"Hot Wheels World Race" Episode 5 - Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate "Hot Wheels World Race" Episode 5!

Votes: 2 40.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
Leading the way... Originally an OVA series, "Hot Wheels World Race" continues to make its lap around Toonami today. This is the official talkback thread for Episode 5 which debuts on Toonami October 31st at 6.5 PM (5.5 Central). This episode was part of a full hour presentation on video and on it's Cartoon Network run. This will be the first time it has been broken in two. Prepare to accelerate and comment on this episode!

Last week, icy conditions befell our racers. They were forced to work together as the brothers confronted each other. Afterwards, the leader of the Wave Rippers takes a big lead and arrives in [strike]Mainframe[/strike] the Acceleron city. Who will win in this final episode? Currently... Only Toonami.

Spoilers: If the episode has already aired on Toonami you do not need to worry about using spoiler tags. If you must comment on episodes that have not yet aired on Toonami you will need to use spoiler tags due to the number of people who have not seen the rest of the series. Thank you.

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
I'd much rather have the Wheel of Fortune than the Wheel of Power.

All they need is an evil blue virus, a maniacal red virus, and a blue person-like guy shooting each other.

I really don't like Burt's face. It's just...something about it doesn't feel right.

So creepy girl is an Acceleron or something?

Who puts the limit at 212?

Hehe, "I'm not positive, but I think I just blew out every fuse in North America." Funniest line in the series.

Just get Bob and Matrix to put it back!

The black guy's one-liner was...strange. It felt out of place.

All those cars get run over without moving. How pathetic.

Why not just blast all the other cars except for Burt's? Oh, right. n/m

Wasn't she in Terminator 3? Or The View?

Three lanes. Three ships. How convienent.

Yay! His car finally breaks down!

How the hell did he know where Burt was?

Shouldn't the portal have closed by now?

Yea, right! As if the cars could take THAT big a drop and not even be dented!

Who knew Ring Toss skillz would save the world?

That "hot" pun was horrible!

Gah! The hot rodder is stealing the main character's love interest!

The doctor dude has lost any coolness he had.

How'd he get back if he's out of Nitrox2?

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Anime Guy said:
Hey Duke, how do you get your review in so early? Do you type in your thoughts while you watch?

Yep. I can never remember the little things I notice 5 minutes after the show airs, so I "write-it-as-it-goes" (As DianaGohan put it).

JohnCrichton

An astronaut!
Awesome! Most fun I've had watching Toonami since premire of He-Man.
thumbs.gif

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
I must admit, this series ended up being a lot better than I thought it would be. I need to have more faith in what airs on Toonami. Hot Wheels World Race may not be the best show that has ever been on Toonami, but it was still a heck of a lot of fun. I was surprised that Tesla wasn't actually bad. He had seemed kind of creepy all along.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts