"HBO Max (Streaming Service)" Related Animation News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
I would begrudgingly, lol, watch a Batman show like that. Essentially an extension of Strange Days.

If anyone here has a twitter, @HBOMaxHelp is pretty cordial and is the account to tell what kind of shows one wants. Then there's also a simple form that can be filled out, too. I suggested series like a solo Wonder Woman, JLI, and Suicide Squad.
I was kind of more general with just "More DC Cartoons" ;).

ShadowStar

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The hope is they touch on a bit of everything at WC that's in production for HBO Max exclusively, Phantoms, Harley, and Aquaman, maybe even finally comment on the status of BizarroTV or Jenkins' Amazon spin off series.

the greenman

Or they might save Young Justice news for San Diego Comic Con.
So save The Batman, Aquaman 2, and Shazam 2 for SDCC? Why not?
The hope is they touch on a bit of everything at WC that's in production for HBO Max exclusively, Phantoms, Harley, and Aquaman, maybe even finally comment on the status of BizarroTV or Jenkins' Amazon spin off series.
Much like Disney, mostly concentrating on television productions.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
I imagine Justice Society; WWII would be one of the projects they'll feature during WonderCon since that's the closest release (though unrelated to HBO Max, it will eventually be on the service). I think between the WarnerMedia event next week and now WonderCon next month, we'll have at least some announcements in regards to the DC Animation slate on streaming.

It's probably too early to start speculating about SDCC, and who knows, we might get one more "DC FanDome" later in the year. :p

Frontier

Staff member
I imagine Justice Society; WWII would be one of the projects they'll feature during WonderCon since that's the closest release (though unrelated to HBO Max, it will eventually be on the service). I think between the WarnerMedia event next week and now WonderCon next month, we'll have at least some announcements in regards to the DC Animation slate on streaming.

It's probably too early to start speculating about SDCC, and who knows, we might get one more "DC FanDome" later in the year. :p
I'm totally down for one :D.

veemonjosh

ENEMY STAND!
So Static Shock and The Batman are on HBOMax today. They look INCREDIBLE in HD! Please Warner Archive, for the love of all DC animation fans, put them on complete series blu ray sets already!
The downside is that Static Shock is missing two episodes ("Toys in the Hood" and "Now You See Him...") and The Batman is missing one ("Cash for Toys"). As far as I remember, these were on DC Universe, so I'm not sure why they're absent.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The downside is that Static Shock is missing two episodes ("Toys in the Hood" and "Now You See Him...") and The Batman is missing one ("Cash for Toys"). As far as I remember, these were on DC Universe, so I'm not sure why they're absent.
HBO Max Help replied and said to DM them on twitter and include the email address you provided HBO Max.

Dallas Kinard

the greenman

Great series. Some eps are hit or miss for me, but in hindsight it was a good series. It introduced me to characters like Bibbo who I didn't even know existed. Mind you I grew up with the series, and my only reading of the comics were the Death of Superman series and resurrection stuff. I was mostly Batman, Flash, and some Swamp Thing. Anything else was really kinda spotty reads.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Having watched today's Vampirina episode, her performance was definitely a highlight.

Happy 75th birthday to Tim Curry. I have many fond memories of watching his various performances in various shows and movies.
New Page on the RegularCapital Audiovisual Wiki: Cartoon Network Europe's Casillas (aka "Boxes") Era: Cartoon Network Europe's Casillas Era
(REPOST) This is the list of the (fictional) AS Hotel members, effective 4 May when freshly joined Hungarian people finish their 4th-floor sequence.
The same event happened on this thread twice, 15 April 15:31 CET and today, 14:11 CET.
Myself and RandomMe pressed the Post Reply button at the same time. Isn't that weird?

Featured Posts