"Max (Warner Bros. Discovery Streaming Service)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
They are working on advertising based lower cost version you know the Hulu and Peacock model. AT&T Plans Lower-Priced Version of HBO Max With Advertising

Already posted.

HBO Max sent me an Email with a survey asking for subscriber feedback. Turns out they will be launching a cheaper tier with ads.

tHXR4BC.jpg

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Even more Comedy Central shows coming to HBO Max.

On the one hand, it's a shame that Viacom doesn't seem to know what to do with Comedy Central, and is letting not only some of their most promising recent series stream elsewhere, but they're now lending out some of their most significant legacy programming,

On the other, Chappelle's Show is one of the best, and deserves any outlet it can obtain to find a new audience. Same with Nathan for You, which is an instant classic.

harry580

On the one hand, it's a shame that Viacom doesn't seem to know what to do with Comedy Central, and is letting not only some of their most promising recent series stream elsewhere, but they're now lending out some of their most significant legacy programming,

On the other, Chappelle's Show is one of the best, and deserves any outlet it can obtain to find a new audience. Same with Nathan for You, which is an instant classic.
well sell comedy central back to warnermedia, and viacomcbs launch paramount comedy

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter

They don't know what to do with MTV either.... it's just kind of floating there.

I will say it's smart putting some stuff on HBO max since more people will be able to watch it, compared to the idea of putting on CBS All Access, that most never even touch.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
WarnerMedia already has a comedy-centric network. It's called TBS.

the greenman

If Paramount + comes out with Roku availability immediately, they will be ahead of the game. Hope they realize that. I know people who don't have HBO max for that reason.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
If Paramount + comes out with Roku availability immediately, they will be ahead of the game. Hope they realize that. I know people who don't have HBO max for that reason.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
If they are just renaming the CBS All Access they would just have to rename the already existing app

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
This has been addressed at Intanibase as well, but I thought I'd mention it here too: Numerous Looney Tunes shorts have been pulled from the service:
S01E17 - The Organ Grinder
S01E18 - I Like Mountain Music
S01E28 - Mr. and Mrs. Is the Name
S01E34 - Billboard Frolics
S03E14 - I Only Have Eyes for You
S03E17 - Egghead Rides Again
S04E18 - The Penguin Parade
S05E16 - Hamateur Night
S06E22 - Ceiling Hero
S07E28 - Saddle Silly
S08E32 - Ding Dog Daddy
S10E23 - From Hand to Mouse
S10E25 - Behind the Meatball
S15E22 - Big House Bunny
S22E24 - Bugsy and Mugsy
S24E18 - Baton Bunny
A few of these I can understand- they had some quality control issues that I could see the restoration team working on to put back up at a later date. But the rest are puzzling. More importantly, this doesn't inspire confidence in the streaming model (specifically, the streaming model where the parent company actually owns the content in question) if things are just going to be pulled without notice.

lowell

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
This has been addressed at Intanibase as well, but I thought I'd mention it here too: Numerous Looney Tunes shorts have been pulled from the service:
A few of these I can understand- they had some quality control issues that I could see the restoration team working on to put back up at a later date. But the rest are puzzling. More importantly, this doesn't inspire confidence in the streaming model (specifically, the streaming model where the parent company actually owns the content in question) if things are just going to be pulled without notice.

Some of these are in the public domain

Perla Magica

Digital Love

MegasMilo379

Finally.
On the one hand, it's a shame that Viacom doesn't seem to know what to do with Comedy Central
They don't know what to do with MTV either.... it's just kind of floating there.
Or maybe they do. They found whatever works at the moment from market research and went with it. MTV couldn't be music videos 24/7 anymore when everyone simply go to YouTube, Vevo, Spotify et al for them, so they had to do what they could to survive (as mindless & awful as their reality shows are [at least IMO]).

and is letting not only some of their most promising recent series stream elsewhere, but they're now lending out some of their most significant legacy programming,
$$$$$
WarnerMedia was willing to pay billions for several of Comedy Central's shows and ViacomCBS agreed to it. In this business, t all makes sense. And it won't be long before the deals end and we'll find those CC shows on Paramount+.

I wonder how Freeform will react to this reboot that happens to set in the same universe as the original show with new characters and new place.
They don't outright own the original, so they probably couldn't care less about the reboot. They'd really worry if it failed in the ratings on their turf.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Or maybe they do. They found whatever works at the moment from market research and went with it. MTV couldn't be music videos 24/7 anymore when everyone simply go to YouTube, Vevo, Spotify et al for them, so they had to do what they could to survive (as mindless & awful as their reality shows are [at least IMO]).

I wasn't mentioning the music videos, because I can understand that model really doesn't exist for them anymore, it's more how they tend to air one show "Ridiculousness" a lot , if you look at their schedule you'll see that show is on more than anything else they do. They throw in a few movies and some new episodes of their reality shows but really it's a channel that runs one show most of the time.

Reactions: RDG

MegasMilo379

Finally.
I wasn't mentioning the music videos, because I can understand that model really doesn't exist for them anymore, it's more how they tend to air one show "Ridiculousness" a lot , if you look at their schedule you'll see that show is on more than anything else they do. They throw in a few movies and some new episodes of their reality shows but really it's a channel that runs one show most of the time.
Ahhh got it

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts