netflix and YouTube are more local and popular among all platforms, while Prime and DM and Vimeo doesn’t have the heavy audience compared to the other examples.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The teaser is good. The comments saying "Release The Snyder Cut" are not.
Is the concept of good scheduling just dead at this point, I'm looking at PlutoTv and most of the time they just got the same show on repeat.
As someone who just got into Usagi Yojimbo, I am so hyped for the cartoon.
Saw the Descendants short Audrey's Royal Return. I will not miss this franchise. That was a disaster.
I'd tell Pumpkin Spice to go back where he came from but I'm not sure he'd still fit in the bottom of an outhouse.