"DC Animation on Max (Streaming Service)" News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
Superman The Animatedly Series is coming to HBO Max on March 17.

Honestly surprised it wasn't on there sooner, but better late than never :).

Raider969

Good thing Superman: The Animated Series is coming to HBO Max. It is a great show, just like the other DC Animated Universe shows. Now the only DC Animated Universe show left to put on HBO Max is The Zeta Project, but since it wasn't on the DC Universe App, I have a feeling it won't be on HBO Max. It is a good show too.

Frontier

Staff member

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
For those watching Superman: The Animated Series on HBO Max, take note the remaster does feature errors, the most glaring one so far from "The Last Son of Krypton, Part 3." During the scene where Luthor and Superman have their confrontation near the end of the episode, the entire background behind Luthor is completely missing, replaced with green screen. See below:

hdclip.jpg

To compare, the same scene from the DVD release:

74.jpg

Keep an eye out for further errors.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
For those watching Superman: The Animated Series on HBO Max, take note the remaster does feature errors, the most glaring one so far from "The Last Son of Krypton, Part 3." During the scene where Luthor and Superman have their confrontation near the end of the episode, the entire background behind Luthor is completely missing, replaced with green screen. See below:

hdclip.jpg

To compare, the same scene from the DVD release:

74.jpg

Keep an eye out for further errors.
That first image is template-worthy

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
There should be an animated remake of the Arrowverse version of Infinite Earths using the exact same cast members. This would be a great movie to put on HBOmax.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
What? Is that for real? How can that possible get passed quality control or something? Couldn't they have added ANYTHING if they were missing the background?

I'm sorry but it's just disrespectful.
100% real. Baffling. Ideally this will be fixed for the upcoming Blu-ray release (and before anyone asks, there is no official release date announced as of yet. Patience).

And to get back to the remaster error, a clip from the same cene is intact in the series opening titles:

hdclip2.jpg

Spider-Man

Sorry if this derails the thread, but is there any word on Superman TAS being available in HD on iTunes or Amazon?

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Good thing Superman: The Animated Series is coming to HBO Max. It is a great show, just like the other DC Animated Universe shows. Now the only DC Animated Universe show left to put on HBO Max is The Zeta Project, but since it wasn't on the DC Universe App, I have a feeling it won't be on HBO Max. It is a good show too.
I really hope that show becomes available on the streaming service eventually. It's quite disappointing that unlike Terry, Zeta hasn't had any major comic book appearances as in appearing in the main comic book continuity.

Palin Dromos

The Abyss Stares Back
100% real. Baffling. Ideally this will be fixed for the upcoming Blu-ray release (and before anyone asks, there is no official release date announced as of yet. Patience).

And to get back to the remaster error, a clip from the same cene is intact in the series opening titles:

hdclip2.jpg
For anyone keeping track, the un-comped Luthor office backgrounds in Last Son of Krypton Pt 3 and the missing Kirby Dedication in Apokalips...Now! Pt 2. have been fixed on HBOMax.

-batmat-

HBO Max finally became available in latin america today, and WOW, what a dissapointment!

No BTAS, STAS, BB, JL/JLU. Only ONE Batman animated movie (phantasm). Only THREE DC Universe movies (WW, GL:EK, JLD:AW). No The Batman. No Beware The Batman. Only the 1st season of TBATB.

I hope they add more stuff soon cause I don't see myself staying.

superkeegan9100

HBO Max finally became available in latin america today, and WOW, what a dissapointment!

No BTAS, STAS, BB, JL/JLU. Only ONE Batman animated movie (phantasm). Only THREE DC Universe movies (WW, GL:EK, JLD:AW). No The Batman. No Beware The Batman. Only the 1st season of TBATB.

What do they have...?

ShadowStar

I hope they at least have Young Justice...

-batmat-

What do they have...?
Besides what I mention, there's Teen Titans (complete) + Trouble in Tokyo, Teen Titans GO (and the VS movie), Justice League Action, a lot of the Lego movies (probably all? Not sure, dont care for them) , and a good chunk of the live action movies, but many missing.
I hope they at least have Young Justice...
Nope, but its 2 first seasons are on Netflix here , for now.

superkeegan9100

Besides what I mention, there's Teen Titans (complete) + Trouble in Tokyo, Teen Titans GO (and the VS movie), Justice League Action, a lot of the Lego movies (probably all? Not sure, dont care for them) , and a good chunk of the live action movies, but many missing.
What Cartoon Network series / non-DC WB shows do they have...?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.

Featured Posts