Hot Wheels World Race "The Entire Series" TALKBACK (Spoilers)

Rate this OVA!

• A+

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A-

• B+

• B

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • B-

• C+

• C

• C-

• F

• Total voters

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, yeah... one Talkback to cover two weeks of five episodes.

It's getting hot hot! Hot Wheels World Race made it's Toonami premiere last year, surprising those who didn't even give it a thought on the other block as an actually entertaining show.

This is the official talkback thread for all of Hot Wheels World Race.

Friday, February 13th-
5.5: Episode 1
6.0: Episode 2

Friday, February 20th-
5.5: Episode 3
6.0: Episode 4
6.5: Episode 5

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
For those of you who liked the series, I must say the DVD is a really good deal. It has all 5 episodes on one disc and I think there were extras as well. Plus, I think I saw it at a display in the grocery store before for only about 10 bucks.

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter

And it's got a holographic cover or something.

Although, I really doubt how much replay I'd get out of it. I mean, I've had my 6 dollar Titan A.E. disc on the shelf still unplayed.

Although, that Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow/Spy Troops DVD set looks tempting...

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter

It's as much of an OVA as Tenchi Muyo!, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, Love Hina Again, and GI Joe: Spy Troops.

Read: Original Video Animation. Sent to video first. DTV just sounds so... Disney.

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
An OVA doesn't have to be from Japan. Actually, this is about the closest thing to an OAV that I can think of that has been released in America. Before the series was ever on TV each episode was released individually on video at about two month intervals (or some time period like that).

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter

Really, I can't think of anything OTHER than Hot Wheels World Race that was released episodically on tape.

Except for Lightspeed Rescue's "To The Tenth Power"... or that mighta been Lost Galaxy.

Beat

Retired
Youko Recca said:
Most anime fans believe the initials OAV and OVA are dedicated to anime.
I'm just saying that this should be reffered to as DTV (Direct to Video). Clears up confusion.

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter

I'm just saying that this should be reffered to as DTV (Direct to Video). Clears up confusion.
Well, trying to break barriers here. DTV usually is connottated with bad Disney sequels. OVAs are connottated with good animé, so just make that sidestep to America.

Like, Rurouni Kenshin is a cartoon and Batman: The Animated Series is an animé in the broadest senses.

PaQ

Believe it!
OVA, OAV, DTV, cartoon, anime.... whatever you want to call Hot Wheels World Race.. it doesn't matter..

I couldn't watch it before CN, I couldn't watch it on SVES, and I probably won't watch it on Toonami.

Yeah you could say I don't like the series.. and I did give it a chance though and it's just never satisfied me.

It's hard to get into something for just a short amount of episodes.. maybe that's why I wasn't too fond of IGPX.. :shrug:

lostrune

Detective Rachel
Beatdigga said:

As DTV could be mistaken for a channel, some spell it as "D2V."

NinjaJack

JohnCrichton said:
I say you're trying to get under Knux's skin. OVA or DTV, it doesn't matter.
"And thats the bottom line,cause Stone Cold said so"

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Finishing up Metroid Dread by acquiring everything only to be disappointed when the last energy tank and missile you needed an Amiibo.
Today's my birthday! :D
Can't wait for the party this weekend!
Microsoft just bought Activision/Blizzard for $68 billion. And people thought the Bethesda deal was huge? Mind. Blown.
I wonder what if Viacom responsed to turner buying Hanna barbera by buying Fred wolf films (meant they would own the 1987 tmnt cartoon) in 1992 or 1993 and they later buy the tmnt ip as well as mirage studios in in the mid-late 90s or early-mid 2000s instead of 2009
PF9
What if Viacom bought Capital Cities/ABC instead of Disney in 1996?

ABC did have a good relationship with Paramount Television after all.

Featured Posts