Hot Wheels Acceleracers "The Speed of Silence" Talkback (Spoilers)

You do this kind of poll when you're lazy.

• 5 Accelechargers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 Accelechargers

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 3 Accelechargers

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 2 Accelechargers

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 Accelecharger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0 Accelechargers

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
moviesimage.jpg
hotwheelsimage.jpg

I feel the need! The need for speed! But it can't be loud speed, since that's too...loud. Hence, you use stealth mode. Not as interesting, but it makes Grandpa happy.​

Last time on Hot Wheels Acceleracers: Ignition:​

"After restoring the Wheel of Power to its rightful place last time, a secret organization known as the Racing Drones has destroyed Highway 35 in a search for the mystical power source, closing off the portals. Tezla, the genius scientist who started the race for the Wheel of Power in the first place, is almost killed trying to protect the Wheel from the Drones, and enlists former World Racers Vert Wheeler, Kurt Wylde, Taro Kitano, and Mark Wylde, as well as their new companions, to race ahead and reclaim special cards which allow their cars to perform special tricks, such as shrinking or super-jumping. During the first few races, the gang is tested to the limit by the new and improved Racing Drones, losing several cars as well as Taro. The race is still on to gain the Wheel of Power before it is too late..."​

This week on Hot Wheels Acceleracers: The Speed of Silence:​

"As Vert gets yet another new car and agonizes over the loss of his old friend Taro, the rest of the gang prepare for their next race in another strange, new world. Kurt is still trying to get the now-beefed-up Mark to come to their side of thinking, but it's not easy. Now, both the Teku team and the Metal Maniacs team must race for their lives once again against the awesome might of the Racing Drones. Win, and the Earth is saved for one more day. Lose, and it'll cost you everything."​

Spoilers: I doubt anyone has even seen this yet, so there shouldn't be any worry. But still, don't spoil, k?​

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
You should know that I've already got my engine revving and ready to go, but 6:30 still seems an eternity away.

Timmay

100th cup of coffee.
how can anyone sit through this?

I think they're running out of cool sounding titles. It's the speed of silence! which is zero times the speed of sound!

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
Timmay said:

Unfortunately I missed the previous movie, but if these movies are anything like Hot Wheels: World Race, it is a heck of a lot of mindless fun! It is fairly impressive visually in some aspects as well.

Fresh V

Stand By Me
I'm just not in the mood to watch a Hot Wheels movie today. I'll probably just tape it and watch it later.

Duke

William C. Maune said:
It is fairly impressive visually in some aspects as well.
Meh, the lack of cel-shading hurts it greatly. Kinda like Fuzors.

Sheesh, just how many cars are gonna get wrecked in these movies!? Isn't this the, like, 30th car that's been totaled so far? I know this is making up for when they were invincible in World Race, but still...

o_O Marky was in prison!?

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
pretty good so far but that EDR thing is pretty evil. Tessler is a real jerk like most mad scientist types! Pork Chop is still cool I hope he gets some better action :)

Duke

Hey Vert, maybe for once you can, you know, NOT total your car in the next race?

And is there anything Tezla does know?

Pork Chop and Monkey are quickly becoming my favorite characters.

LordByronius

YOU CANNOT ESCAPE MY DANGER
Timmay said:

I think they're running out of cool sounding titles. It's the speed of silence! which is zero times the speed of sound!
I CONCUR. WITH LOUD REPORT.

Has Mattel got the Cartoon Network trapped in some kind of merchandising agreement or something, where they HAVE to show this obviously direct-to-video, ugly-looking CGI "movie" for ad dollars?

Duke

It's Toad's Turnpike Mirror Mode Version from Mario Kart 64! Sweet!

It's also Mushroom City from Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

I miss Smash Mouth's "Hot." These new songs suck.

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
why Monkey? he is annoying and weird as seen by his dream :eek: Porkchop has a pig plushie :anime: this movie seems to be about dreams since at least 3 characters have had them now. and wow the city track was cool! driving against oncoming traffic is a good obstacle and those big tankers to.

WeathermanX5

Investigative Mind
William C. Maune said:
Unfortunately I missed the previous movie, but if these movies are anything like Hot Wheels: World Race, it is a heck of a lot of mindless fun! It is fairly impressive visually in some aspects as well.
How come you didn't watch it on Miguzi yesterday? :sweat:

WeathermanX5

Investigative Mind
Duke said:
It's Toad's Turnpike Mirror Mode Version from Mario Kart 64! Sweet!

It's also Mushroom City from Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

I miss Smash Mouth's "Hot." These new songs suck.
"Hey hey hey H for action gotta race to win gotta smash it down...yeah yeah yeah yeah...kick it to the can...uh uh uhhh..."

:rolleyes:

ktoriyama

Darkness in light
What?!?!!

Who cleans for friends, I am a college student, I say, sit where ya can, and not on the chairs because they have too much stuff on them. Besides beer makes everything look good.

Now here is a question why did they have to change Taro, Toro, or whatever the head of the Metal Maniacs is called? I swear he looks different. Or is he a different person.
EDIT: No he is not the head, but he is a veteran from the original HotWheels show with the wheel of power.

And Monkey having erotic fantasies of the girl working for Tesla, hilarious. Or that bone that Porkchop has around his neck. Between the two of them I am liking the Metal Maniacs a whole lot better.

Favorite line:
I'll take you to the bathroom.
It's too late for that.
I'll let you drive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duke

Looks like Kareem's still alive. And he's gonna be turned evil.

...Where the hell's Vert?

A 3rd party. Interesting...

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
confusing ending :confused: good stuff again though! so all the haters begone or something!

Tezla is a jerk
Tekku is stuck up
and a couple of the Maniacs are just brats
but even with that mess theres still some characters to like such as Pork Chop :anime:

tucsoncoyote

Time to get my "Game face" on
Watching Turtles Racing is more fun..

Frankly Paint Dried Faster then this Movie.. and in fact even Turtles having a race are probably more fun to watch.. Sorry Hot wheels The Speed of Silence you were great as an idea for the kids.. but for the anime or CGI fan.. one word.. lame..

0 out of 5..

:coyote:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts