"DC Animation on Max (Streaming Service)" News and Discussion (Spoilers)

ShadowStar

Is this music on one of the La-La Land soundtracks?
Not the end title music for those 10 episodes, no. The "alternate main title" on the Volume 1 soundtrack is the AoB&R main theme, but the AoB&R end title theme is nowhere to be found on any of the four soundtrack releases. I imagine that it will be released when LLLR releases the music from episodes 66-85.

ShadowStar

Rumor has it that HBO Max might bring back Batman: Animated Series:

If it does come back Bruce Timm must come back to make it.

It would have to be a TNBA-style show and the composers would have to be the same people who worked on the original series. Batman & Harley Quinn was scored by Dynamic Music Partners, so I would like to see them have the opportunity to return for this series, if it does come about.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
It would be such a risk if it did happen.

Plus, what key creative individuals would come back? Timm is a given, but he would get the brunt of the criticism if it didn't work. It would be weird hearing actors other than Zimbalist Jr. And Hastings as Alfred and Gordon, respectively. I wonder if Clive Revell is still active?

I desperately want another show set in the DCAU, but perhaps do something original in the world before returning to B:TAS/TNBA.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It would be such a risk if it did happen.

Plus, what key creative individuals would come back? Timm is a given, but he would get the brunt of the criticism if it didn't work. It would be weird hearing actors other than Zimbalist Jr. And Hastings as Alfred and Gordon, respectively. I wonder if Clive Revell is still active?

I desperately want another show set in the DCAU, but perhaps do something original in the world before returning to B:TAS/TNBA.
Clive Revell is still alive, but he's almost 90 (or already is 90). He hasn't voiced Alfred in years, meaning he'd sound radically different if he ever came back to the role. I'd say bring back Maurice LaMarche since he voiced Alfred in that VR game based on the show from a few years ago.

Frontier

Staff member

If it does come back Bruce Timm must come back to make it work again.
I guess this is the era of revivals, but at the same time, after reading The Adventure Continues comic, I'm not sure I want to see yet another revival :sweat:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

If it does come back Bruce Timm must come back to make it work again.
If you back track the original source, We Got This Covered, it's definitely fake and has no substance. I saw it the other week before Christmas and chose not to post it.

colomb

I just want more new DC cartoons in general :).

Gives us a Wonder Woman cartoon, darn it ;).
Yeah, people really tout WB's animated DC output, especially when it comes to DC vs Marvel debates but I think WB's DC animated content has been lacking for the better part of the last decade in both quality and quantity. The one thing that they've been lacking the most is content that appeals to both young and old. HBO Max provides the perfect venue to change all that but with the announcements of Batwheels and the movie tie-in stuff it seems they prefer content to have a specific target demo.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, people really tout WB's animated DC output, especially when it comes to DC vs Marvel debates but I think WB's DC animated content has been lacking for the better part of the last decade in both quality and quantity. The one thing that they've been lacking the most is content that appeals to both young and old. HBO Max provides the perfect venue to change all that but with the announcements of Batwheels and the movie tie-in stuff it seems they prefer content to have a specific target demo.
I would say they've had quality entertainment aimed at different age groups but maybe not so much broad-ranging like the DCAU.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Clive Revell is still alive, but he's almost 90 (or already is 90). He hasn't voiced Alfred in years, meaning he'd sound radically different if he ever came back to the role. I'd say bring back Maurice LaMarche since he voiced Alfred in that VR game based on the show from a few years ago.

I didn't enjoy his Alfred... it felt off and forced.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts