"Hellboy: Sword of Storms" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate Hellboy's First Animated Movie!

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 8 17.4%

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 4 8.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • **1/2

Votes: 2 4.3%

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • *1/2

• Ugh... Crap!

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

Lutochris

While I'm glad to see that Toonami seems to be moving in this general direction, I have to say I was pretty unimpressed with the animation in this movie. The character designs looked like something out of a Saturday morning show. Didn't really fit with the mature themes/story/dialogue very well. But I'm still happy to see that Toonami is going for more of this stuff, I just hope they turn it up a notch with the animation quality.

Anarky

Team Conan
Lutochris said:
While I'm glad to see that Toonami seems to be moving in this general direction, I have to say I was pretty unimpressed with the animation in this movie. The character designs looked like something out of a Saturday morning show. Didn't really fit with the mature themes/story/dialogue very well. But I'm still happy to see that Toonami is going for more of this stuff, I just hope they turn it up a notch with the animation quality.

while most of the human designs were a bit "toony", the Hellboy segments (the most important portions of the feature) were executed masterfully...and that's what counts

Jedah Dohma

The Blood Reaper... returns
Great movie. I'm glad Toonami picked this one up and proved they can handle this content (and language).

I thought the Hellboy live action movie was okay but I liked this movie better.

Looking forward to the second Hellboy DTV. And yes, I want this to be made into an animated series!

8/10 for Sword of Storms

Mr. Manager

I was only paying a little attention to this but I really liked what I saw. One thing I really liked about Hellboy's design was that he had a large body and tiny legs. Toonami sure has come a long way in what they can and cannot do. An animated series would rock and would give Toonami a more mature feel (with the next step being to get rid of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, but I digress).

Weibart

Intercept Now!
Reporter
Hellboy: Sword of Storms has its second airing on Toonami tonight at 9.5PM!

hbcover2.jpg
Hellboy: Sword of Storms
October 28th, 2006 – Television Premiere
February 6, 2007 – Direct to Video/DVD Release

Synopsis: When a university professor opens a forbidden scroll, he becomes possessed by the twin demons of Thunder and Lightning who seek to return to our world to wake their brothers, the dragons. Hellboy, researcher Kate Corrigan, and Russell Thorne, an albino psychic, travel to Japan to investigate. Hellboy finds “The Sword of Storms” which transports him to a world of Japanese folklore. He learns the sword is the only weapon that can defeat the demons but it also holds the magic that will return them to Earth. The possessed professor sends several creatures of Japanese myth to retrieve the sword. While Hellboy battles these creations of folklore, pyrokinetic Liz Sherman and the amphibian man, Abe Sapien, battle the monsters that have been unleashed around the world.​

Comments?

Paul_Cousins

Hellboy: Sword of Storms has its second airing on Toonami tonight at 9.5PM!

hbcover2.jpg
Hellboy: Sword of Storms
October 28th, 2006 – Television Premiere
February 6, 2007 – Direct to Video/DVD Release

Synopsis: When a university professor opens a forbidden scroll, he becomes possessed by the twin demons of Thunder and Lightning who seek to return to our world to wake their brothers, the dragons. Hellboy, researcher Kate Corrigan, and Russell Thorne, an albino psychic, travel to Japan to investigate. Hellboy finds “The Sword of Storms” which transports him to a world of Japanese folklore. He learns the sword is the only weapon that can defeat the demons but it also holds the magic that will return them to Earth. The possessed professor sends several creatures of Japanese myth to retrieve the sword. While Hellboy battles these creations of folklore, pyrokinetic Liz Sherman and the amphibian man, Abe Sapien, battle the monsters that have been unleashed around the world.​

Comments?
What can be said that also hasn't. This was a good movie, with quality in production, plot, animation, voicing acting and music.

You guys might want to check this link out: http://hellboyanimated.typepad.com/

If the link is correct, if dvd sales do well for the Hellboy, Sword of Storms movie, releases in Feb, they may even do a third Hellboy movie.

Also, there is a preview of the second Hellboy movie, Blood and Iron on that website.

PickHut

*daydreams*
Okay, so I actually went out of the way to watch the whole thing this time. It started out well, but just slowly went downhill once Hellboy got sucked into that other world. Well, it started off pretty good, actually. I liked how he dealt with the whole headless demon situation. Other than that, his other encounters were kinda weak.

The part I didn't like the most about the movie was Liz and Abe being stuck on that rock. It went nowhere. It almost went somewhere, but then for the rest of the movie all Liz did was stand around and burn the sea creature.

As for the ending.... I just couldn't get behind the sudden change of heart of the father. I just felt like he did it because Hellboy would beat him up if he didn't. Overall, a pretty average movie.

Paul_Cousins

1. Okay, so I actually went out of the way to watch the whole thing this time. It started out well, but just slowly went downhill once Hellboy got sucked into that other world. Well, it started off pretty good, actually. I liked how he dealt with the whole headless demon situation. Other than that, his other encounters were kinda weak.

2. The part I didn't like the most about the movie was Liz and Abe being stuck on that rock. It went nowhere. It almost went somewhere, but then for the rest of the movie all Liz did was stand around and burn the sea creature.

3. As for the ending.... I just couldn't get behind the sudden change of heart of the father. I just felt like he did it because Hellboy would beat him up if he didn't.

4. Overall, a pretty average movie.
1. That other world was a tribute to Japanese folklore.

2. What would you have them do?

3. You have ask youself, if the samuria had been present when the father originally killed the daughter, would the father had gone through with it? I doubt it.

4. At least you are not calling it bad.

PickHut

*daydreams*
2. Try to get off the rock and do something else. It just felt like the writers got lazy here.

3. Well, considering he made the guy turn to stone (and watched it happen), yes, I believe he would have. Unless the guy stopped him in time.

Naruto D.Luffy

Future Vongola Boss
My favorite part was when HB said "Screw you" to that spider lady.:D

I felt disapointed with the way he finished off the Thunder & Lighting brothers. One stab and that's it.:(

I was supprised with this movie , I thought it would be a loud of crap but it wasn't. My favirote part was when the heads start looking for Hellboy and their bodies and when they see Hellboy finally he says "boo" and blows them away.

Dead_Ninja_000

This movie was utter crap. Pointless fighting scenes, horrible animation, and the fact that it was hellboy to begin with. Well the only good thing was hearing hellboy having the same voice as his actor in the movie, that was the same voice wasn't it?:sweat: God, it felt like I was watching an episode of teen titans... and bad episode of teen titans.

Paul_Cousins

This movie was utter crap. Pointless fighting scenes, horrible animation, and the fact that it was hellboy to begin with. Well the only good thing was hearing hellboy having the same voice as his actor in the movie, that was the same voice wasn't it?:sweat: God, it felt like I was watching an episode of teen titans... and bad episode of teen titans.
I take it you are not a fan of the Hellboy series.

Raditz

JELLY ON THIS HOT GOD
I'm guessing they are trying to advertise the upcoming Hellboy movie?

R-Taco

Just A Little Bit Crazy
I really wish we'd get more of these, or a full-fledged TV series.

Despite initially being bummed that it wasn't in Mignola's uber-slick drawing style, Sean "Cheeks" Galloway's designs are pretty awesome in their own way. Still waiting for someone to edit clips into a Spectacular Spider-Man/Hellboy crossover. :p

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts