"Hellboy: Sword of Storms" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate Hellboy's First Animated Movie!

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 8 17.4%

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 4 8.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • **1/2

Votes: 2 4.3%

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • *1/2

• Ugh... Crap!

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

Weibart

Intercept Now!
Reporter
hbcover2.jpg

Hellboy: Sword of Storms

October 28th, 2006 – Television Premiere
February 6, 2007 – Direct to Video/DVD Release

Synopsis: When a university professor opens a forbidden scroll, he becomes possessed by the twin demons of Thunder and Lightning who seek to return to our world to wake their brothers, the dragons. Hellboy, researcher Kate Corrigan, and Russell Thorne, an albino psychic, travel to Japan to investigate. Hellboy finds “The Sword of Storms” which transports him to a world of Japanese folklore. He learns the sword is the only weapon that can defeat the demons but it also holds the magic that will return them to Earth. The possessed professor sends several creatures of Japanese myth to retrieve the sword. While Hellboy battles these creations of folklore, pyrokinetic Liz Sherman and the amphibian man, Abe Sapien, battle the monsters that have been unleashed around the world.

Comments?

Click here to discuss the DVD release for the film.

NahMan85

WWW.OTAKARA-ISLAND.COM=ANIME.
Damn what happend?

I turned to TN and the movie is already in a commercial or has it not started yet? OOOOops nevermind

Paul_Cousins

Not only do they have some of the same actors reprising thier roles for this movie, but they are also using a variation of the music from the Hellboy movie. Very cool. :cool:

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
NahMan85 said:
I turned to TN and the movie is already in a commercial or has it not started yet? OOOOops nevermind
Yeah, it went to a commercial already. Nothing really happened pre-commercials though.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
It's decent so far. I expect to give this a 3/5 rating.
Edit: The girl with the brown hair has an annoying voice.

Katsumara

Ohi.
Voice acting for the Napalm girl is lacking. She isn't too good >.> some of the other voices.. don't seem like the movie versions, but s'ok I guess.

Edit: Seems we agree J'onn. Heh.

Beat

Retired
It seems like your average side story. Characters are expanded on, but nothing definitive or epic is introduced.

Still extremely glad Ron Perlman is Hellboy. Couldn't imagine anyone else.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Watch your mouth, Hellboy! The soccer moms could be watching! Wouldn't want to eliminate chances for a sequal, would we?

Hey, look, football game review. Can TOM rate a video game any rating other than 8?

livingfruitvirus

No! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
J'onn J'onzz said:
Watch your mouth, Hellboy! The soccer moms could be watching! Wouldn't want to eliminate chances for a sequal, would we?

Hey, look, football game review. Can TOM rate a video game any rating other than 8?

No. TOM is a middle-of-the-road ass.

Paul_Cousins

Beatdigga said:
It seems like your average side story. Characters are expanded on, but nothing definitive or epic is introduced.

I agree on Ron Perlman. But this is clearly a dark movie. It has the same feel as the live action Hellboy movie did, a mix comedy with a dark edge and death. They just showed the lord killing his daughter (though the slice was off screen, but you hear it).

This is a lot better movie than I thought it would be. And it's getting better as it goes along.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
J'onn J'onzz said:

There is another DTV coming out for Hellboy.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Gosh people it's rated PG-LV don't worry about the content. Just appreciate it for what it is and stop blowing the whistle. If you want to do that... go to GameFaqs. They seem to love doing that.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Marzak Ahmed said:
There is another DTV coming out for Hellboy.
They're making one before they even know if the first one is successful?
Edit: Sketch, I know it's TV-PG-LV. It's just some little kids'll probably tune in because they saw a commercial for it on Miguzi and... the parents'll probably get mad that they were advertising TV-PG-LV on a block aimed at the 6-11...

But yeah, I'm being paranoied.

Funkatron

Beatdigga said:

Nothing against Perlman, but for some reason I keep imagining Brad
Garrett doing his Lobo(Superman/JL) voice as Hellboy

Beat

Retired
J'onn J'onzz said:

Long ago, he bashed the hell out of a few DC games.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts