Hot Wheels Acceleracers "Breaking Point" Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Go Duke, it's your birthday! Go Duke, it's your birthday!

• 5 Accelechargers

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 4 Accelechargers

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 3 Accelechargers

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 2 Accelechargers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Accelecharger

• 0 Accelechargers

• Total voters

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken

Planning much farther ahead than usual, the guys and gals of Toonami have obviously noticed my rabid fanboy-ness and decided to give me a Birthday gift in the form of Hot Wheels Acceleracers: Breaking Point. OK, so it isn't the Gundam SEED or the Zeta Gundam movies, but it'll do.​

Last time on Hot Wheels Acceleracers: The Speed of Silence:​

"As Vert Wheeler anguishes over not being the star of the show anymore (Oh, and Kadeem being 'dead'), Kurt and Marky continue their increasingly-dangerous brotherly rivalry. Meanwhile, it is revealed that the Racing Drones can duplicate Accelechargers, giving them unlimited copies, and it seems as if Kadeem, who is actually alive, is going to be used against our heroes. Oh, and Tezla isn't telling our heroes the whole story behind these evil drones. As if that wasn't enough, a new team called the Silencerz, who seem to be against both our heroes and the racing drones! Oh no! What will happen next?"​

This week on Hot Wheels Acceleracers: Breaking Point:​

"Our favorite Hot Wheelers decide that they wanna try going after a new racing franchise now. After ripping off stages from the Mario Kart series, our team decides to tackle the F-Zero realm. Of course, this leads to lots and lots of pipe racing and likely high-speed jumping. Can Kurt beat Captain Falcon? Is Marky more angsty than Samurai Goroh? Can Vert finish a race without totaling a car?"​

Note: The main character to the original 80's Hot Wheels TV series was named Jack "Rabbit" Wheeler.​

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
nice dramatic start to this one with Vert leaving. some of them are using motorcycles this time isn't that just crazy :confused: the pipe racing realm isn't real exciting compared to past ones now if they were racing on the outside like those invisible cars that would have been neat

Timmay

100th cup of coffee.
what kind of vicelike grip does Hot Wheels have on CN to make them air these hot wheels movies every couple Saturdays?

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
Mark Wild won the maniac leadership is there no justice? :( now with 4 teams things are going to get ever crazier! and Vert is back already to soon I'd say. realm #2 of the movie is a fiery wasteland/junkyard? better then pipes in looks and hazards :)

do they need to remind us theres a new TT next every commercial break?

surprise ending there and creepy at that :eek: how many more are left?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tien85

Rabi~en~Rose said:
Mark Wild won the maniac leadership is there no justice? :( now with 4 teams things are going to get ever crazier! and Vert is back already to soon I'd say. realm #2 of the movie is a fiery wasteland/junkyard? better then pipes in looks and hazards :)

do they need to remind us theres a new TT next every commercial break?

surprise ending there and creepy at that :eek: how many more are left?
One more in October, but still have about 6 more (I think) mini episodes between now and then. Haven't gotten to see it all yet, but from what I did see I thought it was pretty decent.

Edit: Well just finished watching it, pretty decent episode, not as good as the first two, but was saved by some of the moments between Pork Chop, Monkey, and Taro at the beginning and later with Pork Chop and Monkey. Heck Sparky is even starting to grow on me :D. Sharako passing PC was a little joke to add on the rivalry between the two. I agree the ending was really sad, hopefully something can be done to save them. Little more told about the mysterious Silencerz, but with some answers come even more questions. Only one more movie left and a few more mini episodes online. Will be interesting to see what happens next.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Acceleracers is pretty decent, but this one seemed to be lacking something. I like the new team, even though I do wish I knew something about them, and the twist at the end was wicked. I can't wait to see how Acceleracers ends ni October. I also wonder if this will be it for Hot Wheel, or if they will end up making another series.

bigddan11 said:
Acceleracers is pretty decent, but this one seemed to be lacking something. I like the new team, even though I do wish I knew something about them, and the twist at the end was wicked. I can't wait to see how Acceleracers ends ni October. I also wonder if this will be it for Hot Wheel, or if they will end up making another series.
Although it's an alright story-wise (with some fairly large reality issues), the real purpose of Acceleracers is to advertise new Hotwheels products. I imagine they'll find some way to keep the shows going. The real question is if any of the characters from this series will carry over.

The whole cyborg-Kadeem part was rather dark. Given how Hotwheels writers are so reluctant to actually kill off a character, I wonder how they'll resolve Kadeem's fate.

Conan-san

Two words descibes this, *Snoring* and *Whistle from expelling snore*. This is worse than one piece as it's a blanint attempt to sell junk and to be honest, it has no Place in, on or around Toonami (I'd argue it has no place on CN ether for that matter). I meen, sure He-man and TMNT can be argued the same but at least they are enjoybale (and don't use the now over used Ocean Group for va's)

I meen, hell 3 or 4 episodes of Megaman NT Warrior would be more satisifying than this drek.

Or, hey, how about Shaman King? that would get some figgures. That's at least got a choerent stroyline.

Wanted

Toonmaster
Our feelings for this series differ greatly. I'd watch this over One Piece, TMNT, Megaman, or Shaman King anyday.
Timmay said:
what kind of vicelike grip does Hot Wheels have on CN
A pretty tight one. I've been run over by it before, and it hurts. Let's just say that my feet don't take up half as much space as they used to...

JohnCrichton

An astronaut!
Heh... I for one love this show. Fun, simple and more creative than a show about Hot Wheels has a right to be.

What they did to Kadeem was just COLD! They really aren't pulling punches on characters. I wonder what Mark Wild''s fate is gonna be.

I do like the names too.. Taro and Nolo... even Vert. Simple and unusual.

Great show, lotsa fun, looking forward to the next. :)

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Is it just me, or did one of the Silencerz people look like our favorite action-block host robot?

Tien85

I kinda noticed that as well, but after seeing this episode I am starting to wonder if maybe Gig and the other ones that looked like him (helping the Silencerz) might be Accelerons or maybe that the Silencerz are Accelerons? I agree, Kadeem's fate is really sad, after all the guy went through in the World Race and now in Acceleracers, I hope he is able to be saved. As for Wylde, can't say I really like the change of character in him from World Race to Acceleracers and up to now. He has his moments though and I hope during the next movie (rather then on the mini episodes) he is saved as well before he meets the same fate as Kadeem. Really liked how one of the Silencerz cars was able to split in two, making the bike Magnesium and a Silencerz drone bike used to take out an RD-07. Plus I think Dr. Tezla knows more about the Silencerz then he is letting on. I knew he had some connections (thought his car in Ignition was familiar) and him driving Nitrium sheds some light.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Asa
Today the world honored the legacy of our true hero, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr and his most famous motto, "I have a dream".
Asa
Did you enjoy tonight's Steven? What were your thoughts on it? To me, it almost felt like a series finale, but we will have to wait for confirmation from CN and Rebecca Sugar.
I unironically miss 4Kids.
Hey everyone! How's it going? :)