"Hey Arnold" TV movie in development (for real this time!)

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
It will premiere at Thanksgiving.
http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2017/01/nickelodeon-usa-to-premiere-hey-arnold.html

Just to clarify since I've already come across one person on another site that thought this, I don't think they mean Thanksgiving day. They probably mean around then (my guess would be Black Friday for part 1 and that Saturday for part 2, but I could be wrong). I don't think they'd actually premiere it on Thanksgiving day.

Rex Kamex

It will premiere at Thanksgiving.
http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2017/01/nickelodeon-usa-to-premiere-hey-arnold.html

Just to clarify since I've already come across one person on another site that thought this, I don't think they mean Thanksgiving day. They probably mean around then (my guess would be Black Friday for part 1 and that Saturday for part 2, but I could be wrong). I don't think they'd actually premiere it on Thanksgiving day.

The Legends of the Hidden Temple movie premiered on TV the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so yeah, I'm sure The Jungle Movie will start airing either that Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Light Lucario

Staff member
That's cool that we finally have a premiere date for the movie. Hopefully we'll get some teaser or trailer for it sometime later this year.

RebelMan

Banned

According to Craig in this interview;

The kids are in fifth grade going onto sixth grade
Craig hopes that the success of The Jungle Movie leads to a sixth season
The new movie will use elements of the original ''Jungle Movie'' in an entirely new story and the creator is happy that the old version of the Jungle Movie was never made.
The movie is at the animatic stage (probably on the animation stage by now)
Lila will not be in The Jungle Movie
The trailer for The Jungle Movie will probably come by Comic Con

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm glad that it's a new version of the Jungle movie if only so that it can be entirely new for both new and long time fans. I don't know if I could see Nickelodeon being interested in picking up another season of the show. Maybe another special depending on how well this one does, but another season might be a bit of a long shot.

I'm kind of surprised that Lila won't be in the movie, but I'm okay with that. She was okay, but Arnold constantly trying to get her to like him like him did get a bit old after awhile. I hope that the trailer will be neat.

Light Lucario

Staff member
They don't seem too interested in giving too many of their new shows a chance, so that might give revival of older shows a bit of an edge, especially when they'd already be established properties. Granted, the chances of a new season are pretty slim, but I wouldn't be against it It would be interesting if they could tackle some new concepts now that the characters are older. As long as they don't just go for revivals instead of new shows, I don't see the problem in the idea of a sixth season.

jaylop97

Staff member
If Barlett is involved with Hey Arnold if it gets a sixth season then at least that would make it a more favorable to do good. As for the movie I do think that is also good that Lila isn't going to be in it seems like there probably taking in her criticism she brought the show.

RebelMan

Banned
1485373379554.png

New storyboard released

Zeether

HASSHA!!
Lila was a good foil for Helga re: her relationship with Arnold (Craig's said she has a "dark side" to her personality that came out a little during the school play episode) and I wish she had a role in the movie or at least a hypothetical 6th season, maybe as someone to motivate Helga to open up a little more. Not disappointed entirely about it but she wasn't that bad of a character and seemed to subtly want the Helga/Arnold relationship to happen.

Light Lucario

Staff member
She was pretty calm about Helga's crush when she had to reveal it for the school play episode too. It was strange that never came back up, but they probably wanted to focus more on Helga's determination to keep the two of them apart than how she knew her secret.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
I'm glad Lila won't be in this movie. She was a useless, one-dimensional character that had no purpose in the show other than to be Arnold's love interest.

True, but I wouldn't describe her as "one-dimensional", since it sounded a bit indirect, I would understand seeing her not be included to the film as everyone is a bit obvious about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

I have a theory. It was mentioned that Toran Cauldell and Jamil Walker Smith are too old to go back to playing their characters, and that they'd play new characters. What if said characters are older versions of Arnold and Gerald, like 10-20 years older? Maybe after the events of the movie wrap up, there'd be a scene 10-20 years in the future where Arnold and Gerald look back on everything that happened when they were young, with the two actors voicing adult versions of their characters.​

Zeether

HASSHA!!
I have a theory. It was mentioned that Toran Cauldell and Jamil Walker Smith are too old to go back to playing their characters, and that they'd play new characters. What if said characters are older versions of Arnold and Gerald, like 10-20 years older? Maybe after the events of the movie wrap up, there'd be a scene 10-20 years in the future where Arnold and Gerald look back on everything that happened when they were young, with the two actors voicing adult versions of their characters.​
I've thought that might be the case, like a flash forward to high school and possibly a nod to the canceled Helga spinoff.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I don't know if that's what's going to happen, but I do like the idea.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I just assumed that they were going to play new characters, but having them voice adult versions of the characters instead would be pretty neat.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Craig mentioned in the interview above that he hopes the movie would lead to a sixth season, so a flash-forward scene might be tricky.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts