Hideo Kojima & Guillermo Del Toro present SILENT HILLS

Latest News & Videos

The Talon

Jan 20, 2012
Townsville
[video=youtube;cWPA94uiwkg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWPA94uiwkg[/video]

Well, looks like Silent Hill's getting the kick in the ass it's needed for a long time now, courtesy of these two and The Walking Dead's Norman Reedus. Lots of rumors flying around about this new SH game, saying it could be Silent Hill 5, to even suggesting this might be a PS4 exclusive.

Jinbo71

Feb 8, 2014
This sure looks interesting. I was never one for horror games, but I might have to check this one out.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Mar 17, 2010
Canada
This is a property that probably should have ended after the third, but hey, at least it's a notable studio this time around.

Peter Paltridge

Out To Lunch
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
I tend to like Kojima's stuff, when it's not too bogged down with an incoherent story. I'm glad he found a way to do something non-Metal Gear; heaven knows he's wanted to for a long time now. His habit of playing with the viewer is a perfect blend with psychological horror; this could wind up being the best Silent Hill ever made.

It's too bad I'm such a wimp. I couldn't make it through the Let's Play videos of P.T.

Mister Mayhem

Banned
May 15, 2014
Earth
Cohorts,

it looks good but the gameplay video people are uploading are a bit too intense. i rarely find horror movies scary but horror games always have my heart racing.

Nightwing26

Jun 6, 2012
So....um...yeah. If you still want P.T. and you don't have a PS4, log in to Playstation Network and check out with the demo in your cart. They normally don't remove access to a game if you already claimed it as yours. It could work. https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/pt/cid=UP4511-CUSA01127_00-PPPPPPPPTTTTTTTT
Yeah I heard about this too... Everyone, please jump up at this chance, as it may be our last. Without knowing the specifics of... Well anything about the Kojima and Konami split, there's nothing to suggest Silent Hills will even be the same. I don't want to sound too pessimistic or negative, but at this point, I'm starting to doubt we will even get Silent Hills, which would then mean PT would be the closest thing we would have to a Kojima–Silent Hill game.

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Springfield, MO

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Springfield, MO
Good article on the death of p.t. and Konami going wacky.

It’s unclear exactly why they’re killing P.T. and scrubbing it from PlayStation to this degree. Perhaps there was something in Kojima’s contract that if he left, he took a “promotion” like P.T. with him, but reports say that the higher-ups of Konami are especially vengeful when someone wrongs them, so this genuinely could be personal, not legal.

Which of course, is incredibly stupid and childish.

If that is the case, Konami is cutting of their nose to spite their face, and flushing one of their most impressive achievements in years down the toilet. For their sake, I hope this is a legal issue, or at worst, they’re just really out of touch and don’t even understand what a cool thing they had. But knowing how great P.T. was and killing it just to stick it to Kojima in some misguided way would be downright unconscionable.