23. A3!
24. Twelve Kingdoms
25. Seven Deadly Sins
26. Sword Art Online
27. Dragon Ball
28. Monogatari Series
29. The Avengers
30. Golden Kamuy

Edit: From left to right the stats as follows.

1. Video
2. Music
3. Novel
4. Comic
5. Other

The filled in circles represent the primary source of income for the franchise.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Sep 25, 2004
NY
No Pokemon in the top 30? I mean outside the games, the anime must be doing the worst it's ever been. I can see why they keep revamping the show with new gimmicks now every gen because the show has been a non-entity over the last decade even in Japan.

doomrider7

That One Guy
Apr 10, 2017
New Milford, NJ
No Pokemon in the top 30? I mean outside the games, the anime must be doing the worst it's ever been. I can see why they keep revamping the show with new gimmicks now every gen because the show has been a non-entity over the last decade even in Japan.
I 100% believe they should just adapt Pokemon Special/Adventures already. Either way, these are media franchises in terms of stuff like shows and comics as far as I can tell and excludes games and merch since Pokemon is LITERALLY the highest grossing franchise.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I'm not sure if there's a lot of anime exclusive merchandise and it might not be counted regardless if this is primarily going by stuff like manga sales.

I 100% believe they should just adapt Pokemon Special/Adventures already. Either way, these are media franchises in terms of stuff like shows and comics as far as I can tell and excludes games and merch since Pokemon is LITERALLY the highest grossing franchise.
As cool as it would be to adapt Pokemon Adventures, I think that ship sailed ages ago. There's no guarantee that an Adventures series would be profitable enough for them to make two long running anime series. I'm sure that it would be successful enough, but TPCI might not want to spend the money. Plus, I'd rather just have the manga be given time to complete each arc. It took them ages to finish the B2/W2 arc and I haven't read any of the other arcs primarily because I wanted to wait until they updated those volumes.

Reactions: RDG

doomrider7

That One Guy
Apr 10, 2017
New Milford, NJ
I was kind of expecting SAO, Gundam, and AoT to be higher up on there.

But hey, Kamen Rider ;).
The fact that they're on there as high as they are on just manga, anime, novel, and music sales is impressive as hell given that merch and game(gacha and regular) wise, those franchise are like infinite money cheats. Either way, the Fate series would likely dominate if that were the case given their gacha games make stupid money.

Edit: Tensei Slime doing this well makes me incredibly happy and incredibly amazed for a litany of reasons since it's primary source of income is the manga.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frontier

sweetpyon

Feb 26, 2020
U.S.A
Love Live being 2nd highest is no surprise; nor is IMAS being number 6. Idol franchises are much more popular in the east with many more idol otaku (yay, which I am, too =w=) just in case anyone does not know this I will say this and the reason.

Also, the plague of isekai continues.... [sighs]

doomrider7

That One Guy
Apr 10, 2017
New Milford, NJ
Love Live being 2nd highest is no surprise; nor is IMAS being number 6. Idol franchises are much more popular in the east with many more idol otaku (yay, which I am, too =w=) just in case anyone does not know this I will say this and the reason.

Also, the plague of isekai continues.... [sighs]
Join us in service of the Slime Overlord.