HBO Max removes all 1951-2004 Looney Tunes shorts.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I keep tellin' ya'll - they're only doing this to push cheap and crappy Reality TV and sell it for more than than said cheap-o crap is worth. I would not comply if I were any of you, to state honest to God FACTS & TRUTH about all of this, at the end of the day.

Zorak Masaki

If not for the fact that they pulled HBO MAX originals too, I'd almost think that they want people to forget about the old content and want people to focus more on the original content.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
If not for the fact that they pulled HBO MAX originals too, I'd almost think that they want people to forget about the old content and want people to focus more on the original content.
WHAT Original Content??? They ain't got nothing to watch or worth watching that isn't some cheap reality TV crap down the line, last time I checked..... Especially if it's NEW content in this case, which is making this situation much worse for those of ya'll spending money on all this.

This is why I would stop spending money on this service - I think and feel you're getting ripped off by being overcharged with cheap chachcas for entertainment, unfortunately enough..... Not unless something changes for the better, that is.

Classic Speedy

Come back soon!
Staff member
Reporter
WHAT Original Content??? They ain't got nothing to watch or worth watching that isn't some cheap reality TV crap down the line, last time I checked..... Especially if it's NEW content in this case, which is making this situation much worse for those of ya'll spending money on all this.

This is why I would stop spending money on this service - I think and feel you're getting ripped off by being overcharged with cheap chachcas for entertainment, unfortunately enough..... Not unless something changes for the better, that is.
There IS original programming that isn't reality/nonfiction (see this list), but YMMV on them of course.

IckityAckityOop

I woke up this morning to some devastating news: HBO Max has now removed all the 1951-2004 Looney Tunes cartoons.
NOOO!!! That had a lot of their best stuff! I hope it doesn't become the 2000s all over again when the Looney Tunes could not be seen anywhere except for DVD and Boomerang... I know they're still airing on MeTV, thankfully (and I just watched some there this morning), but even so, it can't beat the convenience of streaming at times.
Of course, I blame David Zaslav for this. Hasn't he done enough damage to Warner Bros.- Discovery and HBO Max already? (I pray that the new streaming service that will come from HBO Max and Discovery+ merging will reinstate those shorts, or they might go onto another streaming service as a stopgap solution, the way some of the other stuff already has.)
To call this news "devastating" is a bit melodramatic but I can understand the disappointment and anger at this revelation about HBO Max. I'm peeved about it because there are a bunch of Looney Tunes shorts after 1949, about a dozen, that I have tremendous fondness towards. Among these are some cherished favorites of mine, such as Rabbit of Seville (which for me is much better than the lauded and beloved What's Opera, Doc) and also Ali Baba Bunny. Frankly I don't even watch anything they made after 1957 because the quality and comedy rapidly went downhill during that era. But for HBO Max to just drop a slew of these theatrical cartoons (and also seasons 4-6 of The Flintstones), well, that stinks. It's not the end of the world but it's really stupid and crummy.

Silverstar

Let's Get Laffy!
I hope David Zaslav gets fired and maybe get arrested and put him in jail for 100 years!
The man's an oily, bottom-line focused, out-of-touch boomer shlockmeister who doesn't give a rat's butt about art or artists and clearly regards cartoons as mere kids' stuff, but he's not Al Capone.

The best way to hurt people in power is to strip them of that power; if his 'brilliant strategies' fail to bear fruit then he should be ousted as CEO and all of his cost-cutting measures should be negated. What he's done in 2022 isn't criminal (legally speaking, anyway) but it shouldn't ever be viewed as normal or acceptable.

harry580 said:
that will not work, I think that David zaslav could just found his own company if he leaves Warner bros discovery just like how Michael Eisner founded his own company after leaving Disney in 2005

I don't care what he does if he were to be let go; he could be put in charge of a Krispy Kreme in Ohai, for all I care, as long as he's no longer in a position to screw over creators and fans.

Last edited:

TsWade2

that will not work, I think that David zaslav could just found his own company if he leaves Warner bros discovery just like how Michael Eisner founded his own company after leaving Disney in 2005
I know. I just said that because I'm mad at that animated hating loser.
The man's an oily, bottom-line focused, out-of-touch boomer shlockmeister who doesn't give a rat's butt about art or artists and clearly regards cartoons as mere kids' stuff, but he's not Al Capone.

The best way to hurt people in power is to strip them of that power; if his 'brilliant strategies' fail to bear fruit then he should be ousted as CEO and all of his cost-cutting measures should be negated. What he's done in 2022 isn't criminal (legally speaking, anyway) but it shouldn't ever be viewed as normal or acceptable.
I know. Again I'm just saying it that because I'm mad at him. I'm so glad I didn't subscribe to HBO Max.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today i learned that David Cronenberg (The Fly, Scanners) has a son who’s also a director and i saw a very psychedelic arthouse film made by him called Infinity Pool. I hope he becomes a more high profile director some day.

I wouldn’t recommend it to people who don’t watch arthouse movies though. It’s also very adult-oriented if you know what i mean
Update on the M&M's situation. He has reliable sources in this video.
Review Metabee wrote on DaGangOfToonz's profile.
is there any chance you are stoonsarchvie/sheetposter
Was "Xiaolin Chronicles" dubbed in both European Spanish and Latin American Spanish, like "Xiaolin Showdown"?

Featured Posts