"Max (Warner Bros. Discovery Streaming Service)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

The Master C

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
HBO used to own a stake in Comedy Central until 2003 (HBO launched one of Comedy Central's predecessors, The Comedy Channel). Plus Warner Bros. owns international distribution rights to South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut.

Perhaps ViacomCBS can trade the 1973 Charlotte's Web a Hanna-Barbera production, international rights to Watchmen, and US TV rights to Superman IV back to WarnerMedia in exchange for the international rights to the South Park film and WarnerMedia's rights to the first 4 TMNT movies.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Perhaps ViacomCBS can trade the 1973 Charlotte's Web a Hanna-Barbera production, international rights to Watchmen, and US TV rights to Superman IV back to WarnerMedia in exchange for the international rights to the South Park film and WarnerMedia's rights to the first 4 TMNT movies.
That'll work.

PF9

Some ideas I had for Pokemon Cinematic Universe TV shows on HBOmax:

Not Tied to Specific Movies
*A series based on Pokemon Ranger
*A trio of series based in a city in an unspecified region, one focusing on solving crimes committed with the aid of Pokemon, one set in a hospital where all the patients are Pokemon, and one showing the city's fire department which is aided by Water-type Pokemon (the use of a new unnamed region allows for any Pokemon from any generation to be used in these series).

Tied to Specific Movies
*Diamond and Pearl Spinoffs (especially if the movie heavily explores religious themes only hinted at in the games)
**A series inspired by (and for legal reasons, credited as being based on) Touched by an Angel, where angels sent by Arceus help people in crisis
***A spin-off of that series, based on TBAA's own spin-off Promised Land
*Black and White Duology Spinoffs
**A series about a Pokemon rights activist who is a central character in the Black and White movies
*Sun and Moon Duology Spinoffs
**A series about the Alolan Navy
**A series about the Aether Foundation, showing it as a cross between MacGyver's Phoenix Foundation and the real-life environmental organization Greenpeace

PF9

A future addition I'd like is the dub of the Pokemon anime, after having its Western rights acquired by WB and Legendary as an expansion of the media rights to Pokemon that they already have. New episodes would primarily be released Saturday mornings at 10 AM ET, which was the time slot for when it aired on Kids WB. New seasons would start with a premiere week as on Disney XD, with episodes on Sunday-Friday being released at 4 PM ET which was the former weekday slot for the show on Kids WB. Of course episodes would go live in all of the US at the same time, meaning a 7 AM release on the West Coast. HBOmax would have to wait most likely for the current contract with Disney XD to run out though.

Pokemon would still be accessible to traditional TV audiences by way of off-network syndication of completed seasons. These rights would ideally be acquired by Weigel Broadcasting for their MeTV and Heroes & Icons networks, which are over-the-air digital multicast networks, which have a far greater reach than any prospective cable home to off-network reruns of Pokemon. Some of the affiliates of these networks carried first-run Pokemon episodes either when it was syndicated, on Kids WB, or both (like my local station, Akron-Cleveland's WBNX-TV), thus in a way Pokemon would return to these stations.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
People who watch Cartoon Network shows are not this service's target demographic. Reuniting the Friends cast is a much splashier way to make an impression on older viewers.
Well, they are also targeting kids and families... if they make a promo for that demographic, will it use CN and Boomerang footage?

Dr.Pepper

People who watch Cartoon Network shows are not this service's target demographic. Reuniting the Friends cast is a much splashier way to make an impression on older viewers.
You can still start off with the cast of Friends, but show at least one scene from CN.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Uhh, it sorta is. HBO Max isn't just for adults who watch old episodes of Friends and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air or people who watch South Park or Rick and Morty. They've already established the fact that kids' series (whether from Sesame Workshop, Warner Bros. or Cartoon Network) will be on the streamer as well.
Are the people who watch Sesame Street or the CN shows the ones paying money for the service? Because those are the main people an ad should want to target.

Although it would admittedly be smart to run clips from some kids shows for potential parents.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts