He-Man and the Masters of the Universe "Courage of Adam" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate the "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" episode 'Courage of Adam'!

Votes: 13 36.1%

Votes: 6 16.7%

Votes: 9 25.0%

Votes: 3 8.3%

Votes: 2 5.6%

Votes: 1 2.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
This is the official talkback thread for the "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" episode 'Courage of Adam' premiering on Toonami September 20th at 6.0 PM (5.0 Central). By the power of greyskull you shall comment in this thread! This is the fourth episode in the series and the first new episode of "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" since the premiere movie in August.​

Achika

Not a bad episode at all.

Adam trying to come to terms with the fact that he sucks....

And uh that's all. Still an entertaining episode.

Chris Sanders MSX

The MAN is back
Loved it. This show is just awesome. Now let's get some 2 part stories going and a short arc based on giving Cringer a voice and I'm a completely happy camper!

5 Stars.. And ya see ? No more overly spun weapons for no reason.

Link1130

I think was an okay episode. Adam may be better disguised than the 80's show but what's with the sword? It hardly changes! You'd think someone would figure Adam/He-Man out because of that.

4 stars.

JusticeLeagueLegion

Samantha is a hottie!!
I thought it was a pretty good episode...seeing Battlecat finally take out that flying drone, and then Panthor running off was kind of funny.

BlackCat

The Dark Knight
Originally posted by Chris Sanders MSX
Loved it. This show is just awesome. Now let's get some 2 part stories going and a short arc based on giving Cringer a voice and I'm a completely happy camper!

Sorry to crush your hopes, but it's been officially stated that Cringer will not be talking in this series.

I loved this episode. I'm hoping that this eliminated at least some doubt about this series. I'm liking this Skeletor alot, especially how he takes command when there's a problem. Things like his new globe and his plans for the tank creature were great. His horde were also great. Very good how they were talking about both Prince Adam and He-Man as real separate people like in Batman.

The training session with the robots were great. I'm glad to see even more of Orko, and am hoping for an origin episode for him. I at first thought they were real too, and never thought of them being androids. Did Castle Greyskull move now? Why is it now in a lava pit? Man-at-Arms' lab was interesting to see. I feel sorry for Adam since Teela treats him like a coward. I wonder how he's going to rectify that.

The globe and the talk of Stratos' home, Avion, goes further into making their planet seem real. I was hoping to actually see Avion, but talk is good too. During the attack on them was kind of strange. I thought that somebody would recognize Adam's sword. In the original, it wasn't the same because the sword looked more normal. Since the abstract design, it stands out. Great with the Orko/Cringer scene with them going to bring the Sword of Power to Adam. Hilarious to see Cringer as Panthor and all of those antics with him and the Doom Seeker.

I was hoping for more from Adam, instead of him going to He-Man, but the plan was clever though in killing the tank creature. The ending of the episode didn't seem final, but that's fine.

I see a lot of potential with this series, and people should be happy with less flips. I'm hoping this episode made more fans of He-Man. 5/5 stars.

g x

Glitchy
I really enjoyed it. Now let's all go to the outdoor arcade and play that game Adam and Teela were playing!

JohnStewart-GL

Mighty JLU memba
I liked it better than the begining. there was no flashy sword play. and whatnot. Plus we get some rather funny Orko moments. I gave it 5 starz.

Chris Sanders MSX

The MAN is back
Originally posted by blackcat
Sorry to crush your hopes, but it's been officially stated that Cringer will not be talking in this series.

No. It's just not right. Has any reason been given ? It can't be they are trying to keep a certain level of realism. They kept Mecha-Neck in the show for cripes sake. Oh well, Maybe next season. This is still a great show.

j32885

Suprieme Communicator Of MAVO
Re: H-M & MOTU Episode 4 "Courage Of Adam"

Not bad, not bad at all. I thought it was a good episode. Lots and action going on that kept in tune with the story. My favorite part of todays episode was that outdoor game that Teela & Adam. You just gotta to love playing with fire. :D

Artemis

For Great Justice!!
Well it's better than Armada now.

The writing was better. No corney one-liners. And actual development for Adam's character. Not everyone can come to terms with the fact they suck. :D

And I liked the references to the past episodes. Shows they are going to go by some continuity at least.

purplehairedwonder

No woman should suffer at the hands of men
Staff member
Originally posted by Artemis
And actual development for Adam's character. Not everyone can come to terms with the fact they suck. :D

Very true.
I liked this episode. I'm looking forward to the next episodes. And of course, the game between Adam and Teela, gotta love a fire game :D Anyway, good episode, 5 stars!

gtracer72

All hail Starscream!!
Why did I watch this? Well, since the first 3 episodes were bad, I figured maybe, just maybe the show would get better. Geez, was I wrong. I am totally turned off from He-man. It just bad. No more He-man for me.

JTurner954

Paradigm City, USA
Good episode. In fact, I liked it more than the 3 part movie. The movie felt familiar in a negative way (don't get me wrong I liked it), but this episode was more entertaining and provided some funny stuff (The stuff with Battlecat and the switch to the green cat and some of the stuff with that guy swimming in lava). Skeletor looks and sounds great as usual, and I liked all the characters more this time. Everytime I hear/see "I have the power", I automatically smile and chime in.

I still have one gripe: There's only (so far anyway) one green cat and when Battlecat shows up, they can't put together that Adam and HeMan are the same. If there is more than one green cat, then I'll disregard my gripe.

4 stars.

Ruffian

f.k.a. Twilight
I give it 4 stars. Overall I liked the episode. Lots more I liked about than what I didn't like and what I didn't like were nitpicking details.

Loved the frustration Adam has with being He-Man. Him talking to Man-At-Arms about it was nice develop as well as Teela's mocking him of being a coward. I really liked the use of Cringer in this episode too and the whole bit with him, Panthor, and the Doom Seeker. Hilarious! and a really good disguise by Orko. I was expecting his magic to go wrong. :p

The transformation sequence was SO much nicer than in the premiere. Very similar to the original transformation sequence, but still different in its own way. I like it. It gives me the feel that this is He-Man, but since this is an update it is different in design and I'm just happy it's a design that respects the original. The music I also am beginning to really like. It fits the atmosphere of the show. :)

Ooh, ooh... Anyone notice how similar this episode was to some of the storylines in the original series?? Yes, I see a few have. It's like they completely took two episodes and put them together for this one. The eps I'm referring to is "Prince Adam No More," and another one I can't remember the name of :eek:, but it's another Skeletor kidnaps the Prince story and Man-At-Arms built a He-Man robot to stall Skeletor so they can find Adam. Maybe that's why it this episode felt really short to me.

EDIT: The episode I couldn't remember before is "Disappearing Act." :)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Clown Prince

My God carries a big Hammer
Staff member
Originally posted by blackcat
The globe and the talk of Stratos' home, Avion, goes further into making their planet seem real. I was hoping to actually see Avion, but talk is good too.

I believe next week's episode which is called "Sky War" picks up on this war that Stratos was talking about in today's episode. The word "sky" in there kind of makes me think it is. Plus with the episode description...

Skeletor secretly investigates a war between two peaceful Eternian races in a plot to defeat He-Man.

I loved this episode. There were a lot less characters this time, which is a good thing. It only makes sense that they cram every single character there is into the pilot so we at least meet them. The character roster was kept to a minimum in this one and that was very enjoyable. Plus no "twirling" weapons. Thank God!

I love Whiplash's "Jurassic Park T-Rex" roar! I really hope we see more of him and in something of a bigger role later on down the road. His toy already looks great, and I can't wait to pick it up.

And of course the part that made me laugh was when Merman came out of his little muddy swamp hole thing in Snake Mountain and dripped all over a sleeping Panthor as he walked by, which then he wakes up, and chases after Merman. And of course when the Doomseeker is chasing after purple Cringer and zaps the real Panthor resulting in a nice slash to the Doomseeker, that was great. I had to laugh. The whole Cringer as Panthor thing was great.

Skeletor is a great character, and while the voice is different from Alan Oppenheimer's 80's Skeletor, I've come to really like this new voice.

Chris Sanders MSX asked about 2 parters. Well, there aren't going to be any 2 parters until the season finale (episodes 25 and 26) entitled "The Council of Evil" which was written by Dean Stefan who wrote the 3 part "Begining" and today's "Courage of Adam."

Too much else to list that I liked. This series is really shaping up to be really great.

The Clown Prince

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts